The Roster Thread, Summer 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

sabregoat

Sep 22, 2005
Hamburg, NY
I do not propose trades to avoid embarrassment but I have seen posts wanting Jeanott and to a lesser degree, Cernak. Putting aside the incident with Dahlin and since TB has no 1st this year

To TB:
14 overall
clifton
Kulich

To Buff:
Jeanott
Cernak
26 1st
Niko Huuhtanen

Please be gentle

Reactions: Dingo44

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I do not propose trades to avoid embarrassment but I have seen posts wanting Jeanott and to a lesser degree, Cernak. Putting aside the incident with Dahlin and since TB has no 1st this year

To TB:
14 overall
clifton
Kulich

To Buff:
Jeanott
Cernak
26 1st
Niko Huuhtanen

Please be gentle
No chance. Include Cirelli if you're including a 1st or Kulich, much less both...

Sabresbyswords104

Dec 7, 2019

To TB:
14 overall
clifton
Kulich

To Buff:
Jeanott
Cernak
26 1st
Niko Huuhtanen

Please be gentle
Would never do this trade . Cirelli and jeannott for 14 overall Clifton and 2 second round picks

Reactions: Fjordy

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008

To TB:
14 overall
clifton
Kulich

To Buff:
Jeanott
Cernak
26 1st
Niko Huuhtanen

Please be gentke
I'm not too keen on Tampa's cap situation, but Id assume they're going to keep their guys now that Stamkos isn't re-signing.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
How did the depth D adds of Clifton and EJ work out last year?

Adding depth guys alone isn't enough to get this team where we want it to go.
Clifton was okay. He's overpaid by a bit, but he's a decent 5,6,7 piece. Erik Johnson was horrible but when you play politics and insist on playing him because of salary, that's dumb. Don't play politics. Try and win. They also let go Ilya Lyubishkin for no reason based on cap. Bryson got into 36 games because of lack of depth. Ryan Johnson probably played too much. Clague played three. You cannot have too much depth.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Clifton was okay. He's overpaid by a bit, but he's a decent 5,6,7 piece. Erik Johnson was horrible but when you play politics and insist on playing him because of salary, that's dumb. Don't play politics. Try and win. They also let go Ilya Lyubishkin for no reason based on cap. Bryson got into 36 games because of lack of depth. Ryan Johnson probably played too much. Clague played three. You cannot have too much depth.
Yeah, but depth moves alone are not enough like the post I was replying to seemed to indicate as the best path to take this offseason.

Reactions: Fjordy

KeyserSoze81

Mar 1, 2007
Rochester, NY
His clause kicks in 7/1 so there still is a chance
Whoa, that works out perfectly. Age is right, defense first top 4 RD, played for Lindy. He has only played for Pittsburgh and New Jersey, so Buffalo may not even seem that bad! Seems like a no brainer (which means some other team is going to trade for him for a late 2nd round pick, and we are just standing around shrugging our shoulders).

Last edited:
Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

To TB:
14 overall
clifton
Kulich

To Buff:
Jeanott
Cernak
26 1st
Niko Huuhtanen

Please be gentle
Hell no

Cernak is an anchor in 4 yrs.

Jeanott is waiver fodder

Reactions: Weltschmerz

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
I posted this on twitter, but if Florida is going to be up against it, Lundell would be vulnerable to an offersheet. Up to 4.5M is a 2nd round pick.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I posted this on twitter, but if Florida is going to be up against it, Lundell would be vulnerable to an offersheet. Up to 4.5M is a 2nd round pick.
I doubt it. Montour is on the market and they are ready to trade Ekblad. I'm sure a GM like Zito can handle this.

BUCKSHOT

""""""""""""""""""""""
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
what if Stamkos at this stage of his career want to play close to home (Markham, ONT) like Skinner .....

the Leaves can't afford him

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
Not worth much, but Anthony from xB said he’s heard from multiple people that the Sabres and Jets are discussing a deal involving Iafallo and Ehlers, but the Sabres want an Ehlers extension done and it’s unclear how far apart the two sides are.
I don't really follow the Jets very closely, but I've read Jets fans say that Ehlers has been mismanaged by coaches there and has potential to be even better.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Not worth much, but Anthony from xB said he’s heard from multiple people that the Sabres and Jets are discussing a deal involving Iafallo and Ehlers, but the Sabres want an Ehlers extension done and it’s unclear how far apart the two sides are.
If they are already discussing an extension with Ehlers, then they have probably already agreed on a price?

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I'm not a huge Ehlers fan, but he is talented offensively. Iafallo would be a very nice swiss army knife in the top 9.

I imagine 14 plus would be headed back. Depending on what the plus is, fine by me.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Ehlers for Mattius Sameulsson and #43

Correct me if I'm wrong but Ehler's is no slouch defensively either if I remember.

It's pretty much a band-aid for a band-aid and a early 2nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad