OT: The Thread About Nothing 203

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Nah I took it off when I couldn't see it. Darkauron seeing it the minute I had it up is proof enough something's screwy with me too, since I'm not seeing the sigs everyone else is but nobody else has the dropdown menus I can see :P

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Actually now I'm seeing sigs lol, must have had to clear the tab when I changed my own settings.

If only I could figure out everyone else's issues with the menu that easily...

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
UnseenHand, I undid your sig with mod functions as far as I can tell. Hope the bug gets figured out though cause I don't want to do it for half the board lol

Reactions: TheUnseenHand

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
UnseenHand, I undid your sig with mod functions as far as I can tell. Hope the bug gets figured out though cause I don't want to do it for half the board lol

Thanks!

Now to continue to mess with Stylish to make the forum as aesthetically pleasing as possible.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
ive got many issues with this changeover

proving once again, there are too many idiuts in this world. this was not a one person idea; more like an on and on conversation about who the f*** knows what is the motive

better yet some mislead 'inspiration'

the axium of 'dont fix the unbroken' is rampant these days

now here we are left with nothing but a platter of shit placeyed on tableablets

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Honestly I think there are things that can be improved and things that are better about the new version, I don't think it's as black and white as saying it's clearly worse or it's clearly better.

Agreed. I think the problem is that the things that are worse (like needing sunglasses to read it) are pretty awful.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
For those of you using Stylish to make the forums readable again, BlazingBlueAnt has updated the code to take care of the Bold issue.

Just to summarize:
BlazingBlueAnt has released a way to improve the look of the forums using an add-on called Stylish.

Forum thread where he released it:
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/hfboards-software-update.2391629/page-2

Stylish add-on for Chrome:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...es-for/fjnbnpbmkenffdnngjfgmeleoegfcffe?hl=en

Stylish add-on for FireFox:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/stylish/

I don't use Chrome, but I can summarize how to install the style in Firefox. I expect it to be similar in Chrome:
1. Install the stylish add-on from the link above.

2. Go to the BBA HFBoards style web page and click on the Install button on the bottom right: https://userstyles.org/styles/148793/bba-hfboardsgo

3. In the menus, go to Tools->Add-ons. There should now be an option on the left called User Styles. Click on it.

4. Find the BBA HFBoards style and click the Enable button.

5. Enjoy the forums.

Also, if you're interested in hilighting threads with unread messages a bit better like I did, you can change their color:
1. Click the Edit button for the BBA HFBoards style
2. In the resulting window, search for ".unread". It's around line 212 in the current version, but he's may still be making changes.
3. In the .unread section, under the font-size line, you can add a new line like:
color: #44f4f4;
(don't forget the semi-colon at the end). This will change unread threads to teal.
4. Hit the Save button on the top left... done.

Let me know if I missed anything in the procedures and I'll edit this post.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Here's another solution I saw elsewhere for the board color background (also involving stylish), and this works fine for me on Chrome:

And btw it seems as if sigs have been temporarily disabled for users so that's why it isn't showing up for any of you.

Makes sense. A ton of gif sigs could make the forum pretty laggy.

If anyone hasn't tried stylish and is burning out their retinas, try it. It makes the forum so much nicer. I actually wanted to try and replicate the old color scheme, but I can't find a screen shot of the old forum.

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
Apparently I have been awarded a veteran trophy. I would like to thank all that have allowed me to achieve such a prestigious award. Thank you to the fellow posters and hockey fanatics for your unwavering support.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
ive got many issues with this changeover

proving once again, there are too many idiuts in this world. this was not a one person idea; more like an on and on conversation about who the **** knows what is the motive

better yet some mislead 'inspiration'

the axium of 'dont fix the unbroken' is rampant these days

now here we are left with nothing but a platter of shit placeyed on tableablets

wait we can say shit now? can we say f***? :eek::eek::eek::eek:? twat? cum guzzler? asshole?

edit: guess not. shit is better than nothing i guess

The Devil In I

Jun 28, 2005
NJ
Same here. Now I'm going to have to find some other way to waste time at work.:whatever:

Crisis averted, at least on my end. I tried seeing if my IT friend at work here could add an exception to the rule, but he couldn't do it...so I'd imagine the forum admins had seen the complaint enough that it's been fixed.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
Ok this just cracked me up because it's either new in the migration or I never noticed before, but were the gender choices under personal details always male, female, or.....metrosexual? :laugh:

KovalchukFistPump

Too lazy to change username
Dec 24, 2008
California
So two people quoted my post and I got a notification that led me right to the posts. Makes it much easier to casually post and to also post to multiple threads without wondering if anyone replied to you.

Functionality seems a lot better, I would still tinker with the look though.

Also again, I would recommend adding the option to not view avatars to make for safer procrastinating at work.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Anyone using the Stylish skin for Chrome having issues with all bolded threads or not distinguishing either way that you've read the updated threads? On my phone I have the original all white and it shows the threads with unread posts as bolded and the ones I read unbolded (the way it should be).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad