The Roster Thread, Summer 2024

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
The eye test does too. He was not good playing the role he did for NYR during the playoffs.

I'd still take him as a physical bottom pair guy who could fill in further up when injuries occur though. Especially if it means moving on from Joker and/or Clifton. I don't hate Clifton BTW - he's just expensive for a bottom pair guy. So would Trouba be even at $4m - but he has that X factor that I'd pay for. He's only signed for two more years.

I don't think I'm ready to move on from Clifton. He played well the 2nd half of last year and think that Lindy can smooth out some of his rough edges. If I had to choose Cliffy at his current deal or Trouba at $4M.........I'm not so sure I take Trouba, especially considering that there's a real possibility that his falling off the cliff has occurred.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Are they allowing an extra roster spot for the trip? It would make sense which is what makes me skeptical
Part 2

I was looking for this answer last week and couldn't find anything.

I finally found a reference: Sharks were allowed to bring up to 27 players to Europe in 2022. (Sheng Peng, SJHockeyNow)

My bet is that if our Chech players (Kulich, Rousek) show well in training camp they will bring them on the trip. Whether they play or not is a different story.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
It seems very rare that the league's youngest team makes the playoffs.
I’ve been saying! We’re on the right track but we need some good veteran players.

Do we dump some picks and prospects for short term veterans to make a run?

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
That was it - Capgeek! Good memory

I don't remember that one, I picked up on Capgeek though.

Overall, the main site has changed but one site always steps into the void....
Had to go looking or I would have gone crazy
1720725451405.png

I think puckpedia bought the domain because when I first typed it in it redirected

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I’ve been saying! We’re on the right track but we need some good veteran players.

Do we dump some picks and prospects for short term veterans to make a run?
I'm not sure yet. It's not that I'm too worried about us being the youngest team in the league, but we're missing few good veterans.

zenthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
perhaps proven veteran leaders Sidney Crosby or Alexander Ovechkin would improve the roster

zenthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Inside the box thinker: breaking Gretzky’s goal scoring record is incredible.

True visionary: it was the southeast division. Try scoring like that with Ron Rolston behind the bench

Sabresbyswords104

Dec 7, 2019
Any truth to farabee rumors? Krebs + for him ?

Seems for no room for more forwards . Farabbe seems to be good defending ?

Farabbe Thompson Tuch
Zucker Cozens Quinn
Benson McLeod Peterka
Malenstyn Lafferty Greenway
Aube-Kubel

Would be extremly good forward group of players . Very easily a playoff team

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Any truth to farabee rumors? Krebs + for him ?

Seems for no room for more forwards . Farabbe seems to be good defending ?

Farabbe Thompson Tuch
Zucker Cozens Quinn
Benson McLeod Peterka
Malenstyn Lafferty Greenway
Aube-Kubel

Would be extremly good forward group of players . Very easily a playoff team
I get there were rumors, but i don't see any reason why Philly moves Farabee. He is young, cost controlled, plays hard and crashes the net. Why trade him? He seems like he is the exact type of player the flyers like.

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
It's incredibly depressing to see just how down on this team virtually everyone in the league is right now. It's almost at 2021-22 post Eichel levels of "this team has no shot of making the playoffs".

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
It's incredibly depressing to see just how down on this team virtually everyone in the league is right now. It's almost at 2021-22 post Eichel levels of "this team has no shot of making the playoffs".
Meh HF only. Just an old cliche that some grasp onto for cheap likes. I don't think people that are actually paying attention agree

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
This team is going to run over teams now. Even if it's not going to change the W column, it is going to be a lot more entertaining.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
This team is going to run over teams now. Even if it's not going to change the W column, it is going to be a lot more entertaining.

Fans will be a lot more engaged if the team isn't a bunch of shrinking wallflowers and instead is taking the body on at least two of the lines (which should rub off on the others).

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Fans will be a lot more engaged if the team isn't a bunch of shrinking wallflowers and instead is taking the body on at least two of the lines (which should rub off on the others).
This is why I think its hard to tell exactly how this team will perform. We've never seen them play this style of hockey and if the new additions along with Ruff get them to play hard and physical, we don't really are heading into uncharted waters. Maybe it won't make a difference or maybe it will make all the difference if the team isn't being run over every night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad