Player Discussion The Slaf Thread - Parabolic Growth Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
pierre-mcguire-corn-dog.gif

I think you’ve just inspired my new username lol

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
A few months back I got into this twitter back and forth with Marc Dumont about Slafkovsky…he was going on and on and posted his player card that said he was tracking to be “the next Jason Weimer”.

So I challenged him on it, he got personal…so I responded in kind, he blocked me lol

Are you the king a zamunda? Found it lol

3 more points to reach Joe Thornton !

Heffyhoof

So happy to be glad to be pleased to meet you.
Jan 17, 2016
A few months back I got into this twitter back and forth with Marc Dumont about Slafkovsky…he was going on and on and posted his player card that said he was tracking to be “the next Jason Weimer”.

So I challenged him on it, he got personal…so I responded in kind, he blocked me lol

Would love see what his fancy player cards are telling him he's tracking towards now lol

Sorry but that guy is a clown.
This will out me as a caveman, but there is no way on God's green Earth that I'm listening to a guy that looks like he still gets shoved into lockers when it comes to hockey. Doesn't hurt that he's a number lover too. Oddly enough a number of similarly describable writers at Eotp usually sit in their own comments section and get really butt-hurt too.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Are you the king a zamunda? Found it lol

3 more points to reach Joe Thornton !

I will neither confirm nor deny that

Is Dumont the internet video analytics guy who did videos on Habs players before he got that job? Like he was Dave St. Louis before Dave was on the scene. Is that the guy?
Yeah those corny ass videos that were so cringe the super conservative Habs organization said that was enough.

Last edited:

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Props to @Goldenhands who told us that Slaf would reach 40 points this season, even when he was mightily struggling, months later, here we are... :clap:
TBH when Dach got hurt for the whole season, I started to doubt about that prediction... :laugh:

But the kid managed to keep working hard and when he got his chance on the top line, he grabbed it and the rest is history.

We are blessed to have a such player on the team, props to our management who had the balls to make that pick, in our building, in front of the fans when Wright was largely the favorite. It shows alot of confidence and courage in their convictions, we are in great hands, future is bright for the fans and the franchise, we can finally start to dream big again!!

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I really wish he would impose himself more physically on the forecheck and punish players into the boards.
I too would like to see him develop that part of his game. That's the thing about Slaf. There are so many areas of improvement or facets of this game that are under-developed. Its scary how good he will be when it all comes together. The ceiling on Slaf is really high.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Slaf played with Caufield and Dvorak around the end of november for a couple of games, i thought he connected pretty well with CC.

Joined Suzuki and Caufield december 4th against the Kraken. So he’s been with them 44 games now, more than half the season. I remember they were looking very good but were very much snakebitten and didn’t produce the first few games. If we obviously count those games anyway he has 30 points in 44 games.
He was fantastic with CC and set him up repeatedly- right on the tape. Unfortunately CC was/is slumping and didn’t convert.

There's a ton who hate him on here, it's befuddling to me, the hate is misplaced, it belongs to Bergevin. (for the contract)

I'll always appreciate Gallagher's effort's as a hab, he still battles hard to this day despite his failing body.

He deserves more respect imo.
Definitely.

Got off to a great start this season too. But he just doesn’t have the endurance. There are a lot of miles on him. But I’ll always respect him for the effort he gave. The contract is too long and costly but that’s certainly not his fault.

Youre starting to see teams cheating on him on the pp, both him and Caufield now. An adjustment needs to be made, but I’m not holding my breath.
I feel like they should move Caufield to the point. This would give him more time and space. I like Slaf where he is. He’s been really good at wiring shots from the circle.

Props to @Goldenhands who told us that Slaf would reach 40 points this season, even when he was mightily struggling, months later, here we are... :clap:
@Goldenhands took much abuse pre-draft and since. Definitely deserves the props.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
If I am not mistaken, he has tied the habs record for the most points as a teenager. He has until Saturday to get one more point to break the record,

Reactions: Pomee and 417

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
If I am not mistaken, he has tied the habs record for the most points as a teenager. He has until Saturday to get one more point to break the record,
Indeed...1 more point before his birthday on Saturday.

Kind of an odd "record" but still cool nonetheless

Reactions: Pomee

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
The more Slaf becomes a threat on the PP, the more Caufield will nail his one-timers.
Not really.
Not unless Suzuki also sets up on that right side.
It was so evident the other night when Caufield was given the entire left side to move around in.
Suzuki being there only brings more focus to that side and gives Caufield less space to work with.
I want the complete opposite for my sniper...

The only two one time attempts came when Suzuki and Slaf were working that right side.
The Habs are fixated on that left side because that had some success with it over a month ago.
The PP has been on a steady decline ever since.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pomee

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

Would love see what his fancy player cards are telling him he's tracking towards now lol

Sorry but that guy is a clown.
Why Jason Weimer? Maybe my memory is letting me down but i don't recall Weimer being a big guy. Skills aside Slafkovsky possesses tools Weimer did not have.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Why Jason Weimer? Maybe my memory is letting me down but i don't recall Weimer being a big guy. Skills aside Slafkovsky possesses tools Weimer did not have.
Weimer was a fairly big guy, not as big as Slafkovsky...but yes, that's who he was telling him that he was trending towards in his player model.

Wonder what it's telling him today.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
It's starting to look like Suzuki & Slafkovsky as the top duo for the team. No disrespect at all to CC, he's been eclipsed a bit because both Suzuki+Slaf can control the game and slow it down and Caufield has to keep the tempo up to be successful and is more of a "big moments out of nothing" kind of star. They all complement one another well, but the more I watch the more its clear that Slafkovsky is probably the only player in the org who has a chance of surpassing Suzuki in impact.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad