This Pittsburgh Penguins Act is Getting Old

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
Just watched the highlights of this one... Geez, Pittsburgh.

Okay, the Karlsson misplay is bizarre. Like, what... is he thinking there? He gets pressured and then makes a decent bank off the back boards to get partial control of the puck back. On his forehand, he could just punch the puck towards the boards and no harm done. Instead, he backhands the puck into the blue-paint with minimal control and basically puts it on a pillow for the Isles to knock into the net.

Also, the goals allowed by the goalie in this one were brutal.

Crosby, if you're reading this: Take a pay-cut and you can get a nice role on the Oilers' second line. Do it.

Reactions: PaulD

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
Insane that the Capitals have more points than the Pens at this point of the season.

Both of these teams are in for some dark, dark years.

The Caps at least have some young decent talent in the pipeline.

Reactions: Laus723

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
The waivers thing seems like the least of the problems. Taking a chance on a waiver pick up when your bottom 6 isn't producing - that seems like a risk worth taking IMO.

Reactions: Yemeth

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
It's too bad the Pens are having a bad year. As a fan of teams that have gone 50+ years with nothing to show for it (Sabres) and even longer in some cases (Red Sox pre-2004) I can relate...not.

Reactions: Laus723

FDBluth

Jul 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Is Malkin playing hurt? He seems like a shadow of his former self.
I was checking out his NHL Edge stats and he's basically like 10th percentile in top skating speed this year. That's...bad. Unfortunately I think injuries and age have taken their toll.

Relatedly I was surprised to see Crosby is still 83rd percentile in top speed. Thought he would be quite a bit lower at this point in his career.

Reactions: BallardEra

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
Is Sullivan really this delusional?:

"When we bring that certain game, there isn’t a team in the league we can’t compete with,” Sullivan said. “We just got to make sure that we understand what that game is. And then everybody’s got to take some ownership for bringing their contribution to it.”

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014

"When we bring that certain game, there isn’t a team in the league we can’t compete with,” Sullivan said. “We just got to make sure that we understand what that game is. And then everybody’s got to take some ownership for bringing their contribution to it.”
sounds like he's been taking notes from Tomlin... Lot of words, but no substance... What does that even mean?

I like Sully a lot, but the lip service is getting tiresome and seeing the same garbage result evry game is just getting embarrassing.

mkatcherin00

Apr 2, 2023
Insane that the Capitals have more points than the Pens at this point of the season.

Both of these teams are in for some dark, dark years.

The Caps at least have some young decent talent in the pipeline.
Is this what the fans wanted?

I had a discussion on the Oilers board about this. I cheer for the Jersey.

Sure id want McDavid and Draisaitl in Edmonton longer, but if it was like Pitts, I'd want them to go elsewhere for a year or two/three and try winning more (if they did win one already).

Sign back for a day then retire

I would not want to watch old superstars be on a bad team with nothing to look forward to for years. If you have nothing to look forward to as a fan, that's not good.

These guys already won cups there too.

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009

What is he really supposed to say though? This team isn't good enough? We don't have the roster to compete? Even if that's the truth it's insulting and demoralizing to the players and it throws (rightfully or wrongfully) management under the bus.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
Just watched the highlights of this one... Geez, Pittsburgh.

Okay, the Karlsson misplay is bizarre. Like, what... is he thinking there? He gets pressured and then makes a decent bank off the back boards to get partial control of the puck back. On his forehand, he could just punch the puck towards the boards and no harm done. Instead, he backhands the puck into the blue-paint with minimal control and basically puts it on a pillow for the Isles to knock into the net.

Also, the goals allowed by the goalie in this one were brutal.

Crosby, if you're reading this: Take a pay-cut and you can get a nice role on the Oilers' second line. Do it.

Holmstroms stick actually gets to the puck faster than EK's actually and puts it through the paint, EK never touches the puck after chipping it behind to the board when it bounces. Holmstrom made a really good play there to force Ek's stick up and then beats him back to the puck with double effort.

paracord

May 5, 2016
The Pens are rotten this year even with the signing of a 100 point Dman and Crosby scoring goals like it's 2010.

Dubas is sort of tied down since he can't do much about the triumvirate of Letang, Malkin, and Crosby. Crosby is the only one earning his dough right now.

And they have the Carter contract like an albatross on their necks. The cupboard is bare from all the years of trading #1's and the picks they did have not panning out.

But hey, I'm not complaining. 3 cups in the Crosby era. They were bound to finally run out of gas. We are on E right now! :D

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad