Denver Post: The Varlamov Investigation: Part II *Read the MOD WARNING in post #1*

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
IDK didn't seem all that different to me. Didn't really change my opinion of her or sway my opinion in one way or the other.

Coloradorov

Oct 7, 2009
Denver
Strange that she says she isn't doing this to get any money from him and that she doesn't need his money...while she is staying with her lawyer and her translator/friend/lawyers fiancee.

Will she immediately be discredited once a civil suit is brought forth?

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
IMO, reading that, it doesn't seem as outlandish as it initially did to me. I certainly hope this isn't true.

The stuff in Russia, and elsewhere seems exaggerated.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Strange that she says she isn't doing this to get any money from him and that she doesn't need his money...while she is staying with her lawyer and her translator/friend/lawyers fiancee.

Will she immediately be discredited once a civil suit is brought forth?

I'd say so. If she isn't out for money she's out to destroy his life personally. If he did all this it's terrible and he deserves to be punished.

But I can't stand how she's handling it. Win the case then let us know, no only will we believe you, but you'll be backed up. Instead she's pissing into the wind hoping nothing flys back!

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Vavrinyuk: Well ... He thinks he can get away with anything. He tells me these things openly. He says to me: "So, who are you? What have you achieved in your life? I'm the star and the NHL player. And you haven't done anything in your life. I'm a celebrity. You don't have anything, but I'm a millionaire, who can easily spend $2 million a day. And I will do what I want to do." I just don't want him to get away with it.

:laugh: what is this nonsense? He most certainly could not easily spend 2M a day

mattand1mixtape

Apr 2, 2013
Harvey Steinberg, lawyer of many pro athletes/ celebs, was just on 104.3 the fan with Al and Dmac talking about the situation. He said varly is subject to deportation if he is found, or pleas guilty. Harvey said he could be deported for a couple years if found guilty as well. However, Harvey said it wouldn't be till the end of the season. I can't provide direct link cause I'm on my iPhone, but it's on 1043thefan.com, hour 1 on the drive with Al and Dmac for those who want to listen. Interesting stuff.

kitsel

Mar 31, 2012
:laugh: what is this nonsense? He most certainly could not easily spend 2M a day

His 2012 salary was 2.5 million, spending 2 million in a day would be a financially catastrophic decision. Varlamov is certainly wealthy but it's not like he's like Albert Pujols, taking in 20+ mill in salary per year + who knows how many millions more in sponsorships and deals.

You're right, put into perspective it sounds like nonsense. Since he joined the NHL he's made under about 12-13 million dollars, spending 1/6th of your wealth in a day is not prudent lol.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Would be interesting in hearing if Varly was drinking at the teams Halloween party. If he doesn't drink, and wasn't drinking, this would obviously help his case. Having a picture of him dressed up as Duffman, with a belt full of beer, probably doesn't help.

Zih

Dater's Gonna Hate
Dec 19, 2008
Colorado
I want everyone, all of the fans who love him and who chant "Varly, Varly" all the time to know that he's a violent man, that he acts like this with his beloved girlfriend.

I want everyone, all of the people who are condemning Varly already, to realize that there's a legal system and process to handle accusations like this. We have heard exactly one side of the story on this. None of us knows Varly or his girlfriend in real life. None of us knows what happened between them. None of us knows whether Varly is a "violent man." At this point, Varlamov hasn't even been charged with a crime.

My view of Varly will not change unless he admits guilt or is found guilty of a crime. I for one still believe in innocent until proven guilty.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Would be interesting in hearing if Varly was drinking at the teams Halloween party. If he doesn't drink, and wasn't drinking, this would obviously help his case. Having a picture of him dressed up as Duffman, with a belt full of beer, probably doesn't help.

I would assume whoever was at the party (whether it be Avs players or not) will be questioned on Varly's actions and behaviour at the party. If witnesses claim he wasn't drinking that will put an end to the case.

The fact the the Avs are all behind him makes me feel like maybe they did witness something that night and that's why they have no fear in defending him. It seems like they all know something.

Avs For Life

#92 #9 #29
Jul 4, 2012
Denver, CO
Harvey Steinberg, lawyer of many pro athletes/ celebs, was just on 104.3 the fan with Al and Dmac talking about the situation. He said varly is subject to deportation if he is found, or pleas guilty. Harvey said he could be deported for a couple years if found guilty as well. However, Harvey said it wouldn't be till the end of the season. I can't provide direct link cause I'm on my iPhone, but it's on 1043thefan.com, hour 1 on the drive with Al and Dmac for those who want to listen. Interesting stuff.

Actually should be hour 2. They start at 3 iirc and it was on between 4-5 MST

MvpKinnon

Jul 23, 2011
Helsinki, Finland
What's up with this?

Interpreter: Do you have any marks on your body where he beat you?

Vavrinyuk: Yes.

Vavrinyuk: No, I don't think so.

Interpreter: Can you just point where the marks are?

Vavrinyuk: Here... here...

Interpreter: Don't forget the one on the leg.

Vavrinyuk: Here's a big haematoma. And on the leg as well. On my back.

Interepreter: The head.

Vavrinyuk: Yeah, I have a huge bump on the back of my head.

Read more: Translation of media interview given by Semyon Varlamov's girlfriend - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...irlfriend-interview-translation#ixzz2jREHb7Ij
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
Follow us: @Denverpost on Twitter | Denverpost on Facebook

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Thanks for the heads up. Interesting stuff.

Link: http://www.1043thefan.com/channels/thedrive/Story.aspx?ID=2071509

There's also the guests at his house. Them along with the people at the party should be able to give some details on whether he was drinking and if so, how drunk he was.

SB

Mar 9, 2004
Colorado
.... Them along with the people at the party should be able to give some details on whether he was drinking and if so, how drunk he was.

I feel dumb for not knowing this, but was this a team party, everyone was there, and do they do much drinking at such functions during the season? I mean, I know some players drink and others don't, during the season, for performance reasons, and I can imagine a beer here and there at a party or dinner, but I can't see a big blowout right in the middle of the season? But I don't know.

raistlin76

Sep 18, 2004
Cracow
www.nhl.com.pl
What's up with this?
If I'm remember from original interview it was lawyer who said he don't think so she should show her bruises.

She said that her motivation wasn't money, but she also stated, she decide to tell about beating after he kicked her out from the house. So isn't it about money? Looks like she accepts what was fifth beating as she said if he didn't kicked her out from the house and she still can use his flat and credit card.

Also it's really clear right now that interpreter few times told her what to tell (Maledives, bruise on the head) like she may forget about it. I'm curious if Police and court study such interviews during trial to find any incoherences in testifies.

Avs For Life

#92 #9 #29
Jul 4, 2012
Denver, CO
If I'm remember from original interview it was lawyer who said he don't think so she should show her bruises.

She said that her motivation wasn't money, but she also stated, she decide to tell about beating after he kicked her out from the house. So isn't it about money? Looks like she accepts what was fifth beating as she said if he didn't kicked her out from the house and she still can use his flat and credit card.

Also it's really clear right now that interpreter few times told her what to tell (Maledives, bruise on the head) like she may forget about it. I'm curious if Police and court study such interviews during trial to find any incoherences in testifies.

You can bet Varly's defense will. I feel like there is still so much missing from the story.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
This is the weirdest part for me.

Same.

Gets beat, spartakicked, curb stomped, slapped, dragged, and taunted.

"hmm, I think i'll go run errands and shopping!"

Finds bags packed and accounts blocked.

"i'm going to call the police and tell everyone how bad you are so they don't chant, Varly, Varly...."

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
What's up with this?

That's exactly what I found a little suspicious. Reading the full transcript there seems like the Interpreter is coaching/telling her what to say...of course there are going to be suspicions when the interpreter is the fiancé of the lawyer representing the woman.

And I don't know how someone can drink from 2pm to 6am and not suffer some sort of alcohol poisoning, or the worst hangover of their lives the following morning. Surely that much alcohol being consumed, as she tells it, would still be in someone's blood stream, why not take a sample?

It still seems very strange to me.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO

Where else was she supposed to go? Your house? She lived with him. She was new to the US. He shut off her credit cards. She didn't have a job here. She probably had no knowledge of where a battered woman's shelter is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad