The Roster Thread, Summer 2024

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I'm not a huge Ehlers fan, but he is talented offensively. Iafallo would be a very nice swiss army knife in the top 9.

I imagine 14 plus would be headed back. Depending on what the plus is, fine by me.
But this looks good

GMl24VXXwAEiHVg.jpg
FzqBndJXwAMqGDM.jpg

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
There is no good reason for Levi not to be in Rochester next season. He needs playing time to develop he isn't getting with the parent club, having him as the Maytag repairman would be very counterproductive.

Tell the fools who run our team. Most teams would take the method of leaving him in the AHL if he doesn't have to clear waivers. That way you have an emergency goalie and you can always try and catch lightning in a bottle if you hit the skids during the season with your rookie. Not Buffalo. The question is why. You tell me.

Ehlers for Mattius Sameulsson and #43

Correct me if I'm wrong but Ehler's is no slouch defensively either if I remember.

It's pretty much a band-aid for a band-aid and a early 2nd.
Signed or not signed?

Reactions: BUCKSHOT

Sabresbyswords104

Dec 7, 2019
Will the sabres do any soon ? I dont think we can get main pieces in free agentcy so we need a trade atleast . The jets rumors any chance it happens ?

The draft is tommorow

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
Please tell us your plan to get these guys to waive their NMC/NTC to come here. Beg? Plead? Grovel?
Go back in time to any of the previous 4 off-season's that Adams has been here and spend money and draft capital to improve the team so that the team would be a more attractive destination in the present.

This is year 5 under Adams and he's done nothing in the previous 4 years to improve the team in the eyes of UFAs or guys who have NTC/NMC.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Why are you worried about someone being an anchor in 4 years? Cernak would help us now. Worry about 4 years in 4 years.
Because in yr 4 buffalo needs space to sign the kids.
If they are already discussing an extension with Ehlers, then they have probably already agreed on a price?
I would assume its generally agreed to of they can talk unless epg told 6 or so teams you can talk about extension first
Therr could be major price disputes er in signrd v as lue vs rental value.
Will the sabres do any soon ? I dont think we can get main pieces in free agentcy so we need a trade atleast . The jets rumors any chance it happens ?

The draft is tommorow
1st round tonight rest tomorrow

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
One key to getting at least a couple of UFA's or players with NMC's to come here is because of Dahlin. He has a lot of respect in the league and maybe some Swedes who have played with him on the national team may be interested.
Swedes and other Europeans likely dont have an issue with buffalo
The team has had a long history of being open to euro players.

Southern ontario players dont have an issue with buffalo area. The issue recently Is not good. There is now light

Reactions: Dingo44

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Ehlers for Mattius Sameulsson and #43

Correct me if I'm wrong but Ehler's is no slouch defensively either if I remember.

It's pretty much a band-aid for a band-aid and an early 2nd.
Ehlers isn’t known to be great defensively, which is probably why his minutes haven’t been as high as fans have wanted the past several years. WPG is much more of a defensively sound team, where coaches don’t tend to let kids like Ehlers play as freely as they might otherwise. I don’t think he’s any worse than Peterka or Tage though.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Because in yr 4 buffalo needs space to sign the kids.
Who cares if KA acquires a guy that might not be worth his cap hit in 4 years?? If he is worth it for 3 yrs it's a win. He could be traded in year 4. Guys like that get dealt at every TDL. My god some fans think trading for anybody on a long-term deal is a marriage. Hell, even marriages usually end early.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Who cares if KA acquires a guy that might not be worth his cap hit in 4 years?? If he is worth it for 3 yrs it's a win. He could be traded in year 4. Guys like that get dealt at every TDL. My god some fans think trading for anybody on a long-term deal is a marriage. Hell, even marriages usually end early.
I wonder what people think Vegas does every year.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
I'd love to, but I'm not sure. Unless Lindy tells Adams he really needs Marino.
Maybe if they build Marino a new house in E. Amherst or the Southwowns he will waive his NTC. That and a chat from Lindy.

Not a sniff of a rumor today, not surprising since hearing KA was miffed at the Carolina chatter getting out.

Reactions: Fjordy

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I do...

You need a long term plan

Come 27 summer...
Likely have JPP, quinn coming off bridges and you have Kulich. Savoie, ostlund coming off ELCs.

Ideally you have TD on ELVs then which gives them space

Clifton replace by ELC
If they acquire a RD eith 4 yrs left then he can br replaces by an ELC

Bringing in a high cost D for 6× yrs will handcuff the team later

Thrn people with complain on poor cap mgmt

Reactions: ceky

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
I do...

You need a long term plan

Come 27 summer...
Likely have JPP, quinn coming off bridges and you have Kulich. Savoie, ostlund coming off ELCs.

Ideally you have TD on ELVs then which gives them space

Clifton replace by ELC
If they acquire a RD eith 4 yrs left then he can br replaces by an ELC

Bringing in a high cost D for 6× yrs will handcuff the team later

Thrn people with complain on poor cap mgmt
I promise I will not complain about poor cap management if the players we signed made it so we make the playoffs.

I WILL however complain if this team doesn't do anything out of the fear of future cap problems and continues only signing leftovers around the fringes, changing essentially nothing. Perfect is the enemy of good and we need a few moves that, while they may not be perfect, will be good.

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Not worth much, but Anthony from xB said he’s heard from multiple people that the Sabres and Jets are discussing a deal involving Iafallo and Ehlers, but the Sabres want an Ehlers extension done and it’s unclear how far apart the two sides are.
If Anthony's source is to be believed, it looks like the extension is getting in the way:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad