Post-Game Talk: This is the end

Was this season a success?

• Total voters

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I actually did some things to get my mind off of hockey (although I listened to a bunch of pods while doing them - 32Thoughts, GYB, Marek, Reid’s postgame), I changed reverse osmosis filters, changed oil in my side by side UTV, walked 17kms, then went fishing for a few hours. Now I’m just pondering how this team can get back to the finals next year in the west conference.

Will be tough. Game 7 was an opportunity.
That’s good. Yeh I went on a bike ride listening to GYB, post game interviews, maybe get to some others later but outsider podcasts especially from Toronto I can’t handle right now. It’ll be just a bunch of panthers dick sucking and inaccurate takes on the oilers that I’d like to avoid right now.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
End of the beginning?
I changed it. Yah that might work. Lol

I actually did some things to get my mind off of hockey (although I listened to a bunch of pods while doing them - 32Thoughts, GYB, Marek, Reid’s postgame), I changed reverse osmosis filters, changed oil in my side by side UTV, walked 17kms, then went fishing for a few hours. Now I’m just pondering how this team can get back to the finals next year in the west conference.

Will be tough. Game 7 was an opportunity.
Imagine being the players who got within one goal, or two I guess. They must be shook to the core.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I couldn’t watch the stanley cup presentation bc I didn’t want to watch him and Sam ‘I’m insecure I couldn’t do a pull-up at the combine 10 years ago so now I’ve made wanting to be a tough guy my life mission to compensate’ lift the cup. As someone on the bandwagon I feel more upset at Florida winning than Edmonton losing. You guys as fans are more loyal and deserve it way more than those bandwagoners, half of whom will stop watching hockey altogether after one bad season. Something about Maurice just screams off. Narcissistic is probably accurate. I wouldn’t trust him as a person idk.
I made the decision that I’d watch the presentations as a sign of respect to the winning team but I regretted it immediately. I didn’t last any longer than the presentation of the cup. I saw Barkov take it but then I changed the channel before he passed it on.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I changed it. Yah that might work. Lol

Imagine being the players who got within one goal, or two I guess. They must be shook to the core.
History shows that more players get to this spot, never to close in on it again than those who do.

Let that sink in…

I keep thinking of Marcel Dionne, Dale Hawerchuk, Lindros, Brad Park and a bunch of other greats who never saw their family name on the Cup .

Yet Tkachuk wins one.

As Denis Lemieux said,

Make me sick, make me wanna puke everytime.

I made the decision that I’d watch the presentations as a sign of respect to the winning team but I regretted it immediately. I didn’t last any longer than the presentation of the cup. I saw Barkov take it but then I changed the channel before he passed it on.
That’s about when I tapped out too and switched to Netflix.

BlackDogg

Oct 3, 2015
History shows that more players get to this spot, never to close in on it again than those who do.

Let that sink in…

I keep thinking of Marcel Dionne, Dale Hawerchuk, Lindros, Brad Park and a bunch of other greats who never saw their family name on the Cup .

Yet Tkachuk wins one.

As Denis Lemieux said,

Make me sick, make me wanna puke everytime.

That’s about when I tapped out too and switched to Netflix.
I couldn't watch rat get it. Basically a team quitter. And cheap shot artist Sam beatit. Seems like lack of integrity is rewarded in this game. Just like officials, the worst get promoted.

You didn’t finish watching game 7?
Nope

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
I couldn't watch rat get it. Basically a team quitter. And cheap shot artist Sam beatit. Seems like lack of integrity is rewarded in this game. Just like officials, the worst get promoted.

Nope

Same. I always get feelings when they are going to lose and it just felt like that. It's not out of me hating the team, but you just get that feeling that it's not meant to be.

Race Dawg

LEAFS SUCK!!
Mar 10, 2023
Sunny Muskoka
If you've ever spent much time in GTA theres nothing atypical about it at all. Anything connected to Alberta is despised and unholy. Just a signpost of how fractured this nation ALWAYS is.
Lived in Toronto for 17-years. No one really gaves a shit about anything or anyone outside the boundaries of the GTA. Kinda like a SoCal vs NorCal thingy when I was there. Trust me Alberta was nothing more than an after thought and trust the rest of Ontario hates Toronto..

BlackDogg

Oct 3, 2015
Same. I always get feelings when they are going to lose and it just felt like that. It's not out of me hating the team, but you just get that feeling that it's not meant to be.
Yeah I had that feeling that game after the 2nd florida goal. Couldn't bear to watch.

Yea so rewatching game 7 highlights was a huge mistake lol. God damn I feel like shit now.
Not recommended. Try Rybelsis

FanOfSadTeam

Dec 12, 2010

Absolutely ride or die, how emotionally Leon gets thinking about Connor being sad and upset.

This is honestly why I'm so down about the loss. McDavid gives it his all, plays the game the right way, and it's all for naught.

I'd be happier if this were earlier in their careers. But they could very well not win a cup here. It would be an utter failure on the part of the organization.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Yeah I had that feeling that game after the 2nd florida goal. Couldn't bear to watch.

Not recommended. Try Rybelsis
2nd florida goal did it to me as well. OIl were gaining momentum and bam!! FL scored the 2nd so I said to myself. "That's it, I've had it" .Turned off the TV and listened to Jack Michaels for the rest. I don't think I've ever done that for a close playoff game but I had the feeling I couldn't shake that the team was done.

Reactions: BlackDogg

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
This is honestly why I'm so down about the loss. McDavid gives it his all, plays the game the right way, and it's all for naught.

I'd be happier if this were earlier in their careers. But they could very well not win a cup here. It would be an utter failure on the part of the organization.
Yeah, Chiarelli really screwed this team hard. I think it took Holland a couple of seasons to clean his mess only to make some of his own although not nearly as bad as that F*** UP Chiarelli made.

BlackDogg

Oct 3, 2015
Oh I don’t know, I mean tkachuk mentioned them. I mean can you believe how that must have felt for them, a former player of theirs who won the Stanley cup did it all for them. It’s like they won it themselves, what a day for them.
It was like going to your exes wedding for them. And then staying in the next hotel room.

Ohhh Calgary

Euler77

Apr 12, 2017
Ottawa
This one hurts more than '06, but I am thankful I got to watch the team I love play in the Stanley Cup Finals and be a post away from a different result.

I'll take that any day over being on the outside looking in. It was an 'remarkable' journey and a wild ride right to the final horn.

I still love the Oilers and you do too.

BlackDogg

Oct 3, 2015
I can't believe I've been able to get completely deflated by two Stanley cup game sevens. Honestly I think 06 was worse as well though.

Reactions: bellagiobob

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad