The Tank Megathread | 8 | The Tank Awakens

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Your point is correct obviously...but reading that I couldn't help but think a silver lining that at least Benning cannot bring in a stale veteran at the deadline.

Giving some credit to management, they are generally on a consistent path to get younger now.

Thats a silver lining, but I then look at not being able to afford to take a chance on a guy like Erhoff on Waivers because we don't have the cap space...

True they try to get younger by design or not and sometimes there methods are maddening, but I can see their thought process on getting younger even when it makes no sense. Like Keeping Miller instead of Lack to bring in Markstrom who is younger than Lack. I can see management saying look we got younger, when there was on obvious better option.

Desai87

Mar 27, 2008
With the new lottery system, teams basically get 3 shots to move up in the draft. Correct?

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
Thats a silver lining, but I then look at not being able to afford to take a chance on a guy like Erhoff on Waivers because we don't have the cap space...

True they try to get younger by design or not and sometimes there methods are maddening, but I can see their thought process on getting younger even when it makes no sense. Like Keeping Miller instead of Lack to bring in Markstrom who is younger than Lack. I can see management saying look we got younger, when there was on obvious better option.

Why would we want a fading veteran like Erhoff on a non playoff team? Would rather have a look at Pedan.

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
How will it affect management's perception of the trade deadline though? (It shouldn't IMO but my job isn't on the line.)

Win-Win situation now. Whole province wants Benning to sell, if he ****s it up people are going to want his head on a stick.

If he does the logical thing and sells, team gets some much needed assets.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Not sure what purpose Erhoff would serve. If the cap prevents Benning from make moves like that then I'm all for having no cap space. My only concern about the cap in the near horizon is it limiting our ability to take back bad contracts in a vet-for-prospect type deal. Of course the outgoing contract would open up room so it might not be a problem, but it also could limit the type of moves Benning can make.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Why would we want a fading veteran like Erhoff on a non playoff team? Would rather have a look at Pedan.

That's fair enough.

I was just trying to look at it with the team's goals in mind. It's how I try to judge things, even if sometimes I may not be successful at it.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
People already dislike him for some of the moves he has made. Imagine not trading Hamhuis and Vrbata and they miss the playoffs...

Let's go one step further with that.

Worst case scenario:

Canucks trade 2016 1st round pick to Jets for F Andrew Ladd

Canucks finish 9th in Western Conference

Ladd walks at the end of the season

Jets win a lottery spot with the Canucks pick

#Benning

Trelane

Feb 12, 2013
Salusa Secundus
Better trade Hamhuis and Vrbata before they get injured.

Right there with you. Actually, with Vrbata the concern is minimal since he doesn't go into melees or plays hard enough to risk injury to his precious tush. But with Hammer you never know and WD will be tempted to overplay him.

Hoping these injuries, not having a 2C and a top 1-3 D men for essentially the whole season, make not making the playoffs/tanking more palatable for management and ownership alike.

Make the trades, call up kids and let the chips fall where they may.

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
sorry boys, we will win the lottery again and embarrass ourselves for a 10th straight year :help:

At least its not the Leafs... I hope they never win anything because their fans as already annoying as hell. Could you imagine if they actually had something to be annoying about.....

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
I have nothing but love for Erhoff, but 2011 is long gone.

Erhoff is a shell of a shell. Comparing 2016 Erhoff to 2011 Erhoff, is like comparing 2008 Linden to 1994 Linden (yes - it's THAT bad).

#NoToErhoff

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Let's go one step further with that.

Worst case scenario:

Canucks trade 2016 1st round pick to Jets for F Andrew Ladd

Canucks finish 9th in Western Conference

Ladd walks at the end of the season

Jets win a lottery spot with the Canucks pick

#Benning

I literally got angry reading this. I would lose my **** if anything close to this happened.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
I literally got angry reading this. I would lose my **** if anything close to this happened.

Same here

I hope Benning understands the gravity of the situation. Should the hypothetical suggestion come to fruition, the entire Canucks fan base will quite literally want his head on a pike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad