OT: The Thread About Nothing Part 190: Terrorists, Wild Trout, Microbeers, and Stuff

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
There are so many jokes I could go with right here... I don't even know where to begin.

I was heading here;

m5imTIO8Y5pkQ50yfWacAIjfYZZ.jpg

Jersey Man

Mad Dog
Oct 20, 2008
New York, NY
Happy to announce I have been offered and accepted an internship. It will be marketing/social media at the National Museum of the American Indian in NYC. I start next Wednesday and can't wait to start.

I will finally understand the true meaning of happy hour.

Baggy Spandex

The Nightman Cometh
Mar 5, 2008
Fake Rangerfanville
that $225 for a bottle is about $180 too much!

Seriously - buy a 10 year bottle and call it a day.

Do you have some? I hear it is impossible to get. Never tried it.

Never had it, no. There is a place in Mahopac, NY that currently has it on it's bourbon list.

The reason I ask is because I recently had a fantastic beer that sat in spent 23 year old Pappy barrels for about a year. It was unlike any barrel treatment I've ever had in a beer. Outstanding.

:edit: Whoa, sounds like it's kind of a big deal. The bourbon flavors and aroma that came off that beer was ****ing magical.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Happy to announce I have been offered and accepted an internship. It will be marketing/social media at the National Museum of the American Indian in NYC. I start next Wednesday and can't wait to start.

Congratulations.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009

Congratulations man sounds like a good experience.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ

I will finally understand the true meaning of happy hour

I used to live about a 3-wood from there (71 Broadway), not a lot of great Happy Hour places in the immediate area, though Ulysses on Stone Street is okay if you can tolerate the Goldman Sachs dbaggers. South Street Seaport barhopping can be fun too. And Jeremy's Ale House is the best dive bar in all of Manhattan, $5 for 32 ounce beers and the shanty sons-of-betches actually serve it to you in a Styrofoam cup.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010

congrats dudeski

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
i need a flask for the wedding this weekend

I still think they're crazy for making it a dry wedding.

Well done. Welcome to the working world.

Jersey Man

Mad Dog
Oct 20, 2008
New York, NY
Thank you everyone.

I used to live about a 3-wood from there (71 Broadway), not a lot of great Happy Hour places in the immediate area, though Ulysses on Stone Street is okay if you can tolerate the Goldman Sachs dbaggers. South Street Seaport barhopping can be fun too. And Jeremy's Ale House is the best dive bar in all of Manhattan, $5 for 32 ounce beers and the shanty sons-of-betches actually serve it to you in a Styrofoam cup.

My friend has a connection with the owner of Suspenders for potential free or heavily discounted drinks. I go to school in the area so I know pretty much which bars I like going to and I'm use to any crowd at this point.

One place on Stone Street I recommend is Growlers. Especially when the Wall St. crowd is gone.

Jersey Man

Mad Dog
Oct 20, 2008
New York, NY
just one more presentation and one final to go. this is the most spent i've ever felt after a semester.

Finishing up my paper which may go to 20 pages and I guess will study for the final. Both for marketing research which I hated and was completely wrong in liking it on day 1.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN

Congrats! So this sounds like a job you could do while say... fishing on a friday or possibly golfing and drinking. "Hang on, I gotta tweet something... *tap tap tap* Ok, who's ball we playing?" :laugh:

just one more presentation and one final to go. this is the most spent i've ever felt after a semester.

How much longer are you going to be a student?

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
nailed an interview yesterday, im pretty sure I have this job in the bag based on her comments to my manager. just have to follow it up with a nice 2nd next week and I should be good. great job, same company, better pay, working from home capabilities, just all around awesome. bad news, I have to play golf for this league on Tuesday :laugh:

TnT25

Mar 24, 2013
Milan
Hey guys, my brother is going to San Jose in June. I ask him to buy some NJD stuff (you know, in Italy is not that easy to find some Official Puck or stuff like this.

My answer is: is there a shop or something like that, that sell NJD stuff? Then, if you know, can you please tell me where? Thank you in advance :)

Baggy Spandex

The Nightman Cometh
Mar 5, 2008
Fake Rangerfanville
Hey guys, my brother is going to San Jose in June. I ask him to buy some NJD stuff (you know, in Italy is not that easy to find some Official Puck or stuff like this.

My answer is: is there a shop or something like that, that sell NJD stuff? Then, if you know, can you please tell me where? Thank you in advance :)

I'll trade you anything you want for housing in Italy :laugh:

Honestly though, I'm not sure as I live in NY. Although I guess maybe an option would be to order off the NHL store online and ship it to wherever he's staying in SJ if all else fails?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad