Rumor: Things Not Left Unsaid 2, More Flyers Rumors & Media Mentions: Say It Like You Mean It

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
Essentially who is at fault if this year's pick does what Cutter did...does the kid get ripped again or do people start looking at the team not really doing their due diligence

What's that quote about history repeating itself and why have the Flyers not learned..still going for quick fix...sure you get u.into the top 5 you are gonna get a very good player..but is anyone in this year's draft considered elite let alone near generational

Edit: automerge still sucks
I'm as down on the Flyers' overall process as anyone, but this isn't really worth pondering unless it actually happens.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
The problem with the Flyers is they want to walk a tight rope between selling and competing. So, they’re not really prepared to take a step back (even if it does happen). It would be surprising to see them giving up valuable NHL pieces for a prospect 2 years away. That veers pretty close to fire sale *gasp*.

This will probably go like it does every single year: every team in the top 10-12 will make the pick they have today. But if the board falls so it’s Helenius, Yakemchuk, Sennecke as the consensus picks, and they choose one of them, I will build a time machine to give up whatever Columbus asks for Demidov.

FatTugboatFlahr

Apr 6, 2012
Philadelphia
The problem with the Flyers is they want to walk a tight rope between selling and competing. So, they’re not really prepared to take a step back (even if it does happen). It would be surprising to see them giving up valuable NHL pieces for a prospect 2 years away.

This will probably go like it does every single year: every team in the top 10-12 will make their own pick. But if the board falls so it’s Helenius, Yakemchuk, Sennecke as the consensus picks, and they choose one of them, I will build a time machine to give up whatever Columbus asks for Demidov.
What if that tweet meant 12, 32, 25 1st, player (Farabee?) and a + (small?)

Why not just move up a smidge for Catton? Or is this literally just because he's russian (and good)

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
With Hawks appearing to be out on Demidov from all the local reporting (I am not fan of Lev over Demidov) there is pretty good shot Ducks pass on Demidov as well

So If Flyers are after Demidov and Ducks have no interest in trading down Jackets are path

When did this happen? I thought they were all about him?

Both Laughton and Atkinson have negative value for me. But I hope Columbus sees Laughton as a valuable piece.

Laughton apparently has a 1st value.

What if that tweet meant 12, 32, 25 1st, player (Farabee?) and a + (small?)

Why not just move up a smidge for Catton? Or is this literally just because he's russian (and good)

Yea I mean that would be one of the largest packages ever traded by a Flyer team. It’s a shit ton. That’s insane to me.

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018

Laughton apparently has a 1st value.

Yea I mean that would be one of the largest packages ever traded by a Flyer team. It’s a shit ton. That’s insane to me.
I read the same thing as you. Hawks are definitely taking him at 2. I haven’t seen anything different.

Reactions: TheKingPin

Tarpongg

#fakerebuild
May 26, 2012
To Columbus : 12, Farabee, your 2nd returned, and Colorado 2025 1st. That’s as far as I’d go.

I think it’s 50/50 Catton drops to 12, a risk I’d take if they’d insist on more.

Trade up for Demidov, or Catton followed by Eiserman are great outcomes to me

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
Have a feeling we get an entertaining draft. Briere doesn’t seem gun shy about trading. I wouldn’t be shocked if one of Farabee, TK, or Laughton is gone come tomorrow. A TK-less Flyers team is picking top 10 next year. I’d be happy with a mid 1st and really good prospect or late 1st and high end prospect

Reactions: Tarpongg

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

They have been big on Lev for a month now and it seems while they also like Demidov that organization is going with the top pairing RD hope over elite W prospect. Guys like Power and others are hinting or saying outright they hear its going to be Lev

I don't agree with it especially since Hawks have a fairly limited cupboard of F prospects with our top F prospects being centers (Nazar, Moore, Greene)

On wing we have

RW Roman Kantserov (2023 2nd)
LW Nick Lardis (2023 3rd)
RW Gavin Hayes (2022 3rd)

Some solid prospects but clearly no Demidov caliber

They spent a lot of high draft capital on D in recent drafts

Kevin Korchinski (2022 1st)
Sam Rinzel (2022 1st)
Nolan Allan (2021 1st)
Taige Harding (2021 3rd)
Ethan Del Mastro (2021 4th)
Wyatt Kaiser (2020 3rd)
Alex Vlasic (2019 2nd)

And it's not like RD situation is terrible

Rinzel is nice prospect and EDM and Allan both lefties who can or do play RD

All the reports as of now make it sound like Lev is lock at #2

I hope its all a smokescreen. If not, I will be disappointed because I don't think Lev is 2nd best prospect in this draft and Hawks are reaching based on him being RD

Passing on Demidov at #2 just feels like a thing we will regret even if Levshunov becomes a pretty good top 4 RD. The chances of Demidov being a topflight star W are definitely higher likelihood and safer bet than Levshunov being top pairing RD

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I agree with Beef in that, Hage.
Is that 'e' silent? Because ...

pedro-monkey-puppet.gif

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
As much as I like the idea of getting more elite talent, next years’s first needs to be off the table.

The goaltending has serious potential to collapse, and who knows about Couturier’s health. How the team plays under another year of John.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
They have been big on Lev for a month now and it seems while they also like Demidov that organization is going with the top pairing RD hope over elite W prospect. Guys like Power and others are hinting or saying outright they hear its going to be Lev

I don't agree with it especially since Hawks have a fairly limited cupboard of F prospects with our top F prospects being centers (Nazar, Moore, Greene)

On wing we have

RW Roman Kantserov (2023 2nd)
LW Nick Lardis (2023 3rd)
RW Gavin Hayes (2022 3rd)

Some solid prospects but clearly no Demidov caliber

They spent a lot of high draft capital on D in recent drafts

Kevin Korchinski (2022 1st)
Sam Rinzel (2022 1st)
Nolan Allan (2021 1st)
Taige Harding (2021 3rd)
Ethan Del Mastro (2021 4th)
Wyatt Kaiser (2020 3rd)
Alex Vlasic (2019 2nd)

And it's not like RD situation is terrible

Rinzel is nice prospect and EDM and Allan both lefties who can or do play RD

All the reports as of now make it sound like Lev is lock at #2

I hope its all a smokescreen. If not, I will be disappointed because I don't think Lev is 2nd best prospect in this draft and Hawks are reaching based on him being RD

Passing on Demidov at #2 just feels like a thing we will regret even if Levshunov becomes a pretty good top 4 RD. The chances of Demidov being a topflight star W are definitely higher likelihood and safer bet than Levshunov being top pairing RD

I had read previously they wanted Demidov. If it’s know that he will drop to 4 then that changes 4s value now. That’s big mistake to draft for need with a top pick

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
To Columbus : 12, Farabee, your 2nd returned, and Colorado 2025 1st. That’s as far as I’d go.

I think it’s 50/50 Catton drops to 12, a risk I’d take if they’d insist on more.

Trade up for Demidov, or Catton followed by Eiserman are great outcomes to me
To me, that is an insane give. Also, not sure you can trade Colorado's pick.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
You guys don't think it's Lindstrom the Flyers want?

I mean he is a big C and with Flyers history of loving that type of player and Flyers braintrust being made up of well Flyers way types

His back would scare the shit out of me if I was a team no matter what reassurances I hear. I remember watching Daze's career derailed and ultimately end because of back issues

WolfOfBroadStreet14

Aug 15, 2020
I think if Flyers move up it’s because they are in love with one of the dmen. Jones is on record saying to get a 1D you usually have to draft them and that is the most important piece to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad