The Roster Thread, Summer 2024

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
My biggest worry is that our top two centers we're banking a lot on long term (Thompson, Cozens) just aren't good enough. I hope I'm wrong.

This is where I've been at for the last two years too. Everything the team has built is riding on them being adequate for the roles. Ostlund and Helenius coming in and being an average 1C/2C combo would be fantastic, but unlikely. There's nothing else on the horizon to bail them out.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Chad doubts the Sabres are in on Trouba, but has written in his latest article that the Sabres D could benefit from a reshuffle...

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
Chad doubts the Sabres are in on Trouba, but has written in his latest article that the Sabres D could benefit from a reshuffle...
They can be in on his game by anyone seeing him in town bashing him in the face at the airport w whatever stick is available or elbowing that dche when he's not looking , as thats all he has to his cheap game. Maybe chop pietrangelo hands off w a real axe when in town of slew foot that other cheap idiot stone brain
Dishonor doesn't win in the long run except in this rigged league. Nice pucks too, we should all so f that to all cheap idiot and hopefully ruffs new guys can hit and punish legally and respond in kind w whatever idiots like Trouba tru to harm or intimidate our guys.
We are on a war footing throughout the city to the homes of buffalonians throughout our storm . We can win it humble and honorable and still strike fear into each opponent in both sports. Even hospitality , we're not Utah poisoning Jordan , we don't have to interact unless spoken to or make them comfortable on game day .
Oh. On the interstate the fn left lane is for passing only , get over. And during the season leave mr allen alone when you see him out if yr over 18

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I disagree.Not a big Adams fan but he brought in 4 forwards this offseason ,a backup capable goalie and a depth defenceman. The 3rd and 4th lines add a ton of speed and grit exactly what we lacked.Now people are saying we need a top 6 forward.So who are we getting rid of in our top 6 between Thompson Tuch Peterka Quinn Cozens and Benson? Also who is on your radar to make this team better offensively in the hou are getting rid of 1 of them 6 I just mentioned. Just curious.I must be missing something
I'd rather see Benson start on the third line with Zucker and McLeod. But it could also be a top 9 addition, not a top 6. Like Coleman. Maybe players like Konecny, Vatrano. All the same Zegras or Farabee.

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
I'd rather see Benson start on the third line with Zucker and McLeod. But it could also be a top 9 addition, not a top 6. Like Coleman. Maybe players like Konecny, Vatrano. All the same Zegras or Farabee.
Then Greenway is the odd man out or hes in the top 6.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
Adams is on year five. The holes in his roster are a direct result of failing to do ANYTHING about them the previous two years. You can’t ask for patience when 2/3 of what you consider the window has been spent sitting on hands. If they don’t make a big move they’re also going to be wasting the savings from the Skinner buyout. Proving once and for all they only do things for Terry’s wallet.
It could also be he wasn't willing to pay the asking price for the bigger assets that were available for trade.
I think he wanted to add a big upgrade and couldn't get it done.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
So Adams is on year 5 and Pegula is on year 13. So what? Why does that have anything to do with 2024?

I never understood this.
crushing the hope he created with the failure that last season was (and also doing nothing to save it) certainly let me question his abilities.
Sorry but on some point its groundhog day, waking up with the 3rd rookie GM in a row watching their plan slowly disintegrate.
Its the overall ability to actually run a team and assemble a competitive roster.
He has no track record whatsoever.
So I think people have a right to be skeptical especially after last season.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Which happened entirely due to a generationally horrible and incompetent organization (us) screwing up so bad they had to trade Sam for such a pitiful return. If you can come up with an organization that has f'd up that bad and has to give away a top 6 forward for such a pitiful return please call Kevyn and let him know.

There were like 4 RFA wingers traded within a year or so of Reinhart for virtually identical returns.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Patience is all about letting the current core develop properly. Has nothing at all to do with the past.

Dahlin hasn’t even hit his prime yet. Defense takes longer.
That’s a whole bunch of crap to sell to people. It shouldn’t take years for a defense of guys that were drafted highly, to be good. They are supposed to be good players. Sure they may not be at their peak but you should be getting good play from them even while they are young, otherwise, they shouldn’t be in the NHL now. We are barely getting that, and if we see another year of Dahlin go backwards in his “development” as he wasn’t close to be the game changer he was the previous year, then we need to worry.

And what is this “develop” you speak of because the only version of development that this organization has set these guys up with is “getting premium minutes” of ice time. Because how they have completely structured their top 4, they sure as hell didn’t bring any veterans to help develop these young players on the pairings during actual time on the ice. They barely brought in veterans to help on the bench.

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
I love Konecny but my question remains wjo are we trading for example Konecny? Not saying any top 6 are untouchable but hypothetically who would you trade and for who? Not mad just curious.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I love Konecny but my question remains wjo are we trading for example Konecny? Not saying any top 6 are untouchable but hypothetically who would you trade and for who? Not mad just curious.
I have no idea what Briere would be looking for with Konecny. Rumor has it that Briere would like Krebs, but he has low value. I've seen Philly fans mention center prospects. Maybe someone like Ostlund.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Which happened entirely due to a generationally horrible and incompetent organization (us) screwing up so bad they had to trade Sam for such a pitiful return. If you can come up with an organization that has f'd up that bad and has to give away a top 6 forward for such a pitiful return please call Kevyn and let him know.

Look at similar trades of 1 yr to UFA RFAs.

The return is similar with as playoff team first and a very good prospect
My biggest worry is that our top two centers we're banking a lot on long term (Thompson, Cozens) just aren't good enough. I hope I'm wrong.

I am not that worried. You should have someone who us better defensivly on that line as a winger
Buchnevich and Reinhart were traded as players with minimal years of team control and unsigned at the time.

There are currently 7 unsigned RFA forwards with > 0.50 ppg:

Raymond
Jarvis
Necas
Byfield
Marchenko
Perfetti
Berggren

Necas is the only one with UFA status in '26. The others are '28 and Perfetti in '29.

Most of those I think have their ELCs end so they cant go to arbitration yet

How much is rangers retaining?

I get the concept of a RD for mud paircwoth 2-3 yrs of term.

A top 9 acquired addition I think means someone on the 23 man gets moved.pushjng greenway to pressbox hurt sd his value in a trsfe and kicking a UFA you signed got 1 yr snf gets kicked to pressbox is not good.
I have no idea what Briere would be looking for with Konecny. Rumor has it that Briere would like Krebs, but he has low value. I've seen Philly fans mention center prospects. Maybe someone like Ostlund.

I am not seeing how Konecny is different from what buffalo has.hr is not s PF

Sabresbyswords104

Dec 7, 2019
Patience is all about letting the current core develop properly. Has nothing at all to do with the past.

Dahlin hasn’t even hit his prime yet. Defense takes longer.
Parience is not finishing bottom of league Either. Its now they need to do this. They need to perform. Better is nothing to do with development

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
You know what I mean and you don't know if he will.If you mean Zucker on 2nd he obviously hasn't got much trade value

I think I was commenting on how you could fit another top 6 winger into the lineup.

Just move Benson (or Zucker) down the lineup. Pushes others down or out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad