Denver Post: The Varlamov Investigation: Part II *Read the MOD WARNING in post #1*

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
My personal feeling is that unless Varly is cleared of all wrong-doing, he will not have his contract renewed. I don't think that kind of conduct will be tolerated by the organization, and it has the potential to alienate the fan base. Literally anything could happen with our goaltending situation at this point.

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
My personal feeling is that unless Varly is cleared of all wrong-doing, he will not have his contract renewed. I don't think that kind of conduct will be tolerated by the organization, and it has the potential to alienate the fan base. Literally anything could happen with our goaltending situation at this point.

I have a feeling your right, which could catastrophically hurt us unless we got someone like Ryan Miller as a UFA, who could guide either Aitto or Pickard going from a starter to in 4-5 years( being generous here for Miller) as a backup to whoever emerges as the next one from these kids

ant123

Jul 4, 2008
Let's make it clear.
She is model in the same way as Penny is actress in TBBT :)

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
It doesn't matter what they've done in the past... is everyone forgetting that we have new management now?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I could see it either way. The Avalanche seem pretty supportive at this point and it ultimately depends what Varly is convicted of, if anything. If nothing or something minor they probably won't hold it against him. If this thing goes on forever and there is a trial I could see them address goaltending in the offseason. They were on the fence about Varly going into the season, they probably have some long term idea of what they were going to do if Varly didn't play well.

Avs For Life

#92 #9 #29
Jul 4, 2012
Denver, CO
Innocent until proven guilty in my book. Im not writing Varly off until that happens...IF it happens. Something about this whole thing is off. She is putting herself out there WAY too much and on top of that her Lawyer normally deals with Construction and things like that...not DV cases.

The problem is that if Varly didn't do anything wrong, the damage is done. People already will think he is a very violent and hateful woman beater. His name getting cleared, if that happens, will be at the back of the DP.

BTW...Kiz wrote an article on why Varly should step aside... I couldnt even click it because I knew it was trash. How does the DP let these guys spew their crap.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Innocent until proven guilty in my book. Im not writing Varly off until that happens...IF it happens. Something about this whole thing is off. She is putting herself out there WAY too much and on top of that her Lawyer normally deals with Construction and things like that...not DV cases.

The problem is that if Varly didn't do anything wrong, the damage is done. People already will think he is a very violent and hateful woman beater. His name getting cleared, if that happens, will be at the back of the DP.

BTW...Kiz wrote an article on why Varly should step aside... I couldnt even click it because I knew it was trash. How does the DP let these guys spew their crap.

Kizla exists just to stir people up with his stupidity.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Honestly, the more I hear the more I side with Varly. This girl sounds nuts, and it sounds like she is looking for a pay day.

She makes all these allegations, but has no proof of them. She can't produce any injuries of any kind.

The timing of this is just too perfect, especially since these actions supposedly have been going on for awhile. She waited until he was playing good hockey, so to rub it in even more. She could have easily done this last year when he was struggling but no she waited until now.

Like I said I work in the industry, I have dealt with many DV cases (its not our main thing but it does come up frequently) over the years, and one of my jobs is to talk to people to see if they A. have a case and B. if holes can be poked in it. If this lady had come to me with no physical evidence of what she was claiming and a wishy washy, round about story, our firm would have probably said something to the extent of sorry we don't feel you have a strong enough case for us to represent you at this point in time. But like I said our firm actually believes in ethics.

The other thing that really sways me toward Varly is the fact that, he is being offered all this help from real high ups like the Russian gov't, but is not taking it. This to me shows that he is confident enough in his side of the story that the truth will come out. If you've got something to hide and your countries gov't says they will help you, you don't reject the help as they can really throw their weight around.

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
I still can't fathom how a 6'2", 215 professional athlete can kick/stomp a 5'3", 100lb woman in the chest repeatedly and the said woman doesn't show any signs of broken bones/collapsed lung or anything that would really coincide with that story.

member 116861

He had a rep for laziness, but there were no actual issues until after he was drafted (I seem to remember a bar brawl or something like that) if I recall correctly. I could be wrong of course--Wolski feels like so much of an afterthought these days.

I'm pretty sure Wolski got into that fight which was to protect his girlfriend or something like that right before the draft.

Sheet

Apr 1, 2013
Yep and got me and I didnt even click it...

I should feel bad for letting it get to me. I just wish we had an OUNCE of good reporting for the Avs

You do. It's called select HF Board posters in the avs section.

TBH though, DP has got to be the absolute worst reporting on professional hockey ive ever seen. I hate to say this but I really give two ***** about why dater thinks Duchene should be captain, or why Kiz things the avs should let Varly go..

How about they report facts and stuff that are actually important, like maybe how allaire has settled down varly, etc etc.. WHat exactly foote's roll is. Stuff like this I'd rather see.

SB

Mar 9, 2004
Colorado
....Like I said I work in the industry, I have dealt with many DV cases (its not our main thing but it does come up frequently) over the years, and one of my jobs is to talk to people to see if they A. have a case and B. if holes can be poked in it. If this lady had come to me with no physical evidence of what she was claiming and a wishy washy, round about story, our firm would have probably said something to the extent of sorry we don't feel you have a strong enough case for us to represent you at this point in time. But like I said our firm actually believes in ethics. ...

I have a question about DV -- as I understand it, the cycle is about keeping the woman under control, and she fears leaving, right? Do abusers commonly kick the woman out? I thought it was the other way around, the abuser is trying to keep her there and under his thumb. But being kicked out seemed to be what really set her off.

It is reported that they have been on and off over some years, so I could envision, IF THESE ALLEGATIONS ARE TRUE, that he hurts her, they break up, he apologizes, she returns, rinse and repeat. Ok, that could happen. But this isn't the classic pattern of abuse, guilt, apology, woman never leaves due to fear and hope that he will change. This girl appears to have been around the world a few times during the entire relationship, and then HE kicks her out. Thus, she is free to go, but keeps returning?

Is this also an accepted pattern of DV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad