Player Discussion The Slaf Thread - Parabolic Growth Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
Does anyone actually hate Gallagher? He gave it all for this team, not good fault he was given a massive contact at the very moment his game declined.

There's a ton who hate him on here, it's befuddling to me, the hate is misplaced, it belongs to Bergevin. (for the contract)

I'll always appreciate Gallagher's effort's as a hab, he still battles hard to this day despite his failing body.

He deserves more respect imo.

Last edited:

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
There's a ton who hate him on here, it's befuddling to me, the hate is misplaced, it belongs to Bergevin. (for the contract)

I'll always appreciate Gallagher's effort's as a hab, he still battles hard to this day despite his failing body.

Me and my homies do understand that Bergevin is responsible for that albatross of a contract. We have plenty of hate towards Bergevin. But that doesn’t absolve Gallagher from being an annoying player and person in general throughout the years.

From the moment he, as a young player, and human ragdoll Josh Gorges publicly yapped about Subban holding off on his bridge deal, I lost a vast amount of respect towards him.

He also wilfully signed a cheap contract years ago and then made the negotiations public when Bergevin seemed not to want to hand out a compensatory type of contract. When Bergevin caved in, that was his mistake. But Gallagher came off as entitled. Just like his play on the ice, he martyrs himself and then complains when nobody cares.

We are now subjected to his painful and laborious performance on the ice. I respect his work ethic, but I don't feel bad for him.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Many folks compare Slaf to Rantanen as their size and style appear similar.
Rantanen drafted in 2015 played 9 games in the NHL and 52 games in the AHL during his first Pro season in NA.
The following season he played 4 AHL games then made the jump with a 75 game season with Colorado where he scored 20 G and 18 A while being a -25.
Slaf scored his 38th point last night as a teenager in his 68th game.
Slaf is the only reason I still watch games this late in the season. He has I believe a 6 game point streak and has an outside shot at 50 points.
Now we see why he was picked 1st overall.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Does anyone actually hate Gallagher? He gave it all for this team, not good fault he was given a massive contact at the very moment his game declined.

Yes, I hate him and plenty of my friends hate him too.

Whiney little bitch, jealous of Subban, all his dirty antics on the ice towards goaltenders, crying to referees on every play.. he's just annoying and not likeable at all.

He's a shit sniffer too, searching his name out on Twitter and blocking people who would say anything against him as a player.

He just sucks. Those comments about PK when he came back were so salty, you could cure a million fish.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Man, I love how he's picking up points in so many different ways: sniping goals, tipping goals, cleaning up loose rebounds, breakout passes, cross-seam passes, one-touch passes, cycling the puck.

He's slowly getting there. It's amazing how much poise he has.

I thought a 10-15g, 30pt-35pt season would have been a great step forward. He's about to hit 40pts and already has 15g. If not for that bad stretch where Anderson literally couldn't score a goal in an empty soccer net, I think Slaf would be pushing 50pts at this time of the year.

Wild wild stuff.

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022

Same bro he's a shithead with no quit. Will always appreciate those guys.

He's fine on the 4th line for now

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
He wasn’t having a good game yesterday, wasn’t moving his feet as much as normal but he found a way to score a goal. That’s amazing!
He had a horrible game for two periods.
But as Andy said you have to be pleased with the garbage goal for where he was positioned if not for any thing else.
I'd love to see him do more of that on the PP.
Suzuki does it when he's working with Slaf on that side.
Slaf the bigger body would be far more effective.
A sign of a good player is how they can come out of nowhere to produce even when they are clearly not on.
We saw much of that with Suzuki early on in his career which was why I was always convinced we had a PPG player in our midst.
We just needed to surround him properly. I went even further than that and said it's a fail if we don't.

MarioLeMoose

Jul 15, 2022
Yes, I hate him and plenty of my friends hate him too.

Whiney little bitch, jealous of Subban, all his dirty antics on the ice towards goaltenders, crying to referees on every play.. he's just annoying and not likeable at all.

He's a shit sniffer too, searching his name out on Twitter and blocking people who would say anything against him as a player.

He just sucks. Those comments about PK when he came back were so salty, you could cure a million fish.
Honestly, couldn't agree more. He is flat out embarrassing himself more and more each game. All he does is is cry and whine out there, and people confuse that with "heart"

The fact his contract is one of the worse in the league is added salt in the wounds, but far from the only reason people hate on the guy. I cannot wait until he is gone from this team.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Many folks compare Slaf to Rantanen as their size and style appear similar.
Rantanen drafted in 2015 played 9 games in the NHL and 52 games in the AHL during his first Pro season in NA.
The following season he played 4 AHL games then made the jump with a 75 game season with Colorado where he scored 20 G and 18 A while being a -25.
Slaf scored his 38th point last night as a teenager in his 68th game.
Slaf is the only reason I still watch games this late in the season. He has I believe a 6 game point streak and has an outside shot at 50 points.
Now we see why he was picked 1st overall.
Didn't you turn it off before he scored? :sarcasm:

Kidding aside I totally agree. I'm fascinated with the chemistry he's building up with Nick Suzuki.
The timing is still off on some plays but he's learning to dish when his line-mates are in space.
He's also learning it's far more likely he'll get a puck back from Suzuki.

Reactions: Pomee

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Didn't you turn it off before he scored? :sarcasm:

Kidding aside I totally agree. I'm fascinated with the chemistry he's building up with Nick Suzuki.
The timing is still off on some plays but he's learning to dish when his line-mates are in space.
He's also learning it's far more likely he'll get a puck back from Suzuki.
Highlights! 🤣

rik schau

Peeping has perks. lol
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
My hate for him is limited to his guts. lol

He wasn’t having a good game yesterday, wasn’t moving his feet as much as normal but he found a way to score a goal. That’s amazing!
Good things happen when you go to the net.

• Haha
Reactions: Pomee and TRG

TesseractPrice

Aug 1, 2019
Slaf is like a zero-stress young player as a fan. His development has an air of ineluctability whereas it feels other prospects needed or need some form of star alignment to become star players

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Me and my homies do understand that Bergevin is responsible for that albatross of a contract. We have plenty of hate towards Bergevin. But that doesn’t absolve Gallagher from being an annoying player and person in general throughout the years.

From the moment he, as a young player, and human ragdoll Josh Gorges publicly yapped about Subban holding off on his bridge deal, I lost a vast amount of respect towards him.

He also wilfully signed a cheap contract years ago and then made the negotiations public when Bergevin seemed not to want to hand out a compensatory type of contract. When Bergevin caved in, that was his mistake. But Gallagher came off as entitled. Just like his play on the ice, he martyrs himself and then complains when nobody cares.

We are now subjected to his painful and laborious performance on the ice. I respect his work ethic, but I don't feel bad for him.
He also can't make a pass for the life of him , never liked the guy because of that . He encompasses perfectly the identity of the habs in the 21st century , try hard middle 6 players with minimum puck skills

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
He also can't make a pass for the life of him , never liked the guy because of that . He encompasses perfectly the identity of the habs in the 21st century , try hard middle 6 players with minimum puck skills
I'm still shocked at how bad our execution is team wide. Particularly when we are under the gun which we usually are.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
and minimum hockey IQ/vision.

Reactions: Pomee

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

Very well said Skip.

Therrien made him a grinder...................for life!!
Now he struggles to not fall on his butt.
The contract is disgusting, but that is more Bergevin and the Gong Show.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad