The Tank Megathread | 8 | The Tank Awakens

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Let's go one step further with that.

Worst case scenario:

Canucks trade 2016 1st round pick to Jets for F Andrew Ladd

Canucks finish 9th in Western Conference

Ladd walks at the end of the season

Jets win a lottery spot with the Canucks pick

#Benning
Or trades for Ladd, signs Ladd, misses playoffs. Ladd announces he was going to sign here as a UFA anyway.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Same here

I hope Benning understands the gravity of the situation. Should the hypothetical suggestion come to fruition, the entire Canucks fan base will quite literally want his head on a pike.

If we trade our 1st rounder this season I'm done (unless its a ridiculous fleecing but I'm more hopeful on winning the next powerball).

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
I love how we just make up hypothetically scenarios that would never happen and then get made at the non-hypothetical people for hypothetically doing them.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
I love how we just make up hypothetically scenarios that would never happen and then get made at the non-hypothetical people for hypothetically doing them.

You can't think of a single hypothetical scenario where we trade our first? Maybe you just need a better imagination.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
You can't think of a single hypothetical scenario where we trade our first? Maybe you just need a better imagination.

I can think of them, but I also know they won't happen. And I also won't get mad at Benning for me thinking of said scenarios.

dwarf

Feb 13, 2007
Victoria, B.C.
I hope neither the Sedins or the organization have their minds set on "never".

In 2 years when they are upcoming UFAs and likely at the end of the road, it might be worth it for both sides to give it a shot elsewhere. Whoever they are traded to would likely become the leading contender and the trade would return a butt-load of assets. I don't think the trade would be as difficult as some make it out to be as we could retain on both contracts and also take cap back (which will lead to an even larger return).

Playing for a different organization at the end won't hurt their legacy or standing in Vancouver one iota.

I completely agree. If we get anything of value back, it will only add to their legacies. Hopefully we do move the Sedins, once they become UFA eligible.

dwarf

Feb 13, 2007
Victoria, B.C.
I am hoping that the Canucks go full tank obviously. Here is my dream scenario.

I think they should try to move Miller, the same as they moved Luongo, and left the net to Lack in the Virtanen draft year.

We need to get some value out of Miller and this could be the time.

Moving Hamhuis and Vrbata are must moves, and we should also move Bartkowski, Cracknell and Vey. If we can get anything for Higgins, Prust or Weber, we should move them too.

We have Pedan and Subban who need to see more NHL ice. McCann sitting is just a waste of his development, and I feel he has way higher upside than Linden Vey.

I am hoping for draft picks in return for players. I am not seeing a cup window in the Sutter and older range. Just a whole lot of fail for about three years once the Sedins are gone. We need to build from the ground up, and draft a Center and a Dman in the top 3 of the draft. :handclap:

Love

Feb 29, 2012

Agreed, it's incredibly annoying.

This. Lets reserve our anger towards management for the actual stupid decisions that have been made, not the ones that might be made.

dwarf

Feb 13, 2007
Victoria, B.C.
This. Lets reserve our anger towards management for the actual stupid decisions that have been made, not the ones that might be made.

I am still very angry at trader Jim. His bad trades and signings have crippled this team.

However, hopefully he is learning to stop bleeding draft picks, and signing guys to inflated deals.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
I am still very angry at trader Jim. His bad trades and signings have crippled this team.

However, hopefully he is learning to stop bleeding draft picks, and signing guys to inflated deals.
Bad trades.....
I'm just curious does Sutter and Bae count as bad trades in your opinion?

dwarf

Feb 13, 2007
Victoria, B.C.
Bad trades.....
I'm just curious does Sutter and Bae count as bad trades in your opinion?

No the worst trades were basically, Garrison for Vey, and Kassian and a 5th, for Prust.

The jury is still out on the Sutter and Bae deals, but they could work out.

Gaunce4gm

Trusted Hockey Man
Dec 5, 2015
Victoria B.C.
According to TheScore Benning and Co will wait till Feb 20/21 to make a decision on whether or not we are buyers or sellers at the deadline. This makes me boil with rage. We are clearly not a playoff team. Our 3 games in hand on Colorado is giving our asinine manager some stupid notion that we may be able to make the playoffs.

dwarf

Feb 13, 2007
Victoria, B.C.
According to TheScore Benning and Co will wait till Feb 20/21 to make a decision on whether or not we are buyers or sellers at the deadline. This makes me boil with rage. We are clearly not a playoff team. Our 3 games in hand on Colorado is giving our asinine manager some stupid notion that we may be able to make the playoffs.

I am praying that it is just posturing to raise the value of his players. The longer you wait, the more you get in return.

If the Canucks decide to be buyers at this deadline, I can only hope fans decide to boycott the team. I don't know of a better suggestion, but if there is one I would be happy to hear it.

I know I am willing to pay and support a team that is losing now to win later. 45 years of no cups is pathetic. :rant:

y2kcanucks

Better than you
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I am praying that it is just posturing to raise the value of his players. The longer you wait, the more you get in return.

If the Canucks decide to be buyers at this deadline, I can only hope fans decide to boycott the team. I don't know of a better suggestion, but if there is one I would be happy to hear it.

I know I am willing to pay and support a team that is losing now to win later. 45 years of no cups is pathetic. :rant:

Sadly there are still people who think if you get into the playoffs that anything can happen. And others who think 4 games of playoff experience is valuable for the kids (even though I bet you guys like McCann and Virtanen will likely be scratched anyway).

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Yeah we'd be a much better team with Bonino and Clendenning.

Lol Clendening, you j just undermined your argument.

I'll take a 1st, and better Canucks picks (ie a top 15 pick in 2015, a top 5 pick in 2016) and $4.5m extra in July 2016. Who knows I might even sign Sutter with that $4.5m..........

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
We'd at least have more cap space going into the offseason by letting Bonino walk. We'd also still have Anaheim's 2nd round pick.

Cap space for who? A quality 3rd line center to take some pressure off of Horvat to allow him develop properly? That would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad