OT: The Semi-Annual, Taste Optional Music Thread: Post Your Mid-Winter Blues Music

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Oh shit! I totally blanked on the excellent Elliot Smith cover.

Man his covers were always top notch. His live cover of Neil's "Harvest Moon" always gets me. That's actually the version I learned as opposed to the original.

Reactions: dogthateats

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I had no idea that existed. Thank you for making my day haha... haven't listened to ES in a while, really.

Here's something else from way back in those days I haven't heard in a while

Reactions: dogthateats

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
I had no idea that existed. Thank you for making my day haha... haven't listened to ES in a while, really.

Here's something else from way back in those days I haven't heard in a while

When you said ES I thought for a sec you were talking about Elephant Six records, home of course to Olivia Tremor Control, Neutral Milk, Elf Power etc. Takes me instantly back to the early '00s using the Pens board for music sharing more than anything else.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
Highly recommend the new Kanye doc (at least part 1) to anybody with an interest in late 90s/early 00s hip hop. It's just really interesting to follow the unsigned Kanye as he tries to break into these circles. Watching him go from office to office at Roc A Fella playing his CD to distracted audiences is so great. Kudos to Coodie the cameraman who followed him all this time.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad