Therrien - New Season Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniels45

May 8, 2013
I agree with your post and im so surprised because you're one the few people here that have that kind of thinking.

You're basically saying that there is a possibility that there's a game plan and sometimes the players on the ice are not executing well.

You're saying that there is a possibility that this team is not as talented offensively as some Habs fans thinks and that's the reason why we don't score many goals.

Exactly...too many people here think that the coach is the be all end all of hockey. I on the other hand think that you can have the best coach in the world with the team that we have and still not win the SC. That's how competitive this league is. Its a bit more than black and white. There are many shades of grey in between.

I've never said that MT is perfect. Far from it, but hes definitely not as bad as some here portray him to be. I think he is good enough to aspire for a SC with a good enough team. Are the CH that team this year....I dont think so...but you never know...miracles can happen like they did in 86 and 93.

Mr Jackpot

Mar 16, 2013
Montreal
Why are you only looking at one metric?

over a couple of games you can't look at only one metric, true.

When you look at the long run, over a couple of years, the best metric is the standings. It's not the only metric, but it's by far the best.

Daniels45

May 8, 2013

When you look at the long run, over a couple of years, the best metric is the standings. It's not the only metric, but it's by far the best.

Yep. After all its the standings that bring you to the finals. What you do thereafter is you flip a coin.:laugh:

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
I know all that already, it's always always always on the coach.

The players are perfect, they do nothing wrong.

I know all that, you have no idea how many times I read that on here, you're not the first.

After 3 years, executing the system should be a 2nd nature, like ****ing breathing... Its not, stop blaming the players. IT DOESN'T TAKE 3 YEARS TO ESTABLISH STRUCTURE.

ok so it's not at the level it should be

You're saying because of our coach, we are not at the level we should be.

So if we had a better coach, these 4 things would've happened:

-in 12-13 we would have finished 1st in the east

-in 13-14 we would have finished with 110+ pts

-in 14-15 we would have finished 1st in the league by a very large margin

-over the last 3 years, we would have made more playoffs rounds than only 6.

Still stuck on da record I see...
But to put it in words a 5 years old could understand...
If the quality of our play was GOOD, we would rely less on stellar goaltending to win.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Exactly...too many people here think that the coach is the be all end all of hockey. I on the other hand think that you can have the best coach in the world with the team that we have and still not win the SC. That's how competitive this league is. Its a bit more than black and white. There are many shades of grey in between.

I've never said that MT is perfect. Far from it, but hes definitely not as bad as some here portray him to be. I think he is good enough to aspire for a SC with a good enough team. Are the CH that team this year....I dont think so...but you never know...miracles can happen like they did in 86 and 93.
Literally not a single poster here thinks that.

The habs aspiring for a SC would not be a miracle. Heck, some analysts even expect it. Last year with a weaker roster, some even chose us to go all the way.

You're analyzing the coach's job, not summing it down to one metric.
If you want to know if a player is good, are you just going to look at his points?

It is a very shallow and narrow analysis.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006

the coach is responsible for how the team plays. He is the one providing the structure on his team. But yeah! keep the excuses coming.

Crosby/Malkin was not good enough for MT... so what is good enough then ?

Mr Jackpot

Mar 16, 2013
Montreal
What you do thereafter is you flip a coin.:laugh:

And we saw that against Tampa in the 2nd round, we dominated 5 on 5 but we still lost in 6. If we had 82 games playing the same way, it would be a whole different story.

I don't think we would have hit 12 posts in 6 games and continue on the same pace over 82 games. I don't think the Habs would've been 4% on the powerplay over 82 games.

That's why the standings over a large sample is by far the best metric.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
What's the point of looking at your other metrics if figuring well in those don't actually result in more wins ? Comfort fans in their ridiculous insecurities ?

you're right, better use THE one that fits your unbiased argument! :laugh:

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
One game in and some have conceded the playoffs already?:help:

Why dont we wait to see how the changes to the Habs roster plays out before we throw in the towel on this season?

Therrien did not lose in the playoffs. Our defense did not play up to potential.

Anyway, Go Habs Go.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
One game in and some have conceded the playoffs already?:help:

Why dont we wait to see how the changes to the Habs roster plays out before we throw in the towel on this season?

Therrien did not lose in the playoffs. Our defense did not play up to potential.

Anyway, Go Habs Go.

like who ? ? ?

huh... he won ? ? ?

Mr Jackpot

Mar 16, 2013
Montreal
If the quality of our play was GOOD, we would rely less on stellar goaltending to win.

first of all you say "If our play was good" this is again seeing everything black and white.

Second, if our play was better, Price would be equally good as he is, the play in front of him has absolutely no change in his talent, his height, his focus, his experience...

The only thing that would change if our play was better, is that we would less rely on Price, that's the only thing that would change. Price's talent doesn't change one bit.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004

Only using the one that actually matters in the end...

besides all metrics that don't support my point of view are shot based metrics anyway... so it's basically one stat versus another one served with a million different sauces...

TheBlindFan

Sep 7, 2008

It is unbiased. Only more goals make then the other make a win. Only more victory make us to the playoffs. And again only more goal make a win.... Corsi win against Tampa bay did make us win.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Only using the one that actually matters in the end...

besides all metrics that don't support my point of view are shot based metrics anyway... so it's basically one stat versus another one served with a million different sauces...

yeah true, what matters now in Habsland is the regular season. fun to watch hockey ? doesnt matter... going all the way in the P.O. (cup) ? irrelevant...

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
first of all you say "If our play was good" this is again seeing everything black and white.

Second, if our play was better, Price would be equally good as he is, the play in front of him has absolutely no change in his talent, his height, his focus, his experience...

The only thing that would change if our play was better, is that we would less rely on Price, that's the only thing that would change. Price's talent doesn't change one bit.

da **** are you even talking about?! :shakehead

Who said anything about changing Price talent? Price's talent should put us over the top, not carry us.

It's pretty obvious that this team could do some serious damage if it was playing well in front of Price...

Nynja*

And we saw that against Tampa in the 2nd round, we dominated 5 on 5 but we still lost in 6. If we had 82 games playing the same way, it would be a whole different story.

I don't think we would have hit 12 posts in 6 games and continue on the same pace over 82 games. I don't think the Habs would've been 4% on the powerplay over 82 games.

You keep repeating this
Its wrong
Stop
Pls stop

TheBlindFan

Sep 7, 2008
yeah true, what matters now in Habsland is the regular season. fun to watch hockey ? doesnt matter... going all the way in the P.O. (cup) ? irrelevant...

You don't get it. Same thing apply in the po.... More goal make a win...

Mr Jackpot

Mar 16, 2013
Montreal
You're analyzing the coach's job, not summing it down to one metric.
If you want to know if a player is good, are you just going to look at his points?

You're seeing everything black and white, I never said the only metric, I said the best.

Just like the total points for a top 6 forward, it's not the only metric, but over 100+ games, the total points is the best metric to know if he's good offensively.

Mr Jackpot

Mar 16, 2013
Montreal
da **** are you even talking about?! :shakehead

Who said anything about changing Price talent? Price's talent should put us over the top, not carry us.

It's pretty obvious that this team could do some serious damage if it was playing well in front of Price...

You're not even following the discussion, it's so funny.

It all started with the "if we had a better coach, we would have more points in the standings" and you didn't agree with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad