Post-Game Talk: This is the end

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Was this season a success?

• Total voters

oilcountry17

Aug 27, 2007
edmonton
People saying goal 2 was un-screened muffin are just crazy. They showed the angle from behind net, puck came over kulak skates which means Skinner did nit get a clean look at release, and the Florida player coming across his eyes waved his stick. He didn't tip it but it still causes you to loose sight sight on the puck. Skinner played good enough had no run support. Good season lots of fight but in the end came up short, can't play McDavid & Drai that many mins in 3rd when they aren't generating.

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
f*** this league, seriously f*** it

there is nothing to be proud of
The thing that annoys me is the 15 penalties that could’ve been called between 2 shifts, it was holding and hooking galore, but let’s call some chincy shit early in the game.

The panthers didn’t hold a lead, they used multiple infractions to do it. Would our PP have showed up? I have my doubts. But still call the damn penalties.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Yeah we’ll see

McDavid had a career low shooting percentage this year (12%) right after scoring 60+ the year before. Before he potted a couple in game 5 he was at ~8% in the playoffs

I would just assume if it is a normal injury it would heal by now given how long it has been since October. Gazolla is pretty plugged in
Some people here love ignoring obvious injuries Just love to dump on a player and that's it. Just perform for me "you puppet". Anyone who has watched McD for nearly a decade knew something was wrong with him from the start of the season.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
The thing that annoys me is the 15 penalties that could’ve been called between 2 shifts, it was holding and hooking galore, but let’s call some chincy shit early in the game.

The panthers didn’t hold a lead, they used multiple infractions to do it. Would our PP have showed up? I have my doubts. But still call the damn penalties.
it doesn't f***ing matter one bit

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
People saying goal 2 was un-screned muffin are just crazy. They showed the angle from behind net, puck came over kulak skates which means Skinner did nit get a clean look at release, and the Florida player coming across his eyes waved his stick. He didn't tip it but it still causes you to loose sight sight on the puck. Skinner played good enough had no run support. Good season lots of fight but in the end came up short, can't play McDavid & Drai that many mins in 3rd when they aren't generating.
f*** Kulak for that play, love the guy but f*** him in that moment.

As soon as he started to back track I knew it was bad.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I’ve never seen one either, I was alive for a couple technically.

We’ll be back
Maybe. It’s exceedingly rare to make the finals in multiple years. Especially having lost in 7, last time that’s happened was 1955. Not impossible but, this was very likely McDavids one chance.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Some people here love ignoring obvious injuries Just love to dump on a player and that's it. Just perform for me "you puppet". Anyone who has watched McD for nearly a decade knew something was wrong with him from the start of the season.
wtf he just set a playoff record for back-to-back 4 point games and some other f***y assist record

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Generational disappointment. 🤦‍♂️

McDavid no points in the biggest game of his career.

Dry completely invisible all series.

What happened!?
Who are you again?

Oh checking your post history i remember now, you’re the guy who pops in every now and then to say “we’re done” “stick a fork in this team” or “inexcusable” i mean if you if say it enough, it will eventually happen right?

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
I was born in 91, I’ve never seen this team win a cup. It sucks.
I watched the 1990 win by myself as a kid and then hopped on my bike to go tell my parents and all their friends to who were playing a Slo-Pitch game. They were happy, and the game continued. Five Cups in seven years apparently dulled Oilers fans appreciation of how hard it was to win a Cup.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Lol at Barkov single handheld shutting McDavid down including on the PPs. That's a myth.
McDavid didn't come out because he didn't care for the trophy without the other one.
He is team first.. what did you expect after failing to register a point in last 2 games he would come out happy and accept the MVP trophy?
Barkov couldn't hold his jock when it comes to being MVP .. McDavid was gretzky good these playoffs .. far above any other player.
Again, I’m not a fan of it going to a player from the losing team. This goes back to when Hextall stole one from us. I probably would even have been fine with McDavid still winning it if he had provided some offence tonight in a loss but he didn’t. Ending the series going pointless in two games, to me, changes the narrative from what it was after game 5.

Lol at Barkov single handheld shutting McDavid down including on the PPs. That's a myth.
McDavid didn't come out because he didn't care for the trophy without the other one.
He is team first.. what did you expect after failing to register a point in last 2 games he would come out happy and accept the MVP trophy?
Barkov couldn't hold his jock when it comes to being MVP .. McDavid was gretzky good these playoffs .. far above any other player.
Again, I’m not a fan of it going to a player from the losing team. This goes back to when Hextall stole one from us. I probably would even have been fine with McDavid still winning it if he had provided some offence tonight in a loss but he didn’t. Ending the series going pointless in two games, to me, changes the narrative from what it was after game 5.

Reactions: harpoon

Emotive

Oct 6, 2017
Foegele can walk and Henrique can take his money. Janmark and Brown shouldn’t be too expensive. McLeod and Ceci shouldn’t be hard to move.
Campbell and Nurse are near unmovable though.
Foegele, brown and janmark showed up more than half the team for the entire Stanley cup finals... Janmark and brown were the entire reason our PK was more elite than it's ever been. These guys are worth more than we think. The oilers finally have a useful bottom 6 for the first time in years instead of just filling it in with ahl caliber players. Ceci probably can be replaced yes, and I agree about nurse and Campbell

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Because people love to shit on him. Although I can't say that he didn't bring it on himself. I better find out that every f***ing bone in his body was shattered or otherwise he can take a one way ticket the f*** out of town.
Drai was 70% on the dot in a game 7 with a broken finger and multiple other injuries that are going to be revealed. 3X in game he walked defenders, Several times he made excellent strips to maintain Ozone pressure. Several other times he was making power moves into zone and to dangerous areas. The reality though is he spent much of the game with guys like Holloway and Foegele. I would've at least put henrique up on wing with him. Something to try.

All the punters that just weeks ago that said "please stop me if I ever Blame Drai again" are doing it again. Could see he's going to be the pincushion all offseason.

Can't wait for all the Let him walk posts which will be coming soon.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Just like 2006, you could see off the starting face off.....opposing team wanted it more, and went for it.
we build from this...now they know what it takes to win and hopefully learn from it.
Heard it all before right up there with 32 years of horrible management in Canada, wink wink... f***ing bullshit copes.

We just got f***ed by the Bettman once again and you're making copes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad