OT: The Semi-Annual, Taste Optional Music Thread: Post Your Mid-Winter Blues Music

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Crimson in 82 must’ve been a great tour. Aside from Fripp having the personality of a toad.
Both concerts at CMU auditorium were a blast…in different ways, but then again, I was 14, so everything was fun…we were trying to sneak alcohol and pot into every concert…’82 was a good concert year for me …saw The Who as well, The Police, Springsteen, although maybe those were ‘83…good year as well lol…edit:actually think Crimson might have been the end of 81…I know i saw them first and then the Clash about 6 months later

Last edited:
Reactions: 66871

Factorial

Oct 7, 2019
Nice. In the early 80s I saw the Grateful Dead at the Stanley a few times, Talking Heads too, and in ‘86 I saw The Smiths in The Queen is Dead tour at the Fulton. I saw The Clash and King Crimson at CMU believe it or not in ‘82 I think.

Wasn't KC at CMU in '81? My friends Mom dropped us off at the show. It was in Skibo Hall.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Wasn't KC at CMU in '81? My friends Mom dropped us off at the show. It was in Skibo Hall.

yes, I corrected myself in another post…I believe it was Nov or Dec ‘81 now, and The Clash was in October 82…I thought they were closer in time to each other in my mind…cool that you were there too, small world…I went with my older brother to that show and then went with some friends to The Clash…

Factorial

Oct 7, 2019

It was Halloween:

1981-10-31
no known recording
King Crimson Carnegie-Mellon UniversityPittsburgh

Reactions: Andy99

Factorial

Oct 7, 2019
yes, I corrected myself in another post…I believe it was Nov or Dec ‘81 now, and The Clash was in October 82…I thought they were closer in time to each other in my mind…cool that you were there too, small world…I went with my older brother to that show and then went with some friends to The Clash…

Would like this post if I had the ability to.

Factorial

Oct 7, 2019
Crimson in 82 must’ve been a great tour. Aside from Fripp having the personality of a toad.

Fripp has really mellowed in recent years. I saw them in Philly this past summer and he actually spoke to the crowd at the beginning of the show.

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia

Watching old clips of Crimson from that time period makes me think Fripp had actually lightened up a tad and I wonder how much of it was just because Adrian Belew was so damned charismatic and bombastic. Homie was bopping around in his pink oversize suitcoat making his guitar sound like an elephant and Fripp genuinely seemed to enjoy the performance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad