OT - NO POLITICS The TV thread - RIP Miss Jean - Boston's Romper Room teacher

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Just wrapped up The Umbrella Academy season 3, and it was different than the first two, but interesting. We're now getting into Reservation Dogs, which two episodes in, seems very cool. Should be a fun series.

Reactions: Troublesome 85

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Season 3 of 'The Orville' on HULU has been excellent

I didn't expect Dolly Parton to show up

1659692424330.png

Last edited:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I don't watch a ton of tv these days, mostly youtube and HGTV on Discovery+ but I'm starting to get back into Blue Bloods.

Reactions: caz16

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
tacked on AMC + to our Amazon Prime, on season 2 of The Son with Pierce Brosnan, liking it quite a bit. Also halfway through the first (and only season) of Feed the Beast with David Schwimmer which I am enjoying too.

Other than that, not much we have been watching lately, we typically don`t watch a ton of TV, watched the Doc Most hated man on the internet, was ok

Reactions: Gordoff

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
This brightened my day:

At today's San Diego Comic-Con panel for The Orville: New Horizons, the show's Emmy award-winning actor, writer, director and producer Seth MacFarlane announced that all three seasons of the Emmy-nominated, fan favorite sci-fi series will be available to stream on Disney+ starting on August 10.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
original TC Calvin from Magnum P.I. Roger E. Mosley passes at 83
RIP TC!

If anyone hasn't checked out The Bear yet, I'd highly recommend it. Very gritty, tense, funny show. Kind of feels like a continuation of Shameless with Jeremy Allen White playing the lead character Carmy. Definitely feels like an extension of his Lip character at times.

Reactions: sooshii

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
RIP TC!

If anyone hasn't checked out The Bear yet, I'd highly recommend it. Very gritty, tense, funny show. Kind of feels like a continuation of Shameless with Jeremy Allen White playing the lead character Carmy. Definitely feels like an extension of his Lip character at times.

I know this makes me a weirdo, but I couldn't get into Shameless. Tried multiple times, just never clicked. Billions, on the other hand . . .

Reactions: LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I know this makes me a weirdo, but I couldn't get into Shameless. Tried multiple times, just never clicked. Billions, on the other hand . . .
Shameless is one of those shows to me. You either love it from the jump, or there's zero chance of getting into it. Over the course of the run it had, some seasons were better than others. But I do give them credit for realizing that they needed to shift the dynamic away from Fiona and Frank all the time. Some of the funniest shit on that show were when they made the neighbors Vee and Kevin a main focus after being side characters for years. Those were some of the most enjoyable seasons they had for me.

I tried to watch Billions a couple of times, but I hate the lead character, the dude from Band of Brothers. He's just not a good actor to me and everything he's in, he's the same character. Plus his American accent irritates me as well. It's just like how Jesse (Aaron Paul) overreacted in every scene for Breaking Bad, that it became a constant battle to ignore his bad acting in favor of the master class performance by Bryan Cranston in that show.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Just finished The Sandman onNetflix.

10/10 for me. A bit of everything. Fantasy, horror, humor and mythology.
Loved it. Very entertaining.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Just finished The Sandman onNetflix.

10/10 for me. A bit of everything. Fantasy, horror, humor and mythology.
Loved it. Very entertaining.
My wife wants to watch it but I saw the trailer and was like eh. I'll give any show a try. I hope it's good because we need something new to watch.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Ok, I'll be the first to get a post deleted on this thread.;)

2 classic comedic TV episodes with superb writing delivered by two actor's that could deadpan with the best of them. Probably wouldn't make it past the PC/SJW crowd today.

Written by Gardner/Caruso, this episode introduces us to the Kaos agent the Claw, not Craw and Max wears the first Apple watch.

This clip is a riff off of Who's on First, written by Zucker/Abrahams/Zucker (folks that brought us Airplane!). Series was cancelled after six shows because an executive at ABC felt that viewer had to pay too much attention to get the humor.

The scene not too long after that was great as well as Drebin and Hocken go to interview the murder victim's widow. "We would of come earlier but your husband wasn't dead then"

Omg all time great show Get Smart

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Started watching Boundless on Amazon Prime, it's a Spanish series about Magellan's circumnavigation of the world. I'm a sucker for anything in the old timey naval genre (i.e. Master & Commander) so I was drawn to it, and the Professor from Money Heist is his right hand man and navigator. Pretty good so far.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
RIP TC!

I keep hearing that and am tempted but too cheap to add Disney yet to watch it, a few fellow hospitality buddies said it`s intensely realistic

Reactions: LSCII

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad