OT: The Semi-Annual, Taste Optional Music Thread: Post Your Mid-Winter Blues Music

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
I never listened to a lot of Zappa. This song plays over the end credits of Y tu mamá también. Without the intro it doesn't sound (to me) like it came from 70s Frank Zappa.

Zappa is the full and total bomb. I think he's one of a short list of folks that could honestly be considered as musical genius it's just that he chose to overlay his brilliant complex compositions with lyrics about snow with dog pee in it and using "Dental Floss" as a simile for growing pot.

If you ever want to be concurrently amused and a tad shocked listen to Bobby Brown Goes Down just....not when you're around other people.

spcastlemagic

Jul 3, 2006
One of my favorites, the production is incredible, the songwriting on point. Wiz started to get lazy after that even if there are bright spots here and there.

Reactions: ChaosAgent

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
One of my favorites, the production is incredible, the songwriting on point. Wiz started to get lazy after that even if there are bright spots here and there.
He has been unlistenable since TBH. But I am going through that album every day even if they had to swap out a couple of beats - couldn't clear samples. Like "Mia Wallace" was my favorite with the old beat but it is still pretty dang good.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Fun album…played it a lot as a teen…
lol I ordered this album through what was an obscure UK recordes selling outlet called Cobb Records which was the only way you could order Western records to Eastern Europe. I waited infront of the post office every day until it came, ran home (along with my best friend back than), put the record on and listened for 24 hours straight...:thumbu:....

Not the record that Zappa freaks would die for but still better than just about anything you can hear nowdays...

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia

Possibly inspired by recent hockey-related events.

Gabriel's last album with Genesis and the likely peak of Phil Collins as only the drummer. I'm not as huge into prog era Genesis as some but I do love this tune.

Also @BlindWillyMcHurt, sorry man, I know it's early but drinkie drink. Eno's on this album though possibly not this song. It's kind of argued over what his actual contributions are but it's generally accepted that a lot of the work he did was not credited because Tony Banks never wanted him involved in the first place.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
But's it's NOON on a rando Wednesday!

Oh who am I kidding... I have a hidden bottle in the drawer here in the studio...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad