OT: The Soccer Football Thread (USA, RBNY, PL, etc.)

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
are you calling me an idiot? if you are, thats fine.....im just confused reading your post.
No. I’m mocking the moron on the main board who posted the thread about NJ’s early season success being annoying and some sort of cosmic mistake since NJ is supposed to be a perpetually bad team and the fans are too arrogant now or something along those lines. Your post about the Morocco fans whistling as being annoying just made me think of that thread. I realize you were saying something different and you are far from a moron. I was just amusing myself. Always remember I’m the old man yelling at the cloud. Just assume I’m being aimless and pointless if what I post makes no sense it’s because it doesn’t.

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
If Morocco beats France then im all in on team Morocco. The first world cup in Africa is more important than another cup in Europe/LatAm.

Ive been rooting for France since 1998, actively as of 2002.

Reactions: My3Sons

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
France does have some really sharp uniforms even with the domestic bird motif.
Yeah, they look great! Probably the best in the tournament. Also liked the Brazil uniform, such a classic but a weirdly bright outfit. Works well when the stadium is full of fans in yellow.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
There's no way Morocco beats France. Sure the French are missing some of their best players but its still a lot better team than Spain or Portugal.

Besides, Pogba is washed up and Kante has not been getting starting nods that often either in Chelsea, they got decent replacements for those two.

Tchuoumeni was always gonna be Pogba's replacement but the guy is still pretty young, today's game was a perfect example where he scored a gorgeous goal but then fouled England leading to the Kane PK goal. He's still young to have expected a lot of him from this tournament. The French are still good but after the Euro 2020 disaster + the injuries they were coming in with, it's still impressive that they're this far. Not to mention what's happened to the last 2 World Cup winners in the group stages.

Reactions: Capt Nico Poo

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Croatia-Morocco would either be the highest rated WC Final of all time or the lowest lol

Argentina-France...boy as much as I don't want to see just two bluebloods in the end again that'd be a juicy matchup, especially after their scoreathon knockout round game in '18.

Last edited:

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
Tchuoumeni was always gonna be Pogba's replacement but the guy is still pretty young, today's game was a perfect example where he scored a gorgeous goal but then fouled England leading to the Kane PK goal. He's still young to have expected a lot of him from this tournament. The French are still good but after the Euro 2020 disaster + the injuries they were coming in with, it's still impressive that they're this far. Not to mention what's happened to the last 2 World Cup winners in the group stages.
I agree but i think also a good analogy here is the latest Pens' cup team. A winning veteran core, a tad injured (no Letang) but still won the cup.

France still got that core. Griezmann is the MVP on the field every day. Without him i'd side with you, but he is the Messi of that team. Its an A- roster for the French imo, not C+.

Personally i dont like Benzema. Id play Giroud over him anyway.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Speaking of the US, guess it turned out Gio Reyna's a silver spoon brat and that's why he didn't play more

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
Yeah saw that about Reyna. Hopefully a learning experience for him, but man. If you can't lock it in at the freaking world cup, what are you doing in training for your club or in the middle of your offseason?

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008

Gio’s response.

In the initial reporting I thought he was benched for the slacking but he was apparently benched and then slacked. Not a good look for Gio but also a seemingly poor decision from Berhalter.

Also, this leaking seems likely it came from Berhalter’s camp to try to bolster Berhalter’s chance to stay manager at the expense of Gio’s reputation (even if Gio earned it).

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
If Morocco beats France then im all in on team Morocco. The first world cup in Africa is more important than another cup in Europe/LatAm.

Ive been rooting for France since 1998, actively as of 2002.

I think Morocco winning would be a fun Cinderella story, but if they don't get past France, then I kind of want to see Argentina win so Messi gets his World Cup win.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Grant's wife said he had an aneurysm and nothing suspicious about his passing...

"An autopsy was performed by the New York City Medical Examiner’s Office. Grant died from the rupture of a slowly growing, undetected ascending aortic aneurysm with hemopericardium. The chest pressure he experienced shortly before his death may have represented the initial symptoms. No amount of CPR or shocks would have saved him. His death was unrelated to COVID. His death was unrelated to vaccination status. There was nothing nefarious about his death."

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Grant's wife said he had an aneurysm and nothing suspicious about his passing...

"An autopsy was performed by the New York City Medical Examiner’s Office. Grant died from the rupture of a slowly growing, undetected ascending aortic aneurysm with hemopericardium. The chest pressure he experienced shortly before his death may have represented the initial symptoms. No amount of CPR or shocks would have saved him. His death was unrelated to COVID. His death was unrelated to vaccination status. There was nothing nefarious about his death."
It’s gratifying that an autopsy was done and this story can be dropped. Let the poor family grieve and have some closure.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I'm sick of the Messi win a cup talk, gives me ptsd from Ray Bourque. Hope France takes it. There hasn't been a repeat world cup winner since Brazil in 58 and 62. Been a few winners who went to the finals and lost in the next world cup since then. Brazil won 94 lost 98 final. Argentina won 86 lost 90 final.

• Love
Reactions: njdevils1982

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad