Denver Post: The Varlamov Investigation: Part II *Read the MOD WARNING in post #1*

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
We haven't heard from Kiszla all year while the Avs we're playing well. Now he chimes in with some dumb article about how Varly should step aside.

The Post has got to be one of the worst run papers in the US. Dater, and Frei, and I'm sure the rest of the people in charge there have known about the bad translator since yesterday, yet they still have the incorrectly translated quote about Varly laughing while he beat her as their headline.

At this point they're just leaving up something they know to be untrue as sensationalism. Is that not lawsuit worthy if Varly is cleared of all this?

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I really don't mind Dater, even though at times he can lose his frickin' mind. And his constant ragging on Stastny is beyond annoying. Frei is part time at this point since he appears to be focusing on his books. Kizsla is a complete and utter tool. Chambers to me is just a nonentity. Don't really love him, but don't hate him either.

Don't know why Sadowski isn't getting better work than NHL.com and Hockeybuzz. He was a great reporter for the RMN.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Kiszla decided after game 1 MacKinnon was going to be a star (ya think?) but made his bold prediction that the Avs will make the playoffs. I guess he can trumpet that one if he's right but everyone will be glad if he's right anyway. He never liked Varly, it just feels too convenient.

Dater does ok if he's just reporting but when he gets to opinions and stirring the pot it's bad. Hes a bored reporter and goes back into his bag of tricks if nothing original is going on. He has at least refrained from sensationalizing the Varly situation and is sticking to hockey. Chambers is more suited to college hockey and with Frei I always feel some level of disdain from him, I'm not sure what it is exactly.

kitsel

Mar 31, 2012
Interesting tidbit from a Russian listening to the interview on the main thread about varlamov. I don't think it's been posted here.

"Translator did not translate when girl stated that she decided to go to police not after the accident happened, but after Varly packed her bags and left them behind the door (he threw me away like if I were a dog to him - if translating by words). "
(credit to CatOTails)

She was also apparently rephrasing what varly's girlfriend said, reminding her to say certain things, and told her "it's not necessary" when they asked her to show her bruises. I know that being reminded by your lawyer to not say certain things is normal but is the translator (her lawyer's fiance) actually part of her legal team?

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Interesting tidbit from a Russian listening to the interview on the main thread about varlamov. I don't think it's been posted here.

"Translator did not translate when girl stated that she decided to go to police not after the accident happened, but after Varly packed her bags and left them behind the door (he threw me away like if I were a dog to him - if translating by words). "
(credit to CatOTails)

She was also apparently rephrasing what varly's girlfriend said, reminding her to say certain things, and told her "it's not necessary" when they asked her to show her bruises. I know that being reminded by your lawyer to not say certain things is normal but is the translator (her lawyer's fiance) actually part of her legal team?

She wouldnt be the first women in history to pull this stunt after shes been given the boot. My ex did the exact same thing sep she accused me of cheating and said she was preggers etc. There are just too many inconsistencies in her story.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
If Varly gets convicted of what he is charged with, his future with the Avs might be in doubt. If it all gets dropped, or a plea is reached with a much lower charge I see him continuing with the Avs. The ownership hasn't had problems with people with a record playing on their teams... just look at the Nuggets over the years.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

(credit to CatOTails)

Her also lawyer interrupted the translator after the reporter asked about how it sounded like he kicked her out saying, "do you want to know more about the beating?" They want to sweep that little tidbit under the rug. After all, someone clearly psychotic and sadistic wouldn't do such a calm and non violent thing like pack her bags and leave them at the door, and break up with them. They'd keep her around to beat on.

When was the last time you heard about a guy who beats the crap out of his women, where the guy wanted the woman to leave? They view them as property. They beat them and tell them they're not allowed to leave. Not pack their bags for them and kick them out.

So she broke her modeling contract to come here, then Varly kicked her out, and cut off her bank account he was funding, and now she's making these allegations and holding press conferences? Interesting.

Last edited:

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
His lawyers are going to use every single bit of that video too.

Yea that's why it was stupid. They clearly were blinded by their motivation to hurt him publicly, which is even more damning to their credibility.

If she contradicted her story one bit in that press conference from what she told police, or if she added or left things out like getting kicked out and having her bags packed at the door, her whole story could go down in flames in court.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Not sure if posted...

Now she's saying she's receiving death threats....

http://cbsloc.al/1aNaNBq

The 24-year-old Russian girlfriend of Colorado Avalanche player Semyon Varlamov says she and her family in her homeland have been receiving death threats since she has come forward about his alleged abuse.

I'm sorry but does she come off like a pathological liar to anyone else?

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
I wouldn't go that far, but I would say she is looking for a way to stay in the United States.

That is exactly what it sounds like. The minute I read the kidnapping charge allowed her to stay in the US it seemed to make more sense for this entire ordeal.

So *if* this gets thrown out of court, and no charges end up getting filed, it is my understanding that she can still file a civil lawsuit. And that is more than likely what this is all about. Is that correct?

Sorry I don't know anything about the judicial system.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
I wouldn't go that far, but I would say she is looking for a way to stay in the United States.

I guess a pathological liar might be a bit far fetched but it seems like everything that could possibly happen and go wrong to her short of murder has happened... Just seems like a movie or crazy drama.

IndustryLeech

Jan 23, 2013
Fort Collins, CO
If Varly gets convicted of what he is charged with, his future with the Avs might be in doubt. If it all gets dropped, or a plea is reached with a much lower charge I see him continuing with the Avs. The ownership hasn't had problems with people with a record playing on their teams... just look at the Nuggets over the years.

Sakic doesn't make any personnel decisions for the Nuggets. Sakic has a squeaky-clean image that he probably wants to protect.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
If he was doing all this drinking at the halloween party, cant they just ask the players if he was drinking, and how he seemed physically at the party?

Also, if she "relives" the situation every time she talks about it, why in the hell is she laughing towards the end?

I don't care if there was a joke said, she is trying to make Varly sound like a monster and she has been tragically assaulted, you don't laugh during the interview you called yourself.

anleva

Aug 2, 2005
Interesting that her lawyer, Robert Abrams, specialty is in contract law, construction and real estate rather than domestic violence or personal injury cases. But I guess that is because of the friendship between his fiance and the victim.

http://www.abramslaw.net/Attorneys/Robert-E-Abrams.shtml

Robert Abrams is an attorney and trial lawyer specializing in Contract Law. His Emphasis Is Construction, Construction Defect, Breach Of Contract, Lease Issues, Real Estate And Land Development Matters.

Mr. Abrams' focus in law is construction disputes, partnership disputes (LLC, general and limited partnerships), construction defect, contractor/subcontractor issues, contractor/homeowner disputes, product warranty, general breach of contract, UCC contract sales, CCPA and other contract related matters involving terms or breach.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Just figured out that Varly was just cut off from the cycle on the front page.
If you change the code he can still be obtained.
This means that they might just have the picture on hold.
I remember someone else pointing out something similar in the previous thread.
(Another interesting thing is that when you put in O'Reilly the surroundings turn blue which doesn't happen with any other player.)

Proofpic of Varly: (Talbot is in the lineup despite not being there yet when Varly was taken out of cycle)

Last edited:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Sakic doesn't make any personnel decisions for the Nuggets. Sakic has a squeaky-clean image that he probably wants to protect.

At the same time Roy is helping with the decision and has experience in going through this (I know it isn't the exact same situation). I just can't see the Avs (or really any professional sports organization) jettisoning Varly over a misdemeanor... especially when the case looks as weak as it does for the misdemeanor (the kidnapping will get dropped for sure).

SB

Mar 9, 2004
Colorado
Interesting that her lawyer, Robert Abrams, specialty is in contract law, construction and real estate rather than domestic violence or personal injury cases. But I guess that is because of the friendship between his fiance and the victim.

http://www.abramslaw.net/Attorneys/Robert-E-Abrams.shtml

Yes, but later on the page it does list

Areas of Practice
Administrative Law
Business & Commercial Law
Contracts
Business Organizations
Construction Law
Litigation & Appeals
Real Estate Law
Land Use & Zoning
Divorce
Family Law
Custody & Visitation
Child Support

DannoManno*

Any chance he plays any games at all until this is fully cleared up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad