OT - NO POLITICS The TV thread - RIP Miss Jean - Boston's Romper Room teacher

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
"The Bob Newhart Show" premiered fifty years ago today.

1663348734413.png

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
I dont know if anyone has posted this before. but that Untold programming on Netflix is amazing. I love all of them. Just watched the one about the NBA ref

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I dont know if anyone has posted this before. but that Untold programming on Netflix is amazing. I love all of them. Just watched the one about the NBA ref
That one was good, and I also enjoyed the one about Australia winning the America's Cup. Never thought yacht sailing would be so fascinating.

The best was the Manti Teo one though. That story is just gripping, and getting to hear all the details from all the participants involved was great.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
"The Bob Newhart Show" premiered fifty years ago today.

View attachment 585140

I never saw the Bob Newhart Show until one of those MeTV stations that my tv antenna picked up started playing reruns a few years ago, and from the little of it I've seen it was pretty good (on the contrary, I couldn't get into his other show, aside from the phenomenal ending where he wakes up in his old show and realizes it was all a dream). The scenery is very dated but the comedy is great. About a year or maybe 2 years ago now Bob Newhart did an episode of Conan O'Brien's podcast, and even though he's about 91 or 92 now, he was as sharp and witty as ever.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
I watched TNF on Jeff Bezos TV last night in a bar, and it was an adventure. At one point, three screens had the game but they were out of synch because the feed got stuck.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
I never saw the Bob Newhart Show until one of those MeTV stations that my tv antenna picked up started playing reruns a few years ago, and from the little of it I've seen it was pretty good (on the contrary, I couldn't get into his other show, aside from the phenomenal ending where he wakes up in his old show and realizes it was all a dream). The scenery is very dated but the comedy is great. About a year or maybe 2 years ago now Bob Newhart did an episode of Conan O'Brien's podcast, and even though he's about 91 or 92 now, he was as sharp and witty as ever.
Channel 38 used to run the show about an hour before or a half hour after Bruin games. Newhart and Mr. Carlson-Jack Riley-were gold.

bruinsfan1968

Make America United Again! Save our Democracy!
May 6, 2019
Finally realized HBO Max has every episode of ER, a show I never missed even before DVR was a thing:laugh: Amazing ensemble cast and some memorable guest stars.
View attachment 586663
Only part way through Season 1(because seasons then were 22-24 episodes). Fun to see some of these actors in their first major roles.
I had the fortunate experience to spend some time working on that show. Those were good times in Hollywood, we had so much work back then.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Not a fan of Larry, Darryl & Darryl?

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Just found a new show called Reboot to watch. A couple of episodes in and it seems promising. Also winding down season 2 of Reservation Dogs and I have to say, I love this show. It’s so different from most other programming.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
anyone on here living in Canada with Hulu? Keeps saying it can`t validate my email and I can`t sign up to the site? Thanks in advance

we did grab Apple TV, started watching Severance, interesting concept but waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too slow for my liking, just started Ted Lasso, funny stuff, any other suggestions that are on Apple Tv?

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
anyone on here living in Canada with Hulu? Keeps saying it can`t validate my email and I can`t sign up to the site? Thanks in advance

we did grab Apple TV, started watching Severance, interesting concept but waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too slow for my liking, just started Ted Lasso, funny stuff, any other suggestions that are on Apple Tv?
Two recent favorites:
5 Days at Memorial - hospital drama during hurricane Katrina and aftermath
Black Bird - HS football star sentenced to 10 years takes a deal to reduce his sentence by going into prison for criminally insane to get evidence on a serial killer

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Two recent favorites:
Black Bird - HS football star sentenced to 10 years takes a deal to reduce his sentence by going into prison for criminally insane to get evidence on a serial killer
awesome, thanks so much

Reactions: sooshii

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Two recent favorites:
Cool thing about Black Bird is that it's a true story. Plus Ray Liotta's last role.

Reactions: sooshii

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
huge Curb fan and I too enjoy Kink of Queens

Big time.

I didn't particulary like KOFQ at first or i didn't pay enough attention to details. But then all of a sudden something clicked, Jerry Stiller was great, Leah Remini...enjoyed the relentless war between main characters, mainly in latter seasons.

Reactions: ODAAT

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Peacock announced that they are producing a Community movie. 6 seasons and a movie is coming true I suppose.

Community was possibly my favorite TV show of all time. It came out at a time when I was in school so it resonated hard, and the writing was incredibly funny. Being a fan of the show while NBC was screwing around with its timeslot and cancelling and bringing it back for half seasons, all the drama with Harmon and Chevy Chase and everything, I felt like I was a part of a movement more than just liking a TV show. All that said, I'm really not as excited about the movie as I should be. I'm sure I'll watch it, and it will have good laughs in it and probably will be well-written. But obviously Chevy Chase won't be involved and it's doubtful that Donald Glover comes back. Plus so much time has passed since it ended, I don't have great expectations. After Arrested Development had their netflix reboot and it kind of took a dump on the overall legacy of the show itself, I'm very skeptical about follow-up movies or streaming seasons of legendary TV shows years after the fact. Like part of me feels like the moment is gone and it's best to let it lie.

But if Harmon has his hands in writing it, it should be good - the more engaged he is, he can produce a good 90 minute movie out of it. Like in season 5 after he came back from being fired the first 3 or 4 episodes of that season were great. It's only after they lost that steam and had to flesh out an entire season of episodes that things got forgettable. But with only one 90-minute to 2-hour movie to fill, I think they can be focused and do something good. As long as they have a good conceit for where the characters all wound up 8 years later and what story draws them back together.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Reactions: quietbruinfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad