OT: The Thread About Nothing Part 190: Terrorists, Wild Trout, Microbeers, and Stuff

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Fishing has popped all over the Mid-Atlantic...Hendrickson's are in full swing and I am sitting in this stupid office...

We can learn a lot of from a mayfly...a year long struggle to break out of its adolescences and only 24 hours of adulthood to spread its wings in the sun and bask in its own splendid glory...You've got to savor that 24 hours when you have it.

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
I'm so looking forward to this weekend...I need a quiet, relaxing one.

I'm half with you. I have a VERY relaxing Sunday. So I'll take what I can get at this point.

Im referring to my faux pas where i seem like a giant ******* :laugh:

Only cause I twisted your words around in an absolutely horrific manner. I knew what you meant, I just took you to the bad extreme, haha.

cj225

Work in Progress...
Dec 6, 2006
NJ
I'm half with you. I have a VERY relaxing Sunday. So I'll take what I can get at this point.

Yeah it's been a crazy few weeks and now that hockey is over, I'm going to enjoy every weekend I get where I don't have guard. In June I have 3 separate drills and then Annual Training.

Thankful I got out of drill on June 1st!!

VaxjoDevil

No kids - Still a person
Nov 11, 2009
Princeton, NJ
Played a violent men's league game last night. Got crosschecked like **** into the boards right in the back, ref just stood there. Body is aching badly today. **** this, no more mr. nice guy, if they stop us dirty without any calls we should stop them dirty back. Game 3 on Wednesday, will be so pissed if we lose the series to those guys.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Played a violent men's league game last night. Got crosschecked like **** into the boards right in the back, ref just stood there. Body is aching badly today. **** this, no more mr. nice guy, if they stop us dirty without any calls we should stop them dirty back. Game 3 on Wednesday, will be so pissed if we lose the series to those guys.

Sounds kinky.

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
Found my new favorite gif. ZajacsBowlcut would enjoy.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-16190-1366816011-2.gif

BrodeurRULES

RIP Lokomotiv
Nov 5, 2006
Been a little boring at work and haven't had stories to share because I know you all love my stories even if you won't say it. lol However, now that they posted two full time positions it will get really interesting. LET THE DRAMA START!!!!!!!!!!

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
The Euro is following it into the toilet.

Lead; follow, it's all irrelevant. The point is, that's what happens in the race to the bottom. And you aint seen nothing yet. Wait until the hyperinflation comes, that's when the real pain begins.

We can learn a lot of from a mayfly...a year long struggle to break out of its adolescences and only 24 hours of adulthood to spread its wings in the sun and bask in its own splendid glory...You've got to savor that 24 hours when you have it.

He's finally gone off the rails.

sunny, 63 degree high today... starting my weekend now. Half day vacation and going golfing.

FORE!

This is how it's done.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Lead; follow, it's all irrelevant. The point is, that's what happens in the race to the bottom. And you aint seen nothing yet. Wait until the hyperinflation comes, that's when the real pain begins.

Inflation is real, but this hyperinflation is overhyped by a small group of cranks. I'm not worried.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Fishing Saturday. Have to run over to cabelas in the am when I get out of work. Plan on spending a couple hundred bucks. Golf Sunday. Another day of fishing Monday. You can't tell me theres a better way to spend those three days.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Inflation is real, but this hyperinflation is overhyped by a small group of cranks. I'm not worried.

Hyperinflation is a real phenomena that has happened many times throughout the course of history. We've been defying inflation for quite some time (at the puzzlement of many economists), but America has massively increased its' money supply in the last few years with virtually no real growth in GDP. Throwing additional fuel on the fire, the economy sucks, and unemployment is extremely high.

There is nothing special about the United States' economy that should shield it from the economic version of the law of physics. IMO, the global perception that "it cant happen in America" is the most powerful thing protecting us so far, as well as a global malaise, but be wary of those you hear who call people "cranks" or "fear-mongers" or "crazies" or similar in relation to inflation - their motivation is almost always based on political agenda rather than economic theory. Is hyperinflation a certainly? Absolutely not. But the famous George Santayana quote is potentially more relevant here than people want to admit.

Fishing Saturday. Have to run over to cabelas in the am when I get out of work. Plan on spending a couple hundred bucks. Golf Sunday. Another day of fishing Monday. You can't tell me theres a better way to spend those three days.

Funny, I was thinking about going to Cabelas this weekend too. I want to look at some of those big trap machines they have that hold 25'ish clays. They seem unreasonably expensive, but how do you put a price on fun?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad