Post-Game Talk: This is the end

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Was this season a success?

• Total voters

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Have to add - now a days these NHL teams get a fair amount of rest in playoffs
Oilers had a week then a couple 3 days off in the finals
Back in the day it was back to back then day off and then on to the other teams arena and back to back
I think it’s on purpose. The Oilers now have what 2.5 months till training camp?
League wants more variety of teams in the finals.

Emotive

Oct 6, 2017
To an extent. I think the whole playoffs has shown which players deserve to be here and which players the team has to overcome their bad play.
I just hope that the guys in charge don’t take them making it to game 7 as a sign the work is done with this roster.
Problem is the ones who deserve to be here are rentals and the ones making all the mistakes we signed to long term overpaid contracts...

Reactions: CycloneSweep

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Is there a reason Skinner wasn't pulled with 2 minutes on the clock and in complete control of the o-zone? Waited until 1:30 and by that point, the stars were gassed. McDavid could barely skate and had a bad turnover near the end because he was completely out of breath.
rookie coach.
he'll learn from this, so will the team.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
This is why the NHL needs to enforce a standard. If you can’t have reasonable ice then you either upgrade your building or all 7 games get played in the other building.

This isn’t an outdoor sport, the ice was a joke.
Or don’t put hockey teams in the deserts, humid swamp lands or any other place that makes chillers work triple time just to make a semblance of ice. And don’t schedule hockey a week from July. Teams were winning cups in mid-May and the end of May not long ago. June 24th is absurd.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Problem is the ones who deserve to be here are rentals and the ones making all the mistakes we signed to long term overpaid contracts...
Foegele can walk and Henrique can take his money. Janmark and Brown shouldn’t be too expensive. McLeod and Ceci shouldn’t be hard to move.
Campbell and Nurse are near unmovable though.

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
Only one forward showed up why are you singling out Draisaitl?
Because people love to shit on him. Although I can't say that he didn't bring it on himself. I better find out that every f***ing bone in his body was shattered or otherwise he can take a one way ticket the f*** out of town.

larek

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Yeah we’ll see

McDavid had a career low shooting percentage this year (12%) right after scoring 60+ the year before. Before he potted a couple in game 5 he was at ~8% in the playoffs

I would just assume if it is a normal injury it would heal by now given how long it has been since October. Gazolla is pretty plugged in
Hand injury?

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
puckpedia.com
NYR fan here, hopped on the bandwagon immediately after the Rangers lost and was not disappointed by the entertainment and passion Edmonton exudes. EDM ended up being everything I wish my Rangers were x10.

f*** Florida, their Floridian fanbase, their troll-like antics, the flops, the dirty theatrics, there will be hell to pay in the future I'm certain of it. That Florida team is a one & done. I really don't think they deserved this win tonight.
Godspeed Edmonton and props to Knoblauch, guy did everything right given the situation he was in. Moving from Hartford all the way to EDM and coaching one of the best lineups in the league is not easy.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Well at least the Skinner haters are happy so it all works out.
Imagine shitting on Skinner… he was amazing in the SCF and had a great play off overall. Anyone who blames skinner for anything just needs to be 100% discounted and their opinion thrown out.

I feel no shame and I’m proud of the team, they showed so much this year. it’s for the players to be sad, upset and angry. I eager to find out about injuries, as I’m confident McDavid play all season with an injury.

If Skinner can learn and build on this season and be better next season i have no doubt we’ll be right back in on it.

Lannes

🇮🇱🇮🇱🇮🇱
May 5, 2024
Campbell and Nurse are near unmovable though.

Oh you never know. Msybe we could put one of them on waivers and have a bottom-feeder inexplicably claim them, magically freeing us from the cap hit just when we need it.

Oh wait. We aren't the Rangers. I swear this league is f***ing corrupt.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
They fought hard to get this far, to push a game 7 in the Stanley Cup final, and I'm proud of the guys for that. I just wish there was a bit more fight in them tonight in game 7. But maybe that's all they had left in the tank.

Sheikyerbouti

ShakeyerMcBooty
Nov 4, 2006
Van isle
Sucks for the players. I don't see how us fans could complain about a thing

That was worth the price of admission and McDavid won't be stopped, he will win a cup here.

Credit to Florida, they adjusted, but some puck luck and things are different. The team delivered all season and we finally having a winning identity to fall back on in game one next year imo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad