OT: The Semi-Annual, Taste Optional Music Thread: Post Your Mid-Winter Blues Music

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
At LCD Soundsystem now waiting for them to take the stage…opening song better be Us v Them… have ear plugs…close enough to the stage to see James sweat

Attachments

• EA452F75-43F3-4301-98DD-4ABF6F746602.jpeg
    EA452F75-43F3-4301-98DD-4ABF6F746602.jpeg
    177.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
In Flames playing Jergal's next month. IF is long past a band I would go too far to see but I'm within 10 minutes of Jergal's so it may be worth a swing-by.

Reactions: Peat

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I've been watching No Direction Home on Netflix and it's got me on a folk-Dylan bender.

I've always preferred 'electric-Dylan', but A Hard Rain and Freewheelin' more generally rank right up there with the best of the best Dylan IMO.

Reactions: HandshakeLine

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
A few weeks ago I stumbled on a mono reissue of Dylan's very first album, the pure folksinger one, and it's surprisingly good.
Always liked Freight Train Blues, but yeah there's some good songs on there.

Still, the jump from that to Freewheelin' is incredible.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Always liked Freight Train Blues, but yeah there's some good songs on there.

Still, the jump from that to Freewheelin' is incredible.
Oh yeah, it’s crazy how much he grew as an artist between those two. He goes from trying to be a Hoyt Axton/Dave Van Ronk clone to his own distinct thing so quickly.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Whoa. That's especially weird to me. As you can imagine I've heard the original like eleventy billion times.
Yeah, Czechs and Slovaks went through a really fascinating love affair with American country & western music, cowboy films, and camping in the 20th century. Still pretty popular here all things considered but only old school country, none of this Walmart country mega church horsheshit.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Yeah, Czechs and Slovaks went through a really fascinating love affair with American country & western music, cowboy films, and camping in the 20th century. Still pretty popular here all things considered but only old school country, none of this Walmart country mega church horsheshit.

I'd rather shove red-hot pokers in both ears than listen to any country made from basically the late 80s onward. As soon as ol Garth poisoned the well for good it was all over. But old country? *chef's kiss*

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad