OT: The Semi-Annual, Taste Optional Music Thread: Post Your Mid-Winter Blues Music

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Factorial

Oct 7, 2019
I absolutely love that album for many reasons.

1) It's just a fantastic collection of witty, smart, funny songs.
2) The production is all cheap amps, trashy guitars, weird drum machines, etc. Smokey amps and Danelectro masonite guitars.
3) It's like the Jesus and Mary Chain were writing Brill Building pop songs.
4) The secret to a great guitar sound is always distortion > tremolo > reverb.
5) FEEDBACK!

Also, this is gonna be in my head all morning:

Percy Jones and Phil Collins from this same era:

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
That's killer. What a great album, too. You obviously raised an awesome kid haha

It was my buddy's bday this past weekend and he busted out "The Pod" at one point... hadn't heard it in years. What a trip. We came to the conclusion that it was kind of the proto-Mollusk.

Last edited:

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
I feel like I should think about becoming one of those "really into vinyl" dudes just because it would be a good fallback option when the wife asks what I want for my birthday. Being someone who's still really into the classics helps since back then "The Album" as a whole was so much more important.

edf5b170-45aa-11e5-8633-a72f9ae393a9.jpg

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I feel like I should think about becoming one of those "really into vinyl" dudes just because it would be a good fallback option when the wife asks what I want for my birthday. Being someone who's still really into the classics helps since back then "The Album" as a whole was so much more important.

edf5b170-45aa-11e5-8633-a72f9ae393a9.jpg
Yeah, but they you also run the risk of being one of the rubes who can "hear" the differences between speaker cables and needs like $15K worth of home audio stuff and room treatment before you can listen to an album. :laugh:

Vinyl is great. I love the format. It's fun to collect and hunt for rare records.

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
Yeah, but they you also run the risk of being one of the rubes who can "hear" the differences between speaker cables and needs like $15K worth of home audio stuff and room treatment before you can listen to an album. :laugh:

Vinyl is great. I love the format. It's fun to collect and hunt for rare records.

Could be worse. I could be wasting all that pretension on wine or something.

Reactions: HandshakeLine

Factorial

Oct 7, 2019

It's a sickness that I almost was sucked into but being cheap saved me. $5K 5 Watt tube amps and super high efficiency speakers and $25K turntables...

Reactions: HandshakeLine

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad