OT: The Soccer Football Thread (USA, RBNY, PL, etc.)

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
I picture Japan celebrating in their locker room with the Dragon Quest theme blasting.

Now because Japan played lots of Japanese videogame music at the Olympics people think they play it at every sporting event. :D

Are they freezing that player’s rear end or covering it with powdered sugar?
its freezing stuff, I wish there was someone out there as dedicated to my butt as that trainer right there.😥

My favorite park is the other player coming in at the end to take a peek at whats happening. Quite the Voyeur!

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
holy shit.

i stopped watching after 4-0 earlier ..... and spain gets 3 more?! news to me.

One of the most dominant games I've ever seen. Costa Rica didn't even a shot, not just no shots on goal, no shots, period.

This is the issue with expanding from 32 to 48 teams too, there will end up being more games like this.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
One of the most dominant games I've ever seen. Costa Rica didn't even a shot, not just no shots on goal, no shots, period.

This is the issue with expanding from 32 to 48 teams too, there will end up being more games like this.

i was having this conversation earlier with my friend. i think the 48 team format will have divisions of 3 teams instead.....

if anything it would get italy in..... and more fringe teams

i digress. its 2022

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
i was having this conversation earlier with my friend. i think the 48 team format will have divisions of 3 teams instead.....

if anything it would get italy in..... and more fringe teams

i digress. its 2022

Yup I read groups of 3 as well so only 2 guaranteed games for each country that's in. I'm absolutely going to the US games when they play here in 2026. Gonna cost a stupid amount but I'm realistically never going again so eff it lol

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Yup I read groups of 3 as well so only 2 guaranteed games for each country that's in. I'm absolutely going to the US games when they play here in 2026. Gonna cost a stupid amount but I'm realistically never going again so eff it lol

i saw romania - switzerland in detroit silverdome '94..... there was an actual indoor grass pitch brought in with forklifts .... honeycomb like puzzle pieces put together.

the venue was only used for the round robin stage.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Shit result this morning because of the Wales keeper getting a red. Could have used that 0-0 draw and instead Iran got a 2-0 win.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Shit result this morning because of the Wales keeper getting a red. Could have used that 0-0 draw and instead Iran got a 2-0 win.
Eh either way the US was going to need a win against Iran regardless. The only shit result would have been a Wales win cause then it’d come down to goal difference if the US ‘only’ beat Iran. At least this way they control their own destiny with a win barring Wales beating England

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Eh either way the US was going to need a win against Iran regardless. The only shit result would have been a Wales win cause then it’d come down to goal difference if the US ‘only’ beat Iran. At least this way they control their own destiny with a win barring Wales beating England

With a 0-0 draw could have got in with a draw vs England and a draw vs Iran with England beating Wales.

You're totally right they really should get at least 1 win either way but I hate having options to advance taken away, especially when it was so close to a 0-0 draw.

I'm hoping they surprise us and beat England. Been enough upsets already so far that it's definitely possible.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
A good result but it's not gonna mean shit if they can't find a way to beat Iran...the US always seems to rise up against better nations in World Cups though, and come a cropper against pygmys (exhibit A, the draw with Italy in 2006 followed by the loss to Ghana).

It would have been interesting to see how the tiebreaker worked out if Wales had gotten the scoreless draw with Iran...then both teams would have been even on everything. I'd hate to have had the next round tiebreaker come down to yellow cards or some shit like that though.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
A good result but it's not gonna mean shit if they can't find a way to beat Iran...the US always seems to rise up against better nations in World Cups though, and come a cropper against pygmys (exhibit A, the draw with Italy in 2006 followed by the loss to Ghana).

It would have been interesting to see how the tiebreaker worked out if Wales had gotten the scoreless draw with Iran...then both teams would have been even on everything. I'd hate to have had the next round tiebreaker come down to yellow cards or some shit like that though.
At least the US players will have some confidence going into Tuesday

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Only 2 shots on goal in 2 games isn't good enough.

That last free kick was an absolute embarrassment. No idea what the thinking was there, put the damn ball in the box.

I hope they get it done on Tuesday but I'm definitely not confident.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
I’m kind of glad of glad that collusion scenario from two teams that are actually the same country is out of play.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
I was surprised by how well organised USA were last night. England were shit (in particular Mason Mount), but the USA made it very hard to get any flow going.

That said, we should have won this game and I was mad last night. England played like they could get by on talent alone, need to respect the opponent. Maybe the occasion got to their heads.

Reactions: My3Sons

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto

"you have the tongue, do you have the balls"

8BD69E8B-371A-4C25-8A67-DFD83F031570.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Clam Jensen

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo