The Roster Thread, Summer 2024

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
The fact that farabee has been mentioned as on the block fairly frequently gives me a little pause but I'd definitely be interested in that

Do we know why philly wants to move him?

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
The fact that farabee has been mentioned as on the block fairly frequently gives me a little pause but I'd definitely be interested in that

Do we know why philly wants to move him?
I think I read about Torts' dog house

Reactions: Dingo44

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
That is not what the CapFriendly buyout calculator represents.

View attachment 884827

Perhaps @dotcommunism can shed some light on whether buyout payments are spread out over the full length of the buyout (in this case 6x$2.4M) or just one lump sum payment at the time of the buyout.
Buy-Outs are paid over the full life of the Buy-Out itself. They are, in fact, paid out on the same schedule as Paragraph 1 Salary is, that is on the 15th and 30th of every month during the regular season.

Weltschmerz

Front Running Fan
Apr 22, 2007
Any guesses what the OTW-PHL deal framework might be that Yost reported ?
Read something that flyers would like to move up to 7 depending on the player available, they have 12 and floridas pick, and the spin was ottawa would use the florida pick on Ullmark.

Edit: forgot that ottawa has bostons pick anyway so this makes not much sense, seems like it was the idea of some boston poster and they hope they get 12

Last edited:

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I’m all about not going “big game hunting,” because just decent, role playing, actual NHlers is what would get this team into the playoffs….there is already a lot of skill here….a 3rd AND 4th line center, plus an actual 6/9 winger….the team….and defense would be solid.

But….

If Adams were to go there, please let it be Cirelli (or Bennett) and Jeannott. Those two on the Sabres completely changes our team dynamics. Cirelli would definitely be our #2 center immediately, and a center spine of Tage, Cirelli and Cozens would be awesome.

I’m not sure what I wouldn’t give to get those two. I’d think they’d want Peterka (cheap, good ECL), 11 and a prospect. I wouldn’t hesitate because Cirelli would be here for years.

Man you overrate Cirelli

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
I got the impression that he wasn't a lazy player though. I guess we don't want guys that torts wouldn't approve of, but I didn't think he had a skinner reputation either. Hopefully he just looked at him wrong one day

Insert eye emoji

1718914431472.gif

But I think I’d give up 11 for Farabee.

• Wow
Reactions: sabresnyper

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I got the impression that he wasn't a lazy player though. I guess we don't want guys that torts wouldn't approve of, but I didn't think he had a skinner reputation either. Hopefully he just looked at him wrong one day

Insert eye emoji

Well, everyone knows Torts' reputation, he can bench any player, I think he even benched Couturier. It seems to me that Lindy is more flexible, especially in recent years, when he himself said that the youth is different now and he is trying to adapt to this. I haven't followed Farabee in the last 1-2 seasons, but I liked him before.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
He wants to trade Farabee because he sucks ass. Imagine buying out Skinner just to bring back Farabee, who is similar.

Give me Faksa all day over any of these Philly jokers. Except maybe Cates, who I really like.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Philly also has picks 32 and 51 to balance something out involving 11, but even 11 to 32 is a pretty significant drop off

He wants to trade Farabee because he sucks ass. Imagine buying out Skinner just to bring back Farabee, who is similar.

Give me Faksa all day over any of these Philly jokers. Except maybe Cates, who I really like.

Ahh there it is. Idk why I thought his reputation was better

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
AFP predicts Joki's next contract as:

4M x 3Y or 3,3M x 1Y
Here's the thing, If Buffalo decided to not qualify Jokiharju, can you see GMs lining up to offer him 4M?

Neither can I.

I've probably been the biggest Jokiharju defender on these boards, and even I can't justify 4M for him this offseason.

I think AFP got this one way wrong. He's a 2.5-2,8M dollar RHD with some upside that he may or may not reach. I think arbitration would see it like I do.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Here's the thing, If Buffalo decided to not qualify Jokiharju, can you see GMs lining up to offer him 4M?

Neither can I.

I've probably been the biggest Jokiharju defender on these boards, and even I can't justify 4M for him this offseason.

I think AFP got this one way wrong. He's a 2.5-2,8M dollar RHD with some upside that he may or may not reach. I think arbitration would see it like I do.
Well, I think there will always be a GM who will pay, especially if he sees him as a top 4 RD with a right hand.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad