Rumor: Things Not Left Unsaid 3 - Flyers Rumors and Media Mentions: Never Ending Circles

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I lol’d at the blurb.

IMG_3999.jpeg

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
LMAO "sure doom" over tanner laczynski? really?

I'm going to need you to learn how to take context clues if we're going to get anywhere in this relationship.

What's more likely? I think the franchise should be folded because Tanner Laczysnki signed somewhere or it just feels like a great place for a guy that was never given a chance to succeed to turn it around and become an NHLer?

Guess they wrote him off as an AHL guy after 2022-2023.

As you were writing this, NAK signed yet another contract. :laugh:

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
Thank god that one lady got Briere to go to all those classes at MIT or whatever the f*** I had to hear before he replaced Cpt. Bowl Cut.
Chuck Fletcher and Danny Briere single-handedly destroying the value of Ivy League degrees.

Shortly after Briére met Valerie Camillo, now the president and CEO of Spectacor Sports and Entertainment, in 2018, the two had a conversation about his future in the business of hockey. Brière informed Camillo of his interest in strengthening his business intellect, and she encouraged him to enroll in a business program.

In 2021, Brière completed a two-year general management program at Penn’s prestigious Wharton School of Business. He took most of his classes online during the COVID-19 pandemic.

Hexxxy

Feb 25, 2017
idc about the Hathaway signing. Briere "after Carter Hart" should have been doing everything to get rid of any roster overhead to maximize the 25 draft. Anyone not on Michkov's timeline should be traded for assets. I get the opportunity to make the playoffs last year. It was cute. But after it didn't happen, mortgage the present for the future. Briere needs to get into the top 5 in 25. Get rid of everyone. Let all the kids play.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
I'm going to need you to learn how to take context clues if we're going to get anywhere in this relationship.

What's more likely? I think the franchise should be folded because Tanner Laczysnki signed somewhere or it just feels like a great place for a guy that was never given a chance to succeed to turn it around and become an NHLer?

As you were writing this, NAK signed yet another contract. :laugh:
Don’t think there’s much there beyond a depth, 4C or 13th forward role. This organization was horrible for his development and he hasn’t shown much besides that.

Keep in mind we have already drafted or signed our entire bottom 6 for the next 10 years so there wasn’t going to be much chance here anyway.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Actually today is good news. The Flyers are keeping up with their rivals. The club is going to be bad which is good news since the team and fans will turn on the coach leading to him being canned. Michkov is a nice addition and will draw some and to begin the year. By Christmas that will wear off. Empty seats and attendees wearing bags after the AS break.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Danny told everyone they weren't going to do much. I dont get the outrage. Some of these contracts are just dumb. Sure i think the Eric Johnson signing was dumb, but if they play him the Marc Staal route, it is what it is.

The Hathaway was not a surprise either.

Reactions: Hextallent63

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Danny told everyone they weren't going to do much. I dont get the outrage. Some of these contracts are just dumb. Sure i think the Eric Johnson signing was dumb, but if they play him the Marc Staal route, it is what it is.

The Hathaway was not a surprise either.

The issue people have is what the hell are they actually trying to accomplish here? They’re not willing to draft high yet they’re scared to trade any depth piece. How do you expect to get ahead here when you’re just straddling the line doing nothing?

If you’re not drafting high you better be loading up on lottery tickets but they can’t trade Scott Laughton, Nick Seeler, Garnet Hathaway, Rasmus Ristolainen, etc. They’re essentially building a team out from the bottom of the lineup & just hoping for things to correct themselves.

It’s all too similar to what the Flyers have been doing for a decade now they just keep changing out GM’s & I guess convincing some people this time might actually be different.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
The issue people have is what the hell are they actually trying to accomplish here? They’re not willing to draft high yet they’re scared to trade any depth piece. How do you expect to get ahead here when you’re just straddling the line doing nothing?

If you’re not drafting high you better be loading up on lottery tickets but they can’t trade Scott Laughton, Nick Seeler, Garnet Hathaway, Rasmus Ristolainen, etc. They’re essentially building a team out from the bottom of the lineup & just hoping for things to correct themselves.

It’s all too similar to what the Flyers have been doing for a decade now they just keep changing out GM’s & I guess convincing some people this time might actually be different.

I hear you on the trading of Laughton, Risto, etc...that's got to happen. Laughton is teflon, and Risto needs to play before they'll get anything of value back.

At some point we have to get something that is not a 4th line bottom pairing player.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad