Player Discussion The Slaf Thread - Parabolic Growth Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
There is a new thread on him on the main boards. Started by a Sens fan if you can believe that.

@waitin425 don't miss it!
Skeletor-until-we-meet-again-meme-6.jpg

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I don't want to mention names and some I forgotten but I felt there were plenty other posters being legit trolls on this thread with far more bad faith than @ReHabs imo.

I definitely know one who dug in quite hard and was very silly who just vanished like a puff of smoke.
It was embarassing for everyone, the way some dug in hard, on selecting Slaf, and then having an injury to derail his first year.
Glad for the kid, and the team that he proved the haters wrong.......................and as you say, poof, and they are gone...........and toally agree, Rehabs was beyond at times, he was also easy to chat with wbout it too.................he just would not let go.................I started to think he was Bergevin.

No one seems to know where our friend went? Maybe it was MB!! LOL

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
The only Slaf debate now is "How High Can He Fly?"
I don't see regression being a real possibility in his case because he's starting to do so many things well.
He's a fun goofball and I don't see him getting a Fat Head which is one of the few thing that can derail him.

Reactions: tazsub3 and jaffy27

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
I have to say that he's impressing me more and more each time I see him play. such a strong board presence and good hockey sense. you can see that he's now playing with some confidence. I hope he keep this up and does not fall into the "over confident" mode.

Reactions: Pomee

Jaaanosik

Nov 9, 2014
And at the end of the day, Cooley may in fact turn out to be the better player. Hell, Wright might turn out to be the best player from that draft.

It’s far too early to know.
Better player? What are the UoM (Units of Measure)?
Evaluations, comparisons, ... are useless without UoM.

Reactions: badfish

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
There’s another guy who might wind up being the best.
It’s hard to get a reading on young defenseman because they have a much longer development curve. But Nemec looks good given his age. But the more I watch Slafkovsky, the more I understand the pick. And funny, the more I watch Cooley who was my guy when Wright started falling off, the more I understand why they passed on him as a center. But these guys are still in their D-2 so lots of time to get a virdict. Not that it matters as long as Slaf becomes an effective NHLer.

Reactions: stastny12

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
It’s hard to get a reading on young defenseman because they have a much longer development curve. But Nemec looks good given his age. But the more I watch Slafkovsky, the more I understand the pick. And funny, the more I watch Cooley who was my guy when Wright started falling off, the more I understand why they passed on him as a center. But these guys are still in their D-2 so lots of time to get a virdict. Not that it matters as long as Slaf becomes an effective NHLer.
I am very happy with Slaf. I’m also ecstatic about Hutson. Especially considering we traded Kulak for that pick and got him late in the second round.

With Beck, Engstrom and Mesar… that has the potential to be as good or better than the 2007 draft.

Reactions: jaffy27

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
The only Slaf debate now is "How High Can He Fly?"
I don't see regression being a real possibility in his case because he's starting to do so many things well.
He's a fun goofball and I don't see him getting a Fat Head which is one of the few thing that can derail him.
He seems to respect and understand the status he’s been given in Slovakia. He wasn’t phased when there was a strong reaction by the Habs fanbase on his selection at 1. He was fully aware that his early struggles were normal for a player his age. He’s quite mature and emotionally intelligent.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Can't make plays, no vision, no IQ. Extremely concerning especially considering we missed the Wright choice.

Besides, he is just leeching off Caufield now. How do his numbers compare to Anderson when he was on the first line, huh? Huh? I'm sure they are nowhere near as good considering Anderson's superior vision, IQ and playmaking ability.
f***ing fantastic post!

Leto

Feb 16, 2023
I might have to buy my first jersey since Kovalev.... But I'll wait i ain't jinxing it , but I think this kid is HIM

I bought a blank away jersey made it into a Slaf jersey mid-November, no regrets from my end. I am keeping a blank home jersey for my next Russian savior Ivan Demidov :naughty:.

Doesn't Pasta use this stick?

If GearGeek is to be believed, Pastrnak did test it in training camp but didn't use it in-season. Caufield does use the same stick, but in black-red coloring.

Reactions: Deebs

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
Debatable IMO...production is often circumstantial and depends on many factors which aren't in an individual player's control.

Perfect example, Slafkovsky isn't playing all that much different than he was earlier in the season, it's just alot of what he's doing now is ending up in production, he's also playing with consistent linemates, he's got more PP time, better deployment all together.

The sign of high IQ, IMO, is not the consistency in production...the sign of the high IQ is consistently doing all of the things on the ice that lead to production or not (aka the "process"). That part, he's in full control of and kudos to him because he's been as consistent a player on this team for the last 40ish games as anyone not named Nick Suzuki.

Process > results...

Yep there was a group of people who said the points would start coming when he was playing like that because he had a lot of bad luck during a stretch where beautiful passes weren’t being converted etc

Reactions: 417

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad