OT: The Thread About Nothing 203

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Sorry guys, looks like I'm stuck with it. The signature option is just completely gone. I can't change or delete it :/

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Sorry guys, looks like I'm stuck with it. The signature option is just completely gone. I can't change or delete it :/

It's still an option under settings/preferences to remove signatures. Not sure about avatars though.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
It's still an option under settings/preferences to remove signatures. Not sure about avatars though.

You can toggle whether or not you see signatures, but I no longer have the option to edit my signature or remove it altogether from what I can see. That's kind of annoying considering I was just messing around with random gifs and wasn't planning on sticking with this.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Ah. I stepped out to dinner.

I meant I edited the original post. It's kind of cool, cause it catches the eye a lot more than just a bold subject.

This is bad. I never tried this plugin before. I could be playing with it all night on different sites.

This is dangerous. I have a feeling I will be messing with this a lot.

Thanks though! Now unread threads have larger font and a different color!

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
You can toggle whether or not you see signatures, but I no longer have the option to edit my signature or remove it altogether from what I can see. That's kind of annoying considering I was just messing around with random gifs and wasn't planning on sticking with this.

I don't see a signature on your post at all and I have sigs enabled. Unless you're referring to the custom title underneath your avatar. But if you want to remove a signature or avatar just go to your screename displayed on the top right and find the tab in the dropdown menu. The custom title can also be changed in the dropdown under personal details.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I don't see a signature on your post at all and I have sigs enabled. Unless you're referring to the custom title underneath your avatar. But if you want to remove a signature or avatar just go to your screename displayed on the top right and find the tab in the dropdown menu. The custom title can also be changed in the dropdown under personal details.

Now do you see it? Also, yeah, the signature tab is totally gone from the dropdown menu. It just disappeared. I can't find any other menu from which to access it.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
Same here, haven't touched the setting but see no sigs. Might it have been disabled by default to help prepare for the bandwidth onslaught related to when the site was first coming back up?

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Odd. I see several posters with signatures, and toggling the visibility of the signatures off gets rid of them, but toggling it back on reveals them again.

Not that I think it necessarily matters, but what browser are you guys using?

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
On FF here too.

Is it possible the admins disabled the signatures menu recently? Can anyone add a sig now? It would explain why I can't add one.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Chrome...I'll try adding one for the heck of it.

Nope don't see it even after adding. Must be a gremlin.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Same here, haven't touched the setting but see no sigs. Might it have been disabled by default to help prepare for the bandwidth onslaught related to when the site was first coming back up?

It might have just been disabled, but it's odd that it seems some people can see the signatures already added but some can't.

I see the sigs on Firefox and Chrome.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Right... I'm thinking they disabled the menu option, so those who already set sigs have them permanently. Meanwhile, NJDevs26 may see the option because he's a mod.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Well I don't know what to tell ya, kicking this up to support but obviously it's gonna be backlogged with questions and issues lol

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Try double clicking your name at top right. A menu should open up on the left with sig in it.

I know where it is, I see it - the option isn't showing up for everyone else. But I can't seem to see signatures while everyone else can, but nobody else can seem to find the option to get rid of them where the tab is supposed to be on the top right dropdown.

Reactions: Chairman Maouth

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
I know where it is, I see it - the option isn't showing up for everyone else. But I can't seem to see signatures while everyone else can, but nobody else can seem to find the option to get rid of them where the tab is supposed to be on the top right dropdown.
The only sig I see on this and the last page is in post 365. Do you see mine? I see mine on my previous post on this page - same as old forum.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Yeah, I think I've navigated every menu and I can't find it. It is what it is. I'll get rid of it as soon as I'm able.

FWIW, I don't see a sig for you either NJDevs26

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad