Post-Game Talk: This is the end

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Was this season a success?

• Total voters

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Am I serious? I’m not the one blaming Skinner for getting beat once by 57 goal scorer. The Oilers lost by ONE goal,
meanwhile none of the big guns did anything. But it’s Skinner’s fault, right?
I said the game isn’t on skinner bozo. Read.

Saying Florida should have had 5/6 goals that game is beyond hilarious.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Foegele owns and would be an amazing middle6/bottom6 player for a Cup group. He did well for us when the going got tough. Nothing wrong with him as a player, we need more guys like him.

McLeod, Ceci, Nurse, RNH...utterly useless.
Foegele was awful for most of the playoffs and took brain dead penalties. I’d rather a guy who shows up more often than not, and that’s not Foegele.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Yeah. 2 goals by him that could have been stopped. you just don't get margin for any error in game 7 and the only reason this was a 7 game series was Skinner completely blowing game 3.

Team laid it all on the line and gave it everything they got. Oilers were the better club in the last 5 games of the series which is pretty impressive. Bobo was back to magic tonight. That happens.
I don’t think bob was that good Florida just played like a more desperate team. The D man saved a goal in that one scramble. They were in shooting lanes and doing everything they could to not give us a clean look. We failed to match their intensity from puck drop.

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
Yeah, when I saw McDavid fall because of that florida Slush they were playing on, I knew the ice would play a factor.

This is why home-ice is important.
This is why the NHL needs to enforce a standard. If you can’t have reasonable ice then you either upgrade your building or all 7 games get played in the other building.

This isn’t an outdoor sport, the ice was a joke.

larek

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
No surprise to anyone who has followed McDavid. I’ve been calling it all year, he can’t shoot the puck and it’s been like that the entire season. Pretty amazing what him and the team were able to accomplish given injuries to key players like him and Draisaitl. I imagine Drai picked up a litany of injuries this run.

Like another poster said the start to next year might be a little rough if a few of these guys need to go under the knife
I'd be surprised if any of the top guys will have to have surgery

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Ice was awful, favoured the Panthers.
Refs were awful favoured the Panthers.
How can they justify giving the Oilers one powerplay in that game? And players falling all over the ice, we needed home ice advantage in this series.
NHL should, but they won't begin the season on Oct 1 or earlier. The US teams want fewer weeks against the NFL/NCAA football in the fall. Which is stupid since the NFL is going to 18 games soon from the sounds of it, so the NFL season will run to the 3rd week of Feb.

It's a heat wave going on in the NE USA. Had NYR or BOS made it, not sure how the ice there would be either. We are a week from Canada Day for crying out loud.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I feel like that was McDavids one chance at a cup and him going pointless in Game 7 is going to haunt him his entire career. It’s extremely hard to even get here and our cap situation is only going to get worse.

That said, incredibly proud that this group made it to Game 7 of the finals with how the season started.

Sad that it was a bust after all.
Not true, not this offseason. Next season will likely be their best shot at a Cup, outside of tonight obviously.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Disagree, fumbling the puck all game behind our blueline, losing battles, cycling and passing to death on offense before a low chance shot. They didn’t get to the net on entry until 7 minutes left in the third.

Could call it butterflies, or run down physically after a brutal postseason, but we played right into Florida’s gameplan, like in games 2 and 3.
The ice was shitty though Russ. Tht factored in as well and was tough making plays and passes. Florida play on this ice all the time and so are used to a slurpee cup. They were shooting everything and not trying as much. Just get pucks on net. Oilers tried that too.

Reactions: TB12 and McDoused

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Not true, not this offseason. Next season will likely be their best shot at a Cup, outside of tonight obviously.
We have Campbell, Ceci and Nurse taking nearly 20 mill of the cap. Thats not a recipe for success and we got here in spite of that and pretty much the entire cap increase is already spent on dead cap.

This coming year is arguably our next chance cause when Bouchard and Draisaitl get resigned our cap is gone.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Edmonton
We knew he was injured- but didnt know he was surgery level injured.

It’s been all year, when it doesn’t get better over the course of months it’s gotta be a surgery thing

It’s a shame we had such a rough start and couldn’t take our foot off the gas pedal all year. If we had to shut him down for 8+ weeks we probably don’t even make the playoffs

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad