Rumor: Canucks confirm that Zadorov will be hitting the market on July 1

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I wonder if 5x5 would even get it done honestly, I don't see allvin saying no for another .250k
5X5 was fair. 4.75X4 isn't. I don't know if he signs 5X5 or not. I just know that the later is a reasonable offer to a guy with all the leverage and the former is not.

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
He is pissed, Zadorov was a key member for us in the playoffs, talked about how he wanted to stay, did not want to leave, loves it here, family loves it here.

Guys like Myers, Joshua, Hronek all staying and mostly signing under projections.
Offered him apparently 4.75m x 4/5, which is more than fair, and decided to play hardball for what another 500k?

He is pissed, clearly want's the most money, and that's fine, no problem there, but our GM has every right to be agitated as well with the situation.

Exactly every single guy took a discount, even Myers.

Zadorov supposedly talked about how much he wanted to be here, yet wanted no part of a team friendly contract.

Me Russian Me Want Money

I'd rather overpay for Guentzel

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
5X5 was the fair number. He'll get more than that in UFA. You're asking the guy to leave likely 11M on the table. I think if you offered 5X5 it would have been fair as he'd be leaving 5M on the table instead of 11M. Add in those brutal BC taxes and it's not a hometown discount, it's a hometown pillaging.
I was thinking maybe Allvin might offer a 7 year deal to bring the AAV down... maybe like ~$30-32M over 7 years... NMC in the first few years and structure the contract to be potentually buyout palatable the last couple years

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Zadorov going for the pay day. Can’t blame him. Why not.

Didn't Klingberg reject like 6 AAV extension with the Stars b/c he thought he was worth more and then got pocket change on a one yead deal?

Zadorov seems like a similar candidate. He will be leftover after most of the d-men who are valued more get taken off the market and there is no cap left for teams to offer him even what nucks probably offered him and he will end up signing like a 1 yr deal in hopes of cashing in the next year LOL

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
There should be considerable interest in Zadorov. Big, physical mobile d with reasonable skills are always in demand.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I was thinking maybe Allvin might offer a 7 year deal to bring the AAV down... maybe like ~$30-32M over 7 years... NMC in the first few years and structure the contract to be potentually buyout palatable the last couple years
Yeah, my guess on his UFA deal is 5M per for 6 years. If I was Zadaorov I would sign that deal from Vancouver. 4.75X4? Not a chance.

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
Yeah, my guess on his UFA deal is 5M per for 6 years. If I was Zadaorov I would sign that deal from Vancouver. 4.75X4? Not a chance.
Allvin's original offer of 4.75x4 is certainly less in term and $ than he could get at market. I would've been good with a ~$5.2x5. Ideally something more like ~4.5x7 would've been better though, but that is a really long term.

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
1719613634422.png

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
Exactly every single guy took a discount, even Myers.

Zadorov supposedly talked about how much he wanted to be here, yet wanted no part of a team friendly contract.

Me Russian Me Want Money

I'd rather overpay for Guentzel
honestly its all good. I don't blame him for wanting to cash in at all. I also really respect when players buy in and understand there's only so much cap space to go around and if you want to win a cup you need to give a little. It's just what more important to the player? max money or setting yourself up to win a cup.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Would still be a much better contract than Nurse :dunno:

EDM should shed him and sign Zads to that deal

He's 29....
You expect him to play until 40? He's an 11 year pro. He's looking for 6 years minimum. Guys his size and with his mileage don't play past 35 often. I guarantee this is his last contract in the NHL. You believe otherwise if you like.

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
The Canucks have like 16m in space, they could have signed Zadorov to whatever he wanted.

Alvin chose to not match their ask, and this could very well be a public play to pressure the Zadorov camp into accepting whatever they offered.

yeah. his take is objectively the dumbest take on this board atm

"he was good in playoffs! pay him more than he's worth!"

smrt way to build a shitty team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad