OT: The Thread About Nothing Part 190: Terrorists, Wild Trout, Microbeers, and Stuff

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
yeah if you saw the photos of him I think that large gash across his chest and burns were from getting run over/dragged. There were significant bullet holes too so he may have died anyways but little brother certainly sped things along.

It's too bad hit head wasn't cut off after being hit, otherwise a fitting way for the ****er to go

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ

From what I hear it is very tourist friendly.

You would be too if you lived in a repressive Communist country, and a foreigner's generous tip could approximate 1 month's salary.

Interesting story.... I think I would like to be beaten by a beaver?

About 10 or 11 years ago I was fishing in Vermont and rounded a bit of a peninsula as I walking in the river. At EXACTLY the same time I rounded the tip of this bit of land jutting out of the river a large beaver was rounding it the other way. It was like the cornfield scene in E.T., and we scared the hell out of each other. He SMACKED the water with his tail so loud (that's how they escape/move fast) it sounded like a cannon blast. I'm very lucky he didn't attack me.

Guess WHO

Guess WHERE

She makes how many million per movie and that's the best quality artwork she can get?

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
i like the title of this tan. while im back in finland right now briefly, ive been taking the time to try as much microbrewery stuff as i can. some impressive stuff going on. the rules here are stupid and strict, but the finns are doing good work regardless. ive put up a **** ton on untappd. its pricey to try the things we cant get in ny, but its worth it for posterity. too bad these beers will never make it stateside because there were a good amount that would def carve a niche, or beat current brews. one day maybe. keep it up finnyland.

Cool post. They still make good metal bands also. :)

aboriginal

lou ****ing sucks
Mar 10, 2006
LV-426
Cool post. They still make good metal bands also. :)

thank them for angry birds as well haha. or not.

I like Finland. There's something no BS about the finns.

first time i met my current(as in now, not...for the time being haha) wife, was when i met her and her sister the very first time i traveled to finland. im sure u know how...well, small talk is not their forte. well when we went out to eat dinner and i was going on and on....u know, like normal people do at a restaurant with other people, her sister said with a straight face "do all americans talk this much?" i wasnt offended but i cracked up. of course my answer was yes. she felt bad, but it was funny. place was relatively silent save for the clanking of forks on plates, low volume music from the speakers and random brief convos from other tables. funny thing is, most finns go on forever when u get them drunk. cant shut them up :laugh:.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
About 10 or 11 years ago I was fishing in Vermont and rounded a bit of a peninsula as I walking in the river. At EXACTLY the same time I rounded the tip of this bit of land jutting out of the river a large beaver was rounding it the other way. It was like the cornfield scene in E.T., and we scared the hell out of each other. He SMACKED the water with his tail so loud (that's how they escape/move fast) it sounded like a cannon blast. I'm very lucky he didn't attack me.

They always used to put our fires out on the banks of the islands we'd stop and eat on in Canada. The first time it happened I thought someone was shooting at us.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Completely understand...

I've heard similar things about random people you don't know joining your table for dinner and partying all night. Sounds like an amazing place.

I feel like life just moves a bit slower in the Caribbean.

When I think of Cuba I think of the Buena Vista Social Club:

I like how the mom is refusing to believe her sons did it and even claims the entire thing was faked using "paint" then goes on to feel sorry for the victims. :loony:

I think this has something to do with the Chechen experience with the Russian government. They are used to being set up and labeled terrorists by the Russian government even when they are innocent, so they expect it from us too. So they start out looking for the conspiracy theory, and in their minds they find it, even when it's obvious the brothers are guilty. Confirmation bias at work.

I like Finland. There's something no BS about the finns.

proud-finland.jpg

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
What we (Cowbell and I) learned tonight:

English is not my forst language

I am woefully socially inept.

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
thank them for angry birds as well haha. or not.

first time i met my current(as in now, not...for the time being haha) wife, was when i met her and her sister the very first time i traveled to finland. im sure u know how...well, small talk is not their forte. well when we went out to eat dinner and i was going on and on....u know, like normal people do at a restaurant with other people, her sister said with a straight face "do all americans talk this much?" i wasnt offended but i cracked up. of course my answer was yes. she felt bad, but it was funny. place was relatively silent save for the clanking of forks on plates, low volume music from the speakers and random brief convos from other tables. funny thing is, most finns go on forever when u get them drunk. cant shut them up :laugh:.

My kind of place. My best days involve not saying a word to anyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad