OT - NO POLITICS The TV thread - RIP Miss Jean - Boston's Romper Room teacher

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Just finished Game of Thrones,not usually my kind of show,probably drawn in by the excessive nudity in the first 3 seasons,but iI got caught up and in the end I hated almost all of them,except for Jon,Arya and Thyreon. Now what?

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Just finished Game of Thrones,not usually my kind of show,probably drawn in by the excessive nudity in the first 3 seasons,but iI got caught up and in the end I hated almost all of them,except for Jon,Arya and Thyreon. Now what?
You made it through the final season without being completely numbed out to the show? Anyway, you're in luck that HBO is debuting the Targaryan house prequel like next week.

I'll probably watch the first episode to give it a chance, but don't expect to be completely drawn in by it. I can't remember such a rapid swing from everyone being obsessed with a show and its whole surrounding lore to it being culturally irrelevant nearly overnight. That's how much people disliked season 8.

Reactions: quietbruinfan

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
You made it through the final season without being completely numbed out to the show? Anyway, you're in luck that HBO is debuting the Targaryan house prequel like next week.

I'll probably watch the first episode to give it a chance, but don't expect to be completely drawn in by it. I can't remember such a rapid swing from everyone being obsessed with a show and its whole surrounding lore to it being culturally irrelevant nearly overnight. That's how much people disliked season 8.
There were only 2 episodes that I used the FF because of prolonged battle scenes. I watched the whole thing in about a month,talk about numbing.

What about me? I was a hard guy to hate-in the show mind you. ...
Expound.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
Bnhl, since Hf refuses to take my part of the multi-quote, let me say this: Richard Dormer did a great job playing a humble, self-sacrificing, idealistic, faithful hero, where there were only a couple to be found. He did sell off Gendry, but it turned out alright, just as he thought it might. Of couse, he did have to apologize for it later. lol

Note: in the books he is more half man half zombie, but that would have wasted Dormer's talent.

Reactions: Fenian24 and BNHL

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Started Seinfeld from the beginning last weekend.

I’ve made it up to the middle of Season 4.
I`m stunned how often I am searching around on the bazillion channels we have, various streaming services we have and yet wind up watching re-runs of Seinfeld, simply the best comedy show this person has watched ever

Think my top 5 comedy shows are/were

Seinfeld
Cheers
MASH
All in the Family
Dream On (if you haven`t seen it, look for it)

One of my fav Seinfeld scenes ever

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
I`m stunned how often I am searching around on the bazillion channels we have, various streaming services we have and yet wind up watching re-runs of Seinfeld, simply the best comedy show this person has watched ever

Seinfeld
Cheers
MASH
All in the Family

Seinfeld is comedy brilliance and Larry David is an American treasure.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
The Manti Teo documentary on Netflix was pretty good. I come out of it feeling bad for him and everything he went through, even though he was extremely naive and shoulders responsibility. The guy who catfished him is an absolute POS narcissist and definitely comes across as such in the documentary.

But the most interesting thing to learn from it was that the story wasn't supposed to be about Teo and his getting taken advantage of or any speculation on his sexuality, but deadspin was trying to demonstrate the shallowness of mainstream sports reporting by showing how ESPN, NBC Sports, and others went along with Teo's inspirational story without doing the ten minutes of research it takes to realize that his girlfriend has no presence anywhere and didn't exist. But the media took the story and made it into a spectacle about all the wrong things rather than being self reflective about their reporting practices.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
If you're on the fence about The Rings of Power the second episode is much better than the first. The first does some things well, but it's overly intense without much of a respite.

Fortunately dwarves show up in the second episode and they make a huge difference.

Also, gonna plug the site: we're gonna have these first two eps (both dropping tonight) covered top to bottom at Nerdist. Also tons of great primers and explainers to read before you watch. Can find everything here.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Seinfeld
Cheers
MASH
All in the Family

Bookman was my favorite one and done Seinfeld character.

Taxi, Barney Miller, 30 Rock, Frasier, Parks & Rec a few other greats.

Reactions: ODAAT

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Mountain Men season premiere tonight. Definitely my favorite non-comedy or drama ever on TV.

I know I’d never be able to do 1/10000th of the things these people do, but I certainly could live a much more simple/primitive lifestyle when I retire.

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Gonna need second season of each of these shows

Attachments

• 35CEEF2E-F7C5-446C-847D-4594A4773919.jpeg
    35CEEF2E-F7C5-446C-847D-4594A4773919.jpeg
    193.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 2BDEEEA4-0774-45D0-9CDB-78F6EA01C275.jpeg
    2BDEEEA4-0774-45D0-9CDB-78F6EA01C275.jpeg
    251.9 KB · Views: 2

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005

Seinfeld
Cheers
MASH
All in the Family

have you tried watching curb your enthusiasm?
also i know alot of people hate it but i always cracked up watching king of queens.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I thought Cobra Kai was supposed to come out for Labor Day weekend but apparently it doesn't come out until next Monday. Lame.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
can`t say I have ever been a fan of Brendan Fraser movies in the past but really happy it appears he`s being recognized for what seems to be a great movie in The Whale

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I'm not exaggerating when I say Cobra Kai Season 5 was the best TV I've seen all year. It's the best season of the show yet. And it's darker and more violent than before, this season felt like a mixture of pro wrestling and Game of Thrones. Binged it all over the weekend, can't wait for season 6.

Reactions: smithformeragent

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I'm not exaggerating when I say Cobra Kai Season 5 was the best TV I've seen all year. It's the best season of the show yet. And it's darker and more violent than before, this season felt like a mixture of pro wrestling and Game of Thrones. Binged it all over the weekend, can't wait for season 6.

I'm halfway through it. I hate myself for loving that show, but it's addictive.

Reactions: McGarnagle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad