The Roster Thread, Summer 2024

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

SabresFanNorthPortFL

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2007
North Port, FL
It’s been discussed far too much on this board….our drafting in the top rounds has been way too similar…..we had 3 #1’s in 2022 and drafted Savoie (small), ostlund (small frame) and Kulich (not as small but small). Follow up the next draft and pick another small guy in Benson.

We can not fill out a well rounded PLAYOFF roster with a bunch of midgets. If I wanna be miffed by something about Adams, it would be how can you draft four small players in a row???

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
It’s not about “ wanting them activity” it’s about matching a player someone wants to move with value - there’s no way they don’t have value. They are better than most of the prospects moved j player trades in the last 2 years
I refuse to believe they're easy to move because that means the GM is even worse than I suspect. If he's just sitting on all these kids when he has other options, he's just s straight up moron and this team will never be good.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
Rushing a guy like McGroarty to the NHL is not the way to build a playoff caliber team, though.

Unlike the majority of our prospects, I think a guy like McGroarty is capable of competing for a spot in the bottom 6 based on his build, skillset, and demeanor.

I'm all for a prospect swap for him. If he doesn't earn the spot, you give him things to work on in the A and a clear path back to the show. I don't think that's a bad message to him and his camp.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Seems like a legit 4th liner with size. Searching his name shows a lot of praise during the regular season from Caps fans, and some frustrations during the playoffs

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
I’ll say this about Adams, he’s incredibly patient with his plan. Whatever his management team has been doing with scouting, drafting, and development is the best I’ve seen in Buffalo ever. I only go back to Regier.

If Ruff can get the structure in place there’s no reason why the Sabres shouldn’t grow into a consistent playoff team. It’s going to take another year I believe unless Adams can be better with his NHL moves.
How can we even say this? Quinn and Peterka have been fun players in their brief time in the NHL, but neither has established themselves as a KNOWN hockey player the way countless prospects eventually do, they're just interesting young pieces who haven't yet meaningfully contributed to a good hockey team. Any team has prospects succeed like this. Benson had a surprise/nice 31 point season. Other teams develop prospects into superstars on occasion, we haven't done that yet. Nothing being done in Buffalo is remarkable, except MAYBE the fact that there are a lot of guys that look somewhat exciting at the AHL level or below. Call me if you've heard that before.

In 2005-2006-2007, Roy/Vanek/Miller/Gaustad/Pominville/Campbell were all developed by the Sabres into players that everyone in the league knew about, because they were playing in and contributing to winning massive games. That is the sort of thing that would make me remark on seriously good scouting/drafting/development.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
How can we even say this? Quinn and Peterka have been fun players in their brief time in the NHL, but neither has established themselves as a KNOWN hockey player the way countless prospects eventually do, they're just interesting young pieces who haven't yet meaningfully contributed to a good hockey team. Any team has prospects succeed like this. Benson had a surprise/nice 31 point season. Other teams develop prospects into superstars on occasion, we haven't done that yet. Nothing being done in Buffalo is remarkable, except MAYBE the fact that there are a lot of guys that look somewhat exciting at the AHL level or below. Call me if you've heard that before.

In 2005-2006-2007, Roy/Vanek/Miller/Gaustad/Pominville/Campbell were all developed by the Sabres into players that everyone in the league knew about, because they were playing in and contributing to winning massive games. That is the sort of thing that would make me remark on seriously good scouting/drafting/development.
someone needs an iced beverage and a minute out of the sun

TheBarnIsElectric

Sponsor
Jun 15, 2010
we need a depth forward that can play defense, block shots, and has some size

sabres acquire a depth forward that can play defense and block shots and has some size

rraaawwwwwrrrrrrr
I'm not complaining about the pickup, but a) it's definitely an overpay, and b) he is not proven in that role.

Hope this guy helps us, but I want proven players in their role who we don't have to hope are good.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
Peterka - Thompson - Tuch
XXX - Cozens - Quinn
Benson - XXX - Greenway
MALENSTYN - XXX/Krebs - XXX

Dahlin - Byram
Power - XXX
Sammy - Clifton

UPL/Levi

Kevyn got an easy move out of the way, 4 or 5 more good ones please.

someone needs an iced beverage and a minute out of the sun
I feel like that is a very measured post, where are you reading any emotion into it? I am just chilling rn fr.

I wish it was sunny here, after a beautiful week the rain came to destroy all of my weekend plans.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
I’ll never understand how someone gets the dream job of being an NHL General Manager without any vision. Completely risk averse. George McClellelan would be ashamed by Kevin Adams’ unwillingness to move his pieces.

Reactions: My Cozen Dylan

KeepKane

May 6, 2015
How about a-develop-and-sell-with-profit-approach to our wealth of forward prospects.
Especially Peterka seems like a good candidate for this: Play him on the top line all season, have him become a PPG player, make the playoffs in the process, trade him for a nice return (Fiala trade comes to mind as a comparable regarding value) to avoid a costly contract extension, insert e.g. Rosen into the lineup, repeat.
I'd add a 2 year bridge after ELC so you have player for 5 years relatively cheap then auction said player off for top dollar.

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
1719679358056.png

• Haha
Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Well will Tampa moving Sergachev and Jeannot, they have enough room for Stamkos now which means prying Cirelli with an overpayment has gone down to a 0.00% chance now.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $75.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • USA vs Uruguay
    USA vs Uruguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $682.00