OT: The Soccer Football Thread (USA, RBNY, PL, etc.)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Perhaps on the DM front. But fullback/wingback I don’t see it. I think GGG likes that he is comfortable playing in both a 2 CB and 3 CB formation. I think Acosta is fullback depth before Long is.
Agreed. I think wing back would be a stretch but I think he may be an internal chart as a final DM slot; a slot they never plan to use so better to fill it with someone whose real contribution happens at another position.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Who could imagined the defense would be absolute shit at clearing on defense with Aaron Long except literally everyone

The entire team played like absolute dog shit besides Turner. The midfielders were straight up passing the ball to Japan. I have no confidence in this team to make it out of the group stage no matter who is in the lineup.

Last edited:
Reactions: Devils731

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
The entire team played like absolute dog shit besides Turner. The midfielders were straight up passing the ball to Japan. I have no confidence in this team to make it out of the group stage no matter who is in the lineup.
Ya. A real disheartening performance.

When almost all the players are turning it over it’s hard to pinpoint where the problems are because they’re everywhere.

Hopefully the team would have made different adjustments in a competitive match while they tried to play through the press today as a learning exercise. I don’t have a lot of confidence that this is the case.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Another uninspired performance, can't even score a goal with nobody in the stands and no pressure. Have absolutely no confidence in this team to do anything in the world cup.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Gonna be interesting to see what this means for the Red Bulls going forward. Rumors have been that the only reason the F1 and soccer teams exist is because it was his interest. Can easily see them being sold off now...

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
just heard that there will be no alcohol sold in the stadiums in qatar

wow

Unless you're part of the super vip elite status then you can have booze.

I wonder what the real numbers are of people who actually paid to go to this world cup are. Gotta imagine it's the lowest amount in a very long time...

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I have to imagine the brewers that are big FIFA sponsors are none too happy about the decision to ban alcohol. And therefore FIFA can't be happy about it either.

I guess Qatar is doing this bait and switch shit because they have FIFA by the shorthairs. What are they going to do? Find a different country to host now? Try to sue in Qatar? Good luck with that.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I have to imagine the brewers that are big FIFA sponsors are none too happy about the decision to ban alcohol. And therefore FIFA can't be happy about it either.

I guess Qatar is doing this bait and switch shit because they have FIFA by the shorthairs. What are they going to do? Find a different country to host now? Try to sue in Qatar? Good luck with that.
FIFA can cry about all the money they’re losing on beer sales right on top of the dirty money they took to steer the WC to Qatar in the first place

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Just learned the other day the the US keeper is the brother of one of my coworkers. How freaking cool is that?

pretty cool, good luck

personally it's a bit disappointing having croatia end up having canada in the same group (F)... now, dont get me wrong, im 100% backing croatia but it would be nice if canada had a better draw other then croatia and belgium to deal with. oh well.....thats why theres a draw for placement

i dont hate canada soccer like i despise canada hockey...would be nice to see some of the years of progress pay off some time

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad