Denver Post: The Varlamov Investigation: Part II *Read the MOD WARNING in post #1*

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Considering how difficult it is for her to talk about it because she relives it every time, she sure talks about it a lot.

YouCantYandleThis*

I gotta be honest guys, reading the few articles I have, it doesn't look good for the guy. If he gets ANY kind of charge he's not gonna be able to travel between Canada and the US, plus women are not gonna be very happy when they see this story, and I'm sure that's something Colorado ownership/management are going to have to take into consideration.

As for the story? It could be slightly sensationalized but again, it doesn't look good for Semyon. He's not being sued for a bunch of money, he's being charged with assault. Plus the alleged history of domestic violence doesn't help anything.

I just don't see the fishiness in the story. Sounds like something we hear/see every day on the news, it just happens to be a somewhat famous athlete this time.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Comment on another website that I found funny. Maybe I'm just a terrible person.

Get Shanny to decide. If he was a Bruin, Blackhawk or King he would say it was a hockey play, clean hit, no intent to injure, no history as a repeat offender so it's a $1400 fine and no suspension.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Considering how difficult it is for her to talk about it because she relives it every time, she sure talks about it a lot.

One would also think that if you and your mother have been getting death threats out of Russia, and your mother still lives there, maybe you would hold off on plastering your image on a Russian TV station when it does nothing to help the case in the US.

I mean after all getting back at someone who threw you out of the house, and cut off your bank account, surely wouldn't be more important than seeking justice in the country he's accused in, and making sure your mother is safe back home.

That is if you were actually afraid of said death threats, and if they actually happened.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Why are Denver Post writers that have no idea what hockey is and write about the Broncos, starting to write about the Avs? I don't see Dater writing about that potsmoker Broncos player (forgot his name) who was suspended 6 games or something like that.

Parker is not a Broncos writer. He writes for the news/criminal section or some such. Dater covered one Rockies game this year and started posting stories about how awful the clubhouse was and how it was just like the Avs room.

The team was off Tuesday.

I'm glad the team is standing behind Varly. Until he's convicted of something I'm just not listening to these crazy stories. Sad the media is feeding into it but what can you expect anyway.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I gotta be honest guys, reading the few articles I have, it doesn't look good for the guy. If he gets ANY kind of charge he's not gonna be able to travel between Canada and the US, plus women are not gonna be very happy when they see this story, and I'm sure that's something Colorado ownership/management are going to have to take into consideration.

As for the story? It could be slightly sensationalized but again, it doesn't look good for Semyon. He's not being sued for a bunch of money, he's being charged with assault. Plus the alleged history of domestic violence doesn't help anything.

I just don't see the fishiness in the story. Sounds like something we hear/see every day on the news, it just happens to be a somewhat famous athlete this time.

He's actually not been charged with anything, the police are investigating whether or not to bring charges against him...you must've missed that.

If anything, with all of the new information that's come out since yesterday, I'd say there are a number of people who are leaning towards the notion that the woman is either lying or greatly exaggerating things in some sort of "revenge tactic" against Varlamov.

The best course of action is to try and remain open-minded and let the facts present themselves

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011

Thank you for your verdict your honour.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

Yea we usually hear stories about how someone beat someone numerous times, dragged them across the room by the hair, beat them with a bicycle, tried to drown them, and then later on decided to politely pack their bags for them, set them by the door, cut off their spending account, and end the relationship.

Those last few things don't usually go along with the psychotic woman beater story.

Khokhlach86

Jul 8, 2012
Moscow
Yevgeniya Vavrinyuk: "He just threw my things, put out the door! - Outraged model. - He blocked my card. Now I have nowhere to go, I do not have money to buy a ticket to Russia. Now I live with my lawyer and his wife".

lifenews.ru

zxcvnm

Jun 19, 2013
Remember SammyJankis
No practice Tuesday.

I imagine Monday was a day off too?

I'm getting a little confused by the alleged timeline, partially because the arrest warrant doesn't have rough time of day on it and what I've read elsewhere doesn't seem to conform to it.

Sunday night: Avs game. After the game, Varlamov goes out drinking and comes back on Monday and assaults her. I don't see anywhere where she alleged that he had been drunk for 12 hours, but perhaps that was in the interview? Anyways, do we have any idea what time (or time of day) he came home? The arrest warrant states that Vavrinyuk had a friend (Diana Senova?) over to do her makeup, which I imagine was in the morning and obviously before Varlamov returned and assaulted her. However, Vavrinyuk contacted this friend on Tuesday (how long after the incident/any indication about what she did between getting kicked out of the apartment and contacting her friend?) but didn't go to the police until Wednesday.

If someone could clarify this a bit for me, I'd appreciate it.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I was talking to someone about this and they brought up a good point. How long was she gone for Varly to have the time to pack her bags and call the bank to cut off her card. Things like this are going to be brought up why didn't she call the cops right away, where did she go, how long it really took.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Yevgeniya Vavrinyuk: "He just threw my things, put out the door! - Outraged model. - He blocked my card. Now I have nowhere to go, I do not have money to buy a ticket to Russia. Now I live with my lawyer and his wife".

lifenews.ru

To clarify, she also said she returned home to find a suitcase packed for her at the locked door.

Mant*

If anything, with all of the new information that's come out since yesterday, I'd say there are a number of people who are leaning towards the notion that the woman is either lying or greatly exaggerating things in some sort of "revenge tactic" against Varlamov.

I'm leaning towards the slime ball lawyer being the driving force behind all this, looking for the big pay day.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I'm leaning towards the slime ball lawyer being the driving force behind all this, looking for the big pay day.

Isn't he a real estate attorney or something? Doesn't even work on criminal cases. If that was him in that video of the press conference he sounded slimy as hell. Like he's used to chasing ambulances. Seemed really happy and excited too. The posing and smiling at the end was really strange.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

lifenews.ru

If I broke up with my girlfriend and I paid for her credit card I would block it too. It isn't Varlys fault that this girl has no job and no money.

That quote you just made made it pretty clear to me that's she's doing all of this because he left her and she has absolutely nothing and nowhere to go.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
I imagine Monday was a day off too?

I'm getting a little confused by the alleged timeline, partially because the arrest warrant doesn't have rough time of day on it and what I've read elsewhere doesn't seem to conform to it.

Sunday night: Avs game. After the game, Varlamov goes out drinking and comes back on Monday and assaults her. I don't see anywhere where she alleged that he had been drunk for 12 hours, but perhaps that was in the interview? Anyways, do we have any idea what time (or time of day) he came home? The arrest warrant states that Vavrinyuk had a friend (Diana Senova?) over to do her makeup, which I imagine was in the morning and obviously before Varlamov returned and assaulted her. However, Vavrinyuk contacted this friend on Tuesday (how long after the incident/any indication about what she did between getting kicked out of the apartment and contacting her friend?) but didn't go to the police until Wednesday.

If someone could clarify this a bit for me, I'd appreciate it.

We have been asking for clarification since the story leaked.

There is no clarification yet. Just a bunch of wild, inconsistent stories from the alleged victim.

Boris RS

1. Avs / 2. Bruins
Mar 18, 2010
Corruption heaven
twitter.com
If you go to lifenews.ru, she is all over the site:
Евгения Вавринюк: "У меня нет денег, даже чтобы купить билет в Россию"

But, there is more - Varlamov father's interview:

Отец хоккеиста Варламова заявил, что Вавринюк подставила его сына
Google Translate with my fix.
Father hockey Varlamov said Vavrinyuk held up his son
http://lifenews.ru/#!news/122079
The fact that his son is accused of assault and battery, Alexander Varlamov learned early on Thursday. Semyon call woke him at 4:00.

- Of course, he did not say anything in detail. I was asleep, he did not want to go into details, because he had to go to the police - says Alexander.

Varlamov Sr. believes that the investigation - pure setup. And it's not Semyon, and that the athletes are constantly hovering around the girl with a dubious reputation.

- Hockey - busy people to get to know a decent girl. They can not always decide with whom they give birth to the relationship - says Alexander - They give it harder than other people, because this constant load: exercise, games - once raise their heads. From this and flow problems. I have in mind not only Semyon, and all the hockey fraternity.

- He has game Nov. 1st with the Dallas in the NHL. He composed at the moment - says the father of a hockey player. - The team supported him. The management and the coach said they to him they are together, they are - a family.
His father confirmed what we already know - organization is behind him, and that's good.

And here is what others said about Semyon:
Deputy Chairman of the Hockey Federation Samara region, Alexander Kulagin knows Varlamov from childhood.

- I can not believe that Semyon could have done what he is accused of - told Life News chairman of the Hockey Federation Samara region, Alexander Kulagin. - The victim claims that Varlamov is familiar with at least four years, but there is only a year.

And her lawyer:
- In this case, there is no interest of the American authorities to deprive him (Varlamov) to participate in the Olympic Games - said attorney Eugene Vavrinyuk Robert Adams. - This incident (beating girls) had a place to be. And it is from this point of view, I am ready to work. There is no conspiracy to throw Semyon of the Olympic Games. In fact, we have witnesses. She was in the hospital, all the beatings were recorded. Police conducted a full investigation. And they made the decision to press charges.

According to Robert Adams, Varlamov beat Evgeny five times. In the latter case, the beatings documented. Eugene spent in hospital for five hours, which had passed a medical examination.

- This is a very personal question. When the police report was, the girl was fully clothed. The only visible bruises were on hand. As soon as it stopped questioning, she went to the doctors to witness a beating. That's when all the bruises, contusions, hematomas were documented. Given the enormous number of bruises on her body, doctors had to conduct X-ray screening .

Varlamov lawyer:
Varlamov lawyer, in turn, said that his client is not charged with any crime.

- He was released on bail, and he is allowed to leave the territory of the State of Colorado. However, the authorities have 72 hours to bring a criminal case on Varlamov.
I'll repost this in main forum, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad