The Roster Thread, Summer 2024

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
With another 2nd we could've gotten a good young 2nd pair RHD in Marino, instead we got Malesh...whoever.
I might be done with this organization.

Reactions: toddkaz

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
With another 2nd we could've gotten a good young 2nd pair RHD in Marino, instead we got Malesh...whoever.
I might be done with this organization.

oof-old-man.gif

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Adding a player who is good defensively and can drop the gloves?

Great!

Paying a second rounder for a guy to do that when they are freely available in like 2 days

Dumb!
A lot of times, those types will prefer to sign with contending teams.

Was a 2nd an overpay for Malenstyn? Of course. Sometimes it's the only way to get them here though.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
A lot of times, those types will prefer to sign with contending teams.

Was a 2nd an overpay for Malenstyn? Of course. Sometimes it's the only way to get them here though.

I know Buffalo isn't an ideal place to play for most guys

But....offer them 500k more a year than the contender is offering. Money absolutely talks. Especially to guys who know their career isn't going to be long.

This is a panic desperation move by a GM who is in over his head.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
But....offer them 500k more a year than the contender is offering. Money absolutely talks. Especially to guys who know their career isn't going to be long.

That's a poor blanket statement to make. Sure, maybe a couple guys might come here if we're offering 500k more. Maybe a couple guys might come here if we offer 1M more. Others would rather go elsewhere.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
On a rebuilding team I could see them just wanting to start from scratch and get out of a contract with a player that will be paid 7 million until he is 39 years old
They are below the cap floor as is. They seem to be retooling rather than tearing down. I think it would take Kadri asking out for them to move him and in either case, would want something back. Kadri has been relatively injury free and his deal will not be penal if the cap keeps rising. I would offer a decent package for him. He also brings attitude and cup pedigree.

Reactions: CrazyWayne

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
I know Buffalo isn't an ideal place to play for most guys

This is a panic desperation move by a GM who is in over his head.
I’d rather them overpay in future assets and see you complain about rather overpaying in cap space

Than overpaying in cap space and seeing you complain about that also being dumb.

Reactions: BUCKSHOT

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
If they get Kadri they get 3 centres making just north of 42 million. Kadri is still a solid player at 33 but I'd be real worried taking him til he's age 39.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $175.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • USA vs Uruguay
    USA vs Uruguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $682.00