Trades & Free Agency Thread: Off-season Edition

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
The avalanche are in Cap-hell. I feel like there has to be a trade there for the Leafs

Liljegren, Holmberg, Kampf, Jarnkrok, Timmins, Marlies, Picks.....Try to get Ross Colton here because he's a perfect fit

Avalanche need to cut cap space a lot. Liljegren doesn't work. Maybe Jarnkrok does, but not by much.

I think you're looking at Robertson, Timmins, maybe some prospects like Steeves, Niemela, Kokkonen, etc. I'm sure many teams would take someone like Ross off their hands for a low end package.

Reactions: OVO16

LeafsFan89

Jan 2, 2011
I like Hakanpaa over Boosh (terms of cap hit). And it's a good signing/term. At least we won't give up the usual 2nd at the deadline for a Boosh/Edmunson.

Reflected about today, and Tre did not bad. I am still unsure why we still have Jarnkrok, Timmins, Robertson (who wants to leave), Kampf and even Lilly. I don't think Lilly fits Berube's style, but we will see what happens.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Must admit, I was pretty pissed off early but Tre had a pretty good day. Good value on almost every contract . Still need another centre or hope the young kids can make a step.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Pelley promised changes. So far, nothing has changed other than some old vets brought in to replace ones that have left. One of the core players has to be dealt. Looks like they waited so long that only dispatching one of Marner and /or Tavares are left.

so again
What do you want PELLEY to do?

If Pelley fired Shanahan today does Marner get traded Tomorrow? No.
if Pelley fired Treliving today does Tavares get traded last year. No.
I am being dead serious here. what did you expect Pelley to do today (or even like 3-4 weeks ago) that warranted you to say "F-Pelley"

When a good chunk of the players flat out state "we don't want to play in Canada." full stop. - again do you want Pelley to go "but we really want you play here, please change your mind?" if Treliving over the moon overpaid Roy or whomever for example. because Pelley said it was okay - would you have been happy or would you have said F Pelley for allowing the overpayment. so the "good players" who are being signed else where are not - not being signed here because we have no cap room - (i'm sure you are aware we can actually be 10% over the cap during the summer - unless they've changed that rule then my apologies). they Do Not. Want . To Sign. In Canada.

Like I'm sorry "NMC" or not they need to go. they have an NMC. so they can't go until they decide they want to. Did you want Pelley to put a gun to their head and say "waive it or i'll shoot?"

again. I'm not understanding how this man who has been 3 months on the job is getting all this "Eff You." as if he was the one who did all this. (and as en vouge as it is to rag on Dubas for signing everyone to everything - i will say the NMCs would not have been my Waterloo - it's not his fault COVID happened and the cap was stagment instead of raising up).

When a good chunk wants to play in the south and the other chunk doesn't want to play further than New York - you have a smaller ball of yarn to play with. so maybe instead of of people whinging how we didn't get Player X look at the players who DO want to play in Canada, and DO want to play in Toronto. and ask if we did well on that score. (I can't answer that question the only 2 people i know are OEL and Tanev and from everything i remember Tanev's biggest issue is that he's made from spun sugar).

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
then we riot!

Kqfp.gif
Screw that, I’m pretty sure I’m checking out of this bullshit………

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021
Decent day so far but get marner jarnkok Robertson kampf outta here and we’re talking.

Our division gets stronger as well.
I will go look now, but I am curious why you think our division got better.

Tampa lost Sergachev and Stamkos i am not sure the guys they brought in make them better. That whole core is aging.

Boston. Is Lindholm that much of an upgrade on Debrusk? They lost Heinen too. Zadorov in, but Ullmark out. They have an aging core too.

Florida lost a few guys. They kept guys. I don't know that they got better.

Buffalo? Ottawa? Detroit? Montreal?

The Leafs got better on D and in G. That's a good thing. We could sign Skinner and make up for the lost Bert goals, we might move out Robertson to free up time for Grebyenkin, Cowan or Minten.

Last edited:
Reactions: RomanianLeafs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad