OT: The Thread About Nothing Part 190: Terrorists, Wild Trout, Microbeers, and Stuff

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Freedom Tower spire was completed today making it the tallest building in the western hemisphere

When I was driving through Ramsey on 17 this morning, you can normally see the entire city, but because of the humidity and rain from yesterday, much of the skyline was not visible, but the Freedom tower was the only building that was

Found this pic, you can see how misty it was this morning

BJ6evw_CYAAsStv.jpg:large

1368194873-freedom-tower-1-world-trade-center-nears-completion_2038910.jpg

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Hey guys, my brother is going to San Jose in June. I ask him to buy some NJD stuff (you know, in Italy is not that easy to find some Official Puck

You should probably ask this question on the SJ Sharks board, as the locals will know what sports store is big enough to carry merchandise of all the NHL teams.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Second bottle of my Nugget hops IPA is significantly better than the first bottle. It might be the venison tender lions I'm having with it though?

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
It might be the venison tender lions I'm having with it though?

When I lived in VT my roommate's family would give us venison jerky each year. My God, it's like the Cadillac of jerky meat. I've never killed a deer, but I'd consider it just to have a supply.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
When I lived in VT my roommate's family would give us venison jerky each year. My God, it's like the Cadillac of jerky meat. I've never killed a deer, but I'd consider it just to have a supply.

It is unbelievably good if you know what you are doing with it.
I would say 90% of the red meat I eat I killed.
As my wife puts it, "we almost never eat cow in our household".

But it really isn't some sort of philosophical decision, it's just that much better.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
It is unbelievably good if you know what you are doing with it.
I would say 90% of the red meat I eat I killed.
As my wife puts it, "we almost never eat cow in our household".

But it really isn't some sort of philosophical decision, it's just that much better.

Maybe I'll shoot one this year for the meat. This being New Jersey, all you have to do is open up your bedroom window

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
HTH did I miss this? This is hysterical*.

*It's not about hockey, it only incidentally happens to be related to hockey

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto

yes im quoting myself......

what ****ing douches would spend the money to go up the tower elevator and eat at this ****hole.

80 bucks for a steak? the menu is validating my distain for the people that actually go about the day thinking this is a worthy night out.

but the restaurant spins around............i didnt even look at the booze prices.

(yes, im aware this is not the kind of place common people would go to....its still appalling when you think about it)

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
yes im quoting myself......

what ****ing douches would spend the money to go up the tower elevator and eat at this ****hole.

80 bucks for a steak?
the menu is validating my distain for the people that actually go about the day thinking this is a worthy night out.

but the restaurant spins around
............i didnt even look at the booze prices.

(yes, im aware this is not the kind of place common people would go to....its still appalling when you think about it)

I've eaten at revolving restaurants in Atlanta, New York City, and Niagara Falls, and I never paid $80 for a steak!

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
http://www.cntower.ca/en-CA/360-Restaurant/Reservations-and-Menus.html

steak and seafood link..... unless im missing something (like free ride up the tower and a comped BJ) this is nuts. :laugh:

Please note that elevation to 360 Restaurant and access to the LookOut and Glass Floor levels of the CN Tower, following your meal, are complimentary with the purchase of a main course by each guest.

Sounds to me the ride up is free at least.

I passed on eating there went I went up there though.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Sounds to me the ride up is free at least.

I passed on eating there went I went up there though.

at least they waive the ride price...they no doubt get it back on the alcohal.......but then again, im sure it cost alot to run and upkeep something like that tower (overhead costs)......

i guess ill say that it's not for me to eat there either. ive been up twice in my life.....once as kid....and once when i took my cousins from australia for the hell of it when older.

then again...... im sure they were thinking the same thing when some of our family when there and walked the sydney harbour bridge for too much money just to get a photo* and say that you did that. :laugh:

*its one of those tours that dont allow your own camera. yeah, cash grab to pay for their photos!

Last edited:

Jersey Man

Mad Dog
Oct 20, 2008
New York, NY
Freedom Tower spire was completed today making it the tallest building in the western hemisphere

When I was driving through Ramsey on 17 this morning, you can normally see the entire city, but because of the humidity and rain from yesterday, much of the skyline was not visible, but the Freedom tower was the only building that was

Found this pic, you can see how misty it was this morning

BJ6evw_CYAAsStv.jpg:large

1368194873-freedom-tower-1-world-trade-center-nears-completion_2038910.jpg

After my last final for the year I took a walk in the area, ended up close to the WTC and took a great picture. A lot of people including myself looking up.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
What's up with the gay bashing attacks lately in Manhattan. Police made arrests yesterday. One attack was next to MSG before a Knicks game.
The arrested will face many charges including hate crime.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
*its one of those tours that dont allow your own camera. yeah, cash grab to pay for their photos!

I've never heard of such a thing!

The arrested will face many charges including hate crime.

One of the worst laws we have. If it's a crime, it's a crime. If it's not a crime, it's not a crime. Setting up "special punishment" depending on whom the crime occurred to is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad