OT: The Thread About Nothing Part 190: Terrorists, Wild Trout, Microbeers, and Stuff

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
Completely understand...

I've heard similar things about random people you don't know joining your table for dinner and partying all night. Sounds like an amazing place.

Exactly.

I've been to several Asian restaurants that purposefully sit others at large communal style tables. It's a common thing to sit much closer to each other and share tables and the like - and subsequently stories and experiences - in London as well while I was there.

Sometimes I think maybe we're doing something wrong here in America.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Exactly.

I've been to several Asian restaurants that purposefully sit others at large communal style tables. It's a common thing to sit much closer to each other and share tables and the like - and subsequently stories and experiences - in London as well while I was there.

Sometimes I think maybe we're doing something wrong here in America.

One of the major reason I love Dim Sum in a Chinese community. I haven't done that in a while, I think I will this weekend :)

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
One of the major reason I love Dim Sum in a Chinese community. I haven't done that in a while, I think I will this weekend :)

Don't know how far it is for you, but Dynasty in Greenbrook on RT 22 is amazing. http://www.dynastim.com/

My uncle turned me onto Dim Sum. He lived in China for 2 years for work. Conversational in Mandarin. Nobody gets Chinese food in America like a middle aged white-guy who suddenly speaks the less common of major Chinese languages. I love going out to eat with him. He's also a certified sommelier of some sort, so that doesn't hurt either.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Don't know how far it is for you, but Dynasty in Greenbrook on RT 22 is amazing. http://www.dynastim.com/

My uncle turned me onto Dim Sum. He lived in China for 2 years for work. Conversational in Mandarin. Nobody gets Chinese food in America like a middle aged white-guy who suddenly speaks the less common of major Chinese languages. I love going out to eat with him. He's also a certified sommelier of some sort, so that doesn't hurt either.

That's not too far. I will check it out.

Your uncle sounds like an interesting guy.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
bring me a shrubbery

filename_2546356k.jpg

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
I live out that way and went by there the other day. Looks like Dynasty is out and some sort of Jazz club is going in. The sign was down and a "coming soon..." one was up.

Get out, really? Dynasty was awesome. Not very Americanized though, and considering the way that Greenbrook, Warren, etc. have been shifting, I'm not surprised.

Any idea of the name? I still like the jazz club idea. There's actually a Chinese restaurant/Jazz club in Madison called Shanghai Jazz. Wonder if it's the same? Lol

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Get out, really? Dynasty was awesome. Not very Americanized though, and considering the way that Greenbrook, Warren, etc. have been shifting, I'm not surprised.

Any idea of the name? I still like the jazz club idea. There's actually a Chinese restaurant/Jazz club in Madison called Shanghai Jazz. Wonder if it's the same? Lol

Hmmm well that stinks...

There is a really cool place in Edison right off of RT1. I can't remember the name of the place but last time I went there for dim sum my wife and I were the only non Chinese people in the room.

RandoDoomer

Apr 6, 2007
Bridgewater, NJ

I didn't catch the name. Just saw the word jazz in there. According to a comment on Dynasty's facebook page, they've been closed since December.

Too bad. Every time I drove by it I thought to myself that I need to check it out. Guess I missed my chance.

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
I didn't catch the name. Just saw the word jazz in there. According to a comment on Dynasty's facebook page, they've been closed since December.

Too bad. Every time I drove by it I thought to myself that I need to check it out. Guess I missed my chance.

I'm kind of upset I didn't get to go recently. It was not incredibly American-friendly. You have to know a little bit of their culture to understand their attitudes and the place. If you were open minded about it, it would have been a real treat.

But alas, too late now.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
fry him.

The other dude is pretty fried already. ;)

I like how the mom is refusing to believe her sons did it and even claims the entire thing was faked using "paint" then goes on to feel sorry for the victims. :loony:

Son: Yea I did it
Mom: My son is innocent!

I didn't know until today, but was reading an article in the NY Times and the kid who died first was shot and was eventually killed because his brother hit him with the stolen mercedes when he was escaping

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007

I didn't know until today, but was reading an article in the NY Times and the kid who died first was shot and was eventually killed because his brother hit him with the stolen mercedes when he was escaping

yeah if you saw the photos of him I think that large gash across his chest and burns were from getting run over/dragged. There were significant bullet holes too so he may have died anyways but little brother certainly sped things along.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003

I hadn't heard that...if it is true, that is great.

aboriginal

lou ****ing sucks
Mar 10, 2006
LV-426
i like the title of this tan. while im back in finland right now briefly, ive been taking the time to try as much microbrewery stuff as i can. some impressive stuff going on. the rules here are stupid and strict, but the finns are doing good work regardless. ive put up a **** ton on untappd. its pricey to try the things we cant get in ny, but its worth it for posterity. too bad these beers will never make it stateside because there were a good amount that would def carve a niche, or beat current brews. one day maybe. keep it up finnyland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad