The Tank Megathread | 8 | The Tank Awakens

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Sadly there are still people who think if you get into the playoffs that anything can happen. And others who think 4 games of playoff experience is valuable for the kids (even though I bet you guys like McCann and Virtanen will likely be scratched anyway).

There's a word for those kind of people: Casual fans.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
According to TheScore Benning and Co will wait till Feb 20/21 to make a decision on whether or not we are buyers or sellers at the deadline. This makes me boil with rage. We are clearly not a playoff team. Our 3 games in hand on Colorado is giving our asinine manager some stupid notion that we may be able to make the playoffs.

The story I saw was about waiting a week or so before officially asking Hamuhuis to waive NTC, not that they think they will be buyers not sellers.

Lol Clendening, you j just undermined your argument.

I'll take a 1st, and better Canucks picks (ie a top 15 pick in 2015, a top 5 pick in 2016) and $4.5m extra in July 2016. Who knows I might even sign Sutter with that $4.5m..........

What does the 2nd paragraph have to do with Clendening?

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
According to TheScore Benning and Co will wait till Feb 20/21 to make a decision on whether or not we are buyers or sellers at the deadline. This makes me boil with rage. We are clearly not a playoff team. Our 3 games in hand on Colorado is giving our asinine manager some stupid notion that we may be able to make the playoffs.

You completely misunderstand it.
Feb 20/21 is their pro-scout meeting, when they decide what to do depends on the standing.
So basically, unless we go on a 8 game winning streaks, there's no chance we become buyer.

Win One Before I Die

Cautious Optimism
Jul 31, 2007
They should be shopping Vrbata and Hamhuis already.

If the Benning fails to dump those assets for prospects we will be setting ourselves back a year, probably even more.

This team is awful and if we get into the playoffs we will get absolutely embarrassed in the first round. Any team in the playoffs would pick the Canucks as a first round match up. Just end it now for the love of god.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
I would be concerned if Benning were the 1st out of the gate to make rental deals...would you rather he be the one to set the price or be the one to follow someone else setting the market value? Neither option instills much confidence really. lol

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
I would be concerned if Benning were the 1st out of the gate to make rental deals...would you rather he be the one to set the price or be the one to follow someone else setting the market value? Neither option instills much confidence really. lol

i want as much time as possible and if someone makes a solid offer take it. A last second deal will leave us with the Penguins 2 2nds or something at best.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Me too. As badly as I want a high draft talent, I like seeing our current young talent put up points. Still want them to lose 2-1 now.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
if benning decides to buy... fans should boycott and scream for his head. rather sell hamhuis/vrbata to playoff teams highest bidder will get their services and call up some utica kids to take their place. with 20games to go.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Vancouver
Probably figure they need to appease the casual fans because the diehards will always be there.

They're not wrong though as most fans are casual fans. They want the Canucks to make the playoffs and would lose interest if the team did poorly.

Vancouver is a very fickle sports market

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad