OT: The Semi-Annual, Taste Optional Music Thread: Post Your Mid-Winter Blues Music

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Last thread was getting rather large. Continue:

Found this cool "best of John Peel sessions" playlist on Spotify. Not comprehensive, only few hours, but good tunes. Bowie, Buzzcocks, the Fall, the Stranglers, Galaxie 500, Belle and Sebastian, Pavement, Boards of Canada, Autechre. Some bands I've never really heard, like Julian Cope/The Teardrop Explodes, and the Waterboys.

Drinking game: Take a shot anytime Fripp or Eno show up in the HF Pens music thread.

Brutal on the ol liver when I'm around... fairly low-stakes while I'm on my increasingly-regular hiatuses.

Reactions: Peat

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
Thread looks to have died a bit so...

Persefone is a 6 person progressive death outfit based out of Andorra. The entire population of Andorra is around 77k which means the country is at worst .0078% sweet ass death metal band and I think that's pretty neat.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I've been waiting for some more Depeche Mode, and I'm glad David seems to be doing well. I figured I'd read somewhere that he died considering the amount of hardcore drugs he'd been doing.

I think he was medically dead at one point for eight minutes or so a while back. But yeah, still alive and kicking. No Mode, but more than a few interesting gems dropped elsewhere.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I think he was medically dead at one point for eight minutes or so a while back. But yeah, still alive and kicking. No Mode, but more than a few interesting gems dropped elsewhere.

I think you've dropped at least a couple tacks here by him and they've all been good.

I've always dug DM though so no real surprise I guess.

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012

I just googled and his nick name is the "cat". I've always liked his voice and darker tones, but not so much of the beep bop DM.

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
Yeah, sounds right. My interests in this thread are very much Dave Gahan and Death Metal.

Speaking of which, very nice track Depart Ogie.

Been a fan of Persefone for some time but they had been quiet lately. I tend more toward prog or tech death myself....2022 is not even one month old yet and there have been hella good tunes dropped in those particular subgenres already. Particularly excited for the new Allegaeon.

Last edited:

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ

My fav Soulsavers albums are still the ones with Mark Lanegan, who's got similar amounts of drug damage. :laugh:

But yeah, Gahan is a great vocalist. Also Depeche Mode was an absolute blast to see live.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad