OT: The Semi-Annual, Taste Optional Music Thread: Post Your Mid-Winter Blues Music

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
154 has The 15th and Map Ref. on it which I love but yes... you are absolutely correct.
2116255bd0236e3413a75836375c49c9c5b04e96.png

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Johnny Rotten first showed himself to be a hypocrite when in the 1980s, after denigrating “dinosaur“ bands like Led Zep as a punk icon, his reformed band Public Image Ltd opened their shows with a completely admiring version of Kashmir lol….he later stated that he loved Zep lol…

Factorial

Oct 7, 2019
Johnny Rotten first showed himself to be a hypocrite when in the 1980s, after denigrating “dinosaur“ bands like Led Zep as a punk icon, his reformed band Public Image Ltd opened their shows with a completely admiring version of Kashmir lol….he later stated that he loved Zep lol…

I wouldn't take anything JR said in 1980 as gospel. They were trying to provoke anyone and everyone.

Reactions: Andy99

Peat

Jun 14, 2016

edit:

Re Johnny Rotten

1) Saying it just to get a rise doesn't stop it from being hypocritical
2) Admiring the Queen without supporting the Monarchy is a fairly common position here insofar as I've bothered to talk to people on the subject, which admittedly isn't much

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I just thought it was hilarious that a London-Irish dude who wrote "God Save the Queen" and was so vocal in his memoirs about hating her (supposedly) just ended up being another Tory in the end. :laugh: At least Shane MacGowan is still staying true to his ethos, which is "wine time".

Interestingly enough, my Geordie Faulkland war vet colleague is still firmly in the "f*** da Qween" camp and is sticking to his proverbial guns.

Reactions: Peat

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Ah, but they can't all be MacGowan, or there'd be no booze left for the rest of us! I should try and get some stories out of my uncles about him one day, both knew him well (which raises interesting questions about how both are still alive).

Anyway, in honour of a real one

Also to try and keep the metal quotient of this thread high enough

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Kinda post-black metal with some jazzy bits. Some of the jazzy bits remind me of Cowboy Bebop's soundtrack. Yeah, I am sharing the whole album.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad