Post-Game Talk: This is the end

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Was this season a success?

• Total voters

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Hold your heads high boyos. Oilers almost pulled off an absolutely magical comeback. I wasn't rooting for you guys but this comeback attempt was top stuff. McJesus with an absolute all time playoffs. Oilers will be back next year and no Western team will want to run into them.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
I don’t think bob was that good Florida just played like a more desperate team. The D man saved a goal in that one scramble. They were in shooting lanes and doing everything they could to not give us a clean look. We failed to match their intensity from puck drop.
Florida had a definite better first period than us but 2nd was a toss up and the Oilers were the better team in third by significant margin. Possibly due to score effect. We certainly manufactured as many grade A scoring chances as you're likely to get in a game 7. These are always going to be tight checking and the whole game played essentially like its OT. For sure at 1-1 it had that look. Said to the wife it looks like OT already half way through the game.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Not true, not this offseason. Next season will likely be their best shot at a Cup, outside of tonight obviously.
That is good to hear because many teams need 2 kicks at the Cup before they win.
I hope/pray McDavid gets his cup - and this team stays together.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Congratulations bet bet bet365 Bettman, you win again... you always win.

I feel so f***ing stupid for believing.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
You’re drunk. Skinner made tons of big saves. Cope in whatever weird way you need to, I guess.
I wish. I’m not saying he was terrible but he didn’t put on some heroic performance like you are insinuating. The 2nd goal was weak. Saying skinner stopped it from being 5-1 panthers just isn’t true.

1719288477669.jpeg

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Not true, not this offseason. Next season will likely be their best shot at a Cup, outside of tonight obviously.
Unfortunately unlikely. Nobody ever comes out of the West two years in a row. Just doesn't happen and difficult to do. Other teams have been resting for months and will have much longer offseasons and much more energy for next season.

NHL playoffs is such an attrition battle that nobody in WEst goes 4 rounds and then does it again immediately the next year.

My take is we Win the cup with better goaltending this season and we could have won it last year too.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
If you think we're disappointed, think of McDrai. It's possible they never get this close again, it's extremely difficult in a 32 team league, which is soon to get larger. It really may have been cup or bust.

If they really want to win one they should accept a decent cut to play together.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
The ice definately played a factor. Played a factor in game 5 too. Couldn’t get good edges in that slush.

Reactions: TB12

Balakay14

Sep 17, 2019
Tough, so tough, been waiting my entire life to see them win and still waiting...

This really, really stings. I thought I'd get to see something magical and instead just more heartbreak. So tough to get to the final and now have to wait again, and who knows when they make it back, team next year is certainly going to be different.

Didn't think the top-6 would no show in the biggest game of their lives but here we are, pain. This team has been shit for most of my life and the two cup finals I've been able to see are two game 7 losses...

Davo Ikinzom

Nov 28, 2013
Edmonton
If you think we're disappointed, think of McDrai. It's possible they never get this close again, it's extremely difficult in a 32 team league, which is soon to get larger. It really may have been cup or bust.

If they really want to win one they should accept a decent cut to play together.

At least they're rich. Most of us have to go to work tomorrow.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Yeah, when I saw McDavid fall because of that florida Slush they were playing on, I knew the ice would play a factor.

This is why home-ice is important.
Yeah, it looked like it was a chore just for the players to skate from one zone to the other let alone trying to do something with the puck.

Emotive

Oct 6, 2017
Hot take but no this season wasn't a success. Oilers were the favorites to win the cup before the season started. Starting the season as shitty as they did, making a coaching change and going on the run they did was something special. Mcdavid and co breaking NHL records was great. But coming up short in the only game that mattered most, it all really means nothing at the end of the day. There's no guarantee they even sniff the finals again next year and with so many guys being due for extensions soon plus the anchor that is the nurse contract. I don't know. Hopefully they find a way to win a cup cause the window is closing. We are closing in on a decade of the mcdavid era already.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad