Rumor: Things Not Left Unsaid 3 - Flyers Rumors and Media Mentions: Never Ending Circles

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
wtf is wrong with this team?
The management are idiots?

Hathaway extension is indefensible - idc what anyone says. Absolutely indefensible.

He should have been gone at the deadline - and that would have been a nice tenure from Hath - and a nice move from Danny.
Should have been gone. Torts’ pet is a useless player.

Reactions: FLYguy3911

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Why is Scott Laughton still a Flyer? That is the big question. I couldn't be more ready for the Laughton era to be over. Most overrated player in Flyers history by management. Dude was quietly horrendous last season despite being a supposed leader on the team.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Don’t think there’s much there beyond a depth, 4C or 13th forward role. This organization was horrible for his development and he hasn’t shown much besides that.

Keep in mind we have already drafted or signed our entire bottom 6 for the next 10 years so there wasn’t going to be much chance here anyway.

Yeah, I'm not thinking a shred above a depth role. It's just the exact franchise I think would do him well.

Danko

The Bearer of Bad Knees
Jul 28, 2004
Danny says they are talking to a couple teams about a few things, if something doesn't happen within a week or its likely this is gonna be what we have for a while...teams shut down for a month/five weeks after this week

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Why is Scott Laughton still a Flyer? That is the big question. I couldn't be more ready for the Laughton era to be over. Most overrated player in Flyers history by management. Dude was quietly horrendous last season despite being a supposed leader on the team.

"I was upfront with him," Brière said. "I told him that I wasn't shopping him, first of all. I wasn't gonna trade him for fair value because he's more than fair value to us. The intangibles that he brings in the locker room are something that has no price, and the other teams don't see that, but we do. I told him that. I said 'We're not gonna trade you if it's just a fair trade.' Someone would have to overstep and really knock it out of the ballpark for us to consider it.

"I did listen. I had a lot of teams interested in him, as you can imagine. There's not a lot of centermen. He's a good one, so it's a good thing for him. Teams around the NHL still value you, so I think that's exciting for him, but not good enough for us to let a player like that go who is critical to the development of our locker room and our young guys around him."

iceman42

May 7, 2003
Enfield, NH
Danny says they are talking to a couple teams about a few things, if something doesn't happen within a week or its likely this is gonna be what we have for a while...teams shut down for a month/five weeks after this week
I'm positive that nothing is going to happen unless its negative.
Laughton's cost is 2 1st + a young roster player so he ain't going anywhere.
Frost's cost paying Clarkes dry cleaning bill.
TK's cost is a 3rd rounder in 2027.
Farabee's cost is punching Jonesy in the mouth, okay maybe this isn't negative.

• Haha
Reactions: BernieParent

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
People complaining about them not making big moves today I think are really missing the picture here. I think they intend to have another shitty year, it makes too much sense not to.

Then as our cap situation and most likely roster spots open up (presumably from Risto and farabee trade)

Have the veterans in there whether we agree or disagree but I believe their intention is to have another shot at a high pick this year.

bleachdrinker

Sep 7, 2022
Philadelphia
Trying to be positive (as we all are) but feel like things are echoing Fletcher’s tenure. Had a solid first year followed by some head scratching moves and sitting on their hands.

I’m surprised the TK extension hasn’t happened yet.

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
People complaining about them not making big moves today I think are really missing the picture here. I think they intend to have another shitty year, it makes too much sense not to.

Then as our cap situation and most likely roster spots open up (presumably from Risto and farabee trade)

Have the veterans in there whether we agree or disagree but I believe their intention is to have another shot at a high pick this year.

I think they get that it's likely NJD bounces back, OTT, BUF, and MTL take steps forward as well....but why can't we tear this thing down a little more? Even just two more moves: TK and Laughton.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

He hasn’t been good for two years now going by his underlying numbers which isn’t surprising because he’s left his prime & he wasn’t particularly a higher lineup guy even at his peak. So he’s coming down off a standard of being an okay to good bottom six player.

The Flyers propped up his counting stats with favorable ice time/usage unbeknownst to them while basically losing head to head matchups while he’s been on the ice the last two years. The only thing he can really do well still at this point is create offense off the rush.

Rodu58

Nov 12, 2017
Last years time higher up in the standings was a mirage, even with Michkov this roster won't sniff the playoffs. Goalie tandem is suspect at best, but the way the team slid after Coots was scratched, I wonder if that will continue into the next season

Reactions: BernieParent

Danko

The Bearer of Bad Knees
Jul 28, 2004
Find it interesting that when Danny spoke he mentioned Ginning, Cam York, Jamie Drysdale and some othr young defensemen as benefitting from Marc Staal but doesnt mention Ronnie Attard

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
Find it interesting that when Danny spoke he mentioned Ginning, Cam York, Jamie Drysdale and some othr young defensemen as benefitting from Marc Staal but doesnt mention Ronnie Attard
Shows how dumb he is, attard has looked really good in every stint he's had for as at the nhl level, he has earned and deserves a shot, but this organization will clearly never give him his chance

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Last years time higher up in the standings was a mirage, even with Michkov this roster won't sniff the playoffs. Goalie tandem is suspect at best, but the way the team slid after Coots was scratched, I wonder if that will continue into the next season
This to me is the biggest non-Michkov change from last season. The Hart/Ersson tandem was a huge strength over the first half of the season. We'll see how Ersson reacts to being the #1 to start the season and hopefully Fedotov can ease into his role as an NHL backup, but this will almost certainly be a drop off from the beginning of last season's hot start.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Danny said his "scouts believe next year's draft is top heavy." he then also said "we hope to compete for a playoff spot."

We are absolutely f***ed. Lube up the pooper, guys, because its about to get worse
I caught that too. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad