Denver Post: The Varlamov Investigation: Part II *Read the MOD WARNING in post #1*

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mant*

Isn't he a real estate attorney or something? Doesn't even work on criminal cases. If that was him in that video of the press conference he sounded slimy as hell. Like he's used to chasing ambulances. Seemed really happy and excited too. The posing and smiling at the end was really strange.

That's what people have said, I don't know anything about him. He definitely came of as a snake in that video... doubly so for leaking the story to a dick and fart joke morning show DJ as his first move. To me that says he's trying to get publicity for himself, and get public opinion on his side, taint the jury pool in his favor, and all before the police have even charged Varlamov, and before they even spoke to the girl apparently. The whole thing stinks of a set up.

Avs For Life

#92 #9 #29
Jul 4, 2012
Denver, CO
So Foppa posted this to the main board and there are a couple things that I hadn't heard yet...

Let me add a few things for non Av fans that might not be aware of, that cause a bit of a shroud of doubt on the story as told.

She's given at least two video interviews/press conferences.

She's being represented by a real estate lawyer, and using his wife as her translator.

She's staying at their house.

In the press conference with the Denver Post, according to many russian speaking individuals, the translator was "coaching her" and told her where her injuries were, after she was asked.

She was asked by a Post reporter what she was willing to tell them, and that it sounded like he kicked her out. The lawyer interrupted the translation and said, "do you want to know more about the beating?"

She says he has no concept of when to stop drinking, and turns into an animal when he does. Also that he drank from 2pm to 6am during the Halloween party.

Past teammates have come out and said he doesn't drink during the season, and doesn't have a drinking problem.

She claims Varlamov beat her with a bicycle and tried to drown her in the past.

She says she came home to find that this same psychotic woman beater packed her suitcase for her, put it by the locked door, and cut off her spending account.

She says her and her mother received death threats, and she can't go home to Russia.

Her mother lives in Russia still.

She just gave an interview with a TV station in Russia despite possible repercussions for her mother.

She says she can't afford to go home to russia.

She broke her modeling contract in Hong Kong to come here to be with Varly.

Where did this come out? English is my only spoken language so there is no way for me to know. I remember seeing something on twitter from that Parker guy saying they had another translator that was going to look over the interview...I hadn't heard anything else.

Boris RS

1. Avs / 2. Bruins
Mar 18, 2010
Corruption heaven
twitter.com
S.itstorm is breeding in Russia.

http://lifenews.ru/#!news/122085
Member of the OP (?) demand that Varlamov girlfriend to be polygraph checked

Member of the Public Chamber of Russia and chairman of the trade union sphere of non-state security Dmitry Galochkin intends to initiate a review of truthfulness words Vavrinyuk Eugenia, who accused the Russian hockey player Semyon Varlamov in the beating. For this, he is even going to give a polygraph.

- In this conflict, it is necessary to understand Russia, because both young men are citizens of our country, - says Dmitry Galochkin. - In order to find out whether the words are true Eugenia Vavrinyuk, apply a lie detector. We in the union 200 professional polygraph - the whole association. As anyone who wants ? finger, and he undertakes an independent examination. Easily find out who is telling the truth and who is cheating.

zxcvnm

Jun 19, 2013
Remember SammyJankis
I've been asking about the timeline simply because reading these forums has muddied the waters. I can read the arrest warrant and the news articles, but there is so much more that I've read here that I can no longer figure out what the alleged timeline actually is.

Nevertheless, based on what I see, a lot of this case will simply come down to the bruising on her body. If it's there and consistent with her story, then she becomes immediately believable. If it's not, there's no way Varly gets convicted.

There are good reasons why, if bruising is present, it hasn't been released to the media. The fact that nothing has is not an indicator of anything.

The innocent until proven guilty is a red herring on these forums. We're not judge nor jury. We're the court of public opinion and there's no such principle. Whether or not you support Varly or are reserving judgement has nothing to do with innocent until proven guilty. Aaron Hernandez hasn't been proven guilty, but he's one guilty motherlover. It's much more simple. In these cases, I initially believe the party with the most to lose until sufficient evidence has been presented to prove otherwise. Right now, that evidence does not exist. If the bruising is legitimate, however, I'll change my opinion.

kitsel

Mar 31, 2012
So Foppa posted this to the main board and there are a couple things that I hadn't heard yet...

Where did this come out? English is my only spoken language so there is no way for me to know. I remember seeing something on twitter from that Parker guy saying they had another translator that was going to look over the interview...I hadn't heard anything else.

She also stated in the interview that she only decided to go to the police after she came home to find her bags packed at the door, and that she had been thrown out like a dog. The translator just flat out ignored that part and never translated it.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Anyone have a link to the part where past teammates defend Varly? I must have missed it, and I can't find it anywhere.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
That's what people have said, I don't know anything about him. He definitely came of as a snake in that video... doubly so for leaking the story to a dick and fart joke morning show DJ as his first move. To me that says he's trying to get publicity for himself, and get public opinion on his side, taint the jury pool in his favor, and all before the police have even charged Varlamov, and before they even spoke to the girl apparently. The whole thing stinks of a set up.

Didn't know that about the leak to a morning show is that true?

He just seemed so oddly excited during that whole video, and truthfully sounded like a terrible lawyer.

Another thing that sounded fishy was at the very end you can hear him ask someone "is that a still camera? Oh video?" Almost like it was a DSLR and he thought they were was just taking photos. Like their shoddy little operation didn't think they might video tape it and be within their rights to post it.

It sounded like they were wrapping up the interview anyway, but within seconds you can see him walk to the door and go, "ok guys thanks very much."

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
Didn't know that about the leak to a morning show is that true?

He just seemed so oddly excited during that whole video, and truthfully sounded like a terrible lawyer.

Another thing that sounded fishy was at the very end you can hear him ask someone "is that a still camera? Oh video?" Almost like it was a DSLR and he thought they were was just taking photos. Like their shoddy little operation didn't think they might video tape it and be within their rights to post it.

It sounded like they were wrapping up the interview anyway, but within seconds you can see him walk to the door and go, "ok guys thanks very much."

https://twitter.com/1RickLewis

That's the DJ's twitter page. You'll have to scroll down to the 30th, but he makes a few tweets about it.

He says he knows the victims lawyer personally.

He also says something along the lines of "I told him [the lawyer I'm assuming] that I would let him break the story"

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Hmmm seems like her life got effed up, Varly kicked her out and wanted to move on (kicking her out and possibly packing her suitcase or whatever are probably the only true parts of her accusations), she got desperate for $, and is doing this as a result.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

I read someone else mention the "coaching her" aspect but I can't find it now. You can see it at least once in the interview though, without having to speak Russian. She's asked where her brusies are after they say they don't want to show them. She mentions a couple on her arms, then hesitates, and then the translator starts telling her things and pointing to areas on her body, and then she starts talking again and pointing to the same areas.

You can also see the second part you bolded about the lawyer interrupting when asked about her being kicked out in the video. It's one of the first questions I believe.

There have also been numerous reports come out about what a bad translating job she did, and that she added things. Here's just a couple.

Slava Malamud ‏@SlavaMalamud 21h
Vavrinyuk mistranslated in this video. Does NOT say "he was having a lot of fun" http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...-avalanche-star-semyon-varlamov-laughed-while

Nick ‏@BizarreJester 21h
@SlavaMalamud translator did a terrible job IMHO, added her own interpretation of statements. Yevgenia seemed a bit sedated.
Reply Retweet Favorite More Expand
@BizarreJester I had the same impression about the translator.

adater ‏@adater 19h
Lots of criticism of Russian translation at Varlamov accuser presser - by Russians

"No, they don’t have to be taken at face value, and no, you’re not an uncaring beast if you at least would like to withhold judgment or subject the allegations to a critical evaluation. (Or even wonder if we in the media were a bit too compliant about accepting that translations of Varlamov’s accuser’s comments at her news conference Thursday would come from her lawyer’s fiance.)"

- Terry Frei

http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2013/10/31/avs-varly/15423/

Avs For Life

#92 #9 #29
Jul 4, 2012
Denver, CO
I read someone else mention the "coaching her" aspect but I can't find it now. You can see it at least once in the interview though, without having to speak Russian. She's asked where her brusies are after they say they don't want to show them. She mentions a couple on her arms, then hesitates, and then the translator starts telling her things and pointing to areas on her body, and then she starts talking again and pointing to the same areas.

There have also been numerous reports come out about what a bad translating job she did, and that she added things. Here's just a couple.

Vavrinyuk mistranslated in this video. Does NOT say "he was having a lot of fun" http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...-avalanche-star-semyon-varlamov-laughed-while …

Nick ‏@BizarreJester 21h
@SlavaMalamud translator did a terrible job IMHO, added her own interpretation of statements. Yevgenia seemed a bit sedated.
Reply Retweet Favorite More Expand
@BizarreJester I had the same impression about the translator.

adater ‏@adater 19h
Lots of criticism of Russian translation at Varlamov accuser presser - by Russians

"No, they don’t have to be taken at face value, and no, you’re not an uncaring beast if you at least would like to withhold judgment or subject the allegations to a critical evaluation. (Or even wonder if we in the media were a bit too compliant about accepting that translations of Varlamov’s accuser’s comments at her news conference Thursday would come from her lawyer’s fiance.)"

- Terry Frei

http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2013/10/31/avs-varly/15423/

Thanks for the reply Foppa.

It just shows how bad the DP is to not have their own translator... Unless the victim wouldn't do it with anyone else...which looks sketchy as well.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
So she got locked out, and ended up with bruised on her arm and hip?

Could be she got those by slamming herself against the door.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
It's going to matter how long she was gone and how long between the alleged beating and her returning home to find the suitcase was. What did she do? Where did she go? Did she speak to anyone? Did she appear beaten and bruised? She said she tried to use her card at Walgreens. Why did she go shopping? These things will all be brought up.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
I would imagine neighboring apartments will be questioned, right?

If this is really as bad as she says it is, the people next to him or below him would have had to hear something.

And if he so forcefully threw her out of his apartment, someone would have heard or possibly seen.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012

If this is really as bad as she says it is, the people next to him or below him would have had to hear something.

And if he so forcefully threw her out of his apartment, someone would have heard or possibly seen.

I wondered too, especially if she's saying this happened more than once.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Also, nice to see in Frei that there's someone at the DP with a shred of decency in putting forth their opinions.

SB

Mar 9, 2004
Colorado

I imagine this is happening now, as DA decides whether or not to charge.

And you can be sure the Avalanche organeyezation also has someone investigating this stuff, too.. We will know soon if they start distancing themselves a bit from Varly, or not. Remember the Patriots and Aaron Hernandez? Pats knew pretty early that the charges were very, very serious, and cut him before justice was technically completed.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Ryan Parker @ryanparkerdp
Denver Post has a Russian journalist visiting. He translated interview from #Varlamov's girlfriend. There are differences. Post forthcoming

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Ryan Parker @ryanparkerdp
Denver Post has a Russian journalist visiting. He translated interview from #Varlamov's girlfriend. There are differences. Post forthcoming

What if the jounalist is a part of a Russian conspiracy to cover this up.....for Sochi.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
What if the jounalist is a part of a Russian conspiracy to cover this up.....for Sochi.

Haha that's good.

So who wanted to give her a Polygraph test? I'm not opposed to that... I really hope this case gets dismissed at this point. You know some idiotic jury won't even be able to see this for what it is... Just go to the main board if you need proof.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
New Translation

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...nterview-given-by-semyon-varlamovs-girlfriend

Interpreter: Please tell us how this happened.

Evgeniya Vavrinyuk: It happened on Tuesday at 6 a.m. My boyfriend came home drunk and acting strange and rushed at me with the intention of beating me. He grabbed my hands and twisted me When I tried to close the door to the room and get him out of the room. When I tried to close the door to the room and get him out of the room he kicked me in the chest with his leg. Twice I fell on the ground and it hurt me a lot. After that we had a small fight between the kitchen and the lobby. At this moment he was laughing and it seemed like he didn't understand what he was actually doing. And he was very drunk.

Read more: Translation of media interview given by Semyon Varlamov's girlfriend - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...irlfriend-interview-translation#ixzz2jR7j3yeK
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
Follow us: @Denverpost on Twitter | Denverpost on Facebook

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
All these fights happened either in Russia or abroad. I mean, I have no more patience for this. Currently I am in the U.S., the country which stands for women's rights. I know I will be protected here. I want everyone, all of the fans who love him and who chant "Varly, Varly" all the time to know that he's a violent man, that he acts like this with his beloved girlfriend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad